Goodbye, Ridley.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

Goodbye, Ridley.

I've seen enough of Ridley.  I don't care if the guy is the second coming of Walter Payton, how many games is he going to lose for us with his incessant fumbling? 

He has to be the least reliable RB in the NFL for putting the ball on the ground.  Can you imagine handing the ball to this clown in the playoffs or Super Bowl?  It's the same thing over and over.  Brutal sloppy back breaking fumble.  He gets benched for a game or two.  Works his way back in the lineup for a game or two, then...Brutal sloppy back breaking fumble. 

Over and over and over and over. 

Goodbye!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Re: Goodbye, Ridley.

another 2nd round bust. The decline and fall continues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I don't know if they get rid of him but it is not good enough for the number 1 running back to be turning the ball over as much. Especially from a team that usually demands excellence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

i don't see bb releasing Ridley. agree with Russ on limiting his touches. However, where I differ is give the ball more to Vereen, not bolden. Vereen can run. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Worse than Wiggly Ridley... is the Aqib and Mankin childish display of tempers, although as I see it Carolina is holding, using of hands and taunting. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I imagine you'll see him get burried on the depth chart...they'll hold their usual tryouts during the week to bring someone in...perhaps bring a guy in off the practice squad. Make no mistake he is done here unless Vareen and Blount go down with injury. Enough is enough and it's too bad really, I liked him, but that's it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to teegee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was a third round pick buddy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I imagine you'll see him get burried on the depth chart...they'll hold their usual tryouts during the week to bring someone in...perhaps bring a guy in off the practice squad. Make no mistake he is done here unless Vareen and Blount go down with injury. Enough is enough and it's too bad really, I liked him, but that's it.

[/QUOTE]

Going into this game did you expect him to ever turn the ball over again?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

GREAT pass by Brady on that play action.  Good to see Ridley redeem himself with some hard running and the TD.

**edit - hah.. thought I was in the game thread.  Somewhat on-topic here too...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TB17JM16. Show TB17JM16's posts

Ridley cost us the game, plain and simple...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Not quite yet, but losing confidence in him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Agree with Mankins comment. I'me reaching my limit with his untimely penalties..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to TB17JM16's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

McD helped also

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ridley blows; like I've been saying since before the season started.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Ridley does not blow though his fumble was the most important play of the game on the offensive side of the ball for the Pats. He ran hard before and after the fumble. He is a very good runner who right now is having fumble issues. If he does not fix them he will be gone but he runs very hard and had a lot of good runs tonight including a TD. The Ridley, Blount, Veree troika looked formidable tonight against an excellant defense. I like the Pats chances a lot still. I feel safe to say the Steelers game was no fluke. The Pats offense was really good considering the few posessions and the quality of the defense (the other sid eof the ball did not have a very good night).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am assuming that is sarcasm. 3rd rd pick. I said it earlier this year and I was mocked. Scale back Ridley's touches, use more Bolden and there is your answer.

Ridley is like a Kevin Faulk. The less you use him, the more potent he is.

A lead back needs to be cerebral. Not quite sure Ridley is that. High motor, great kid, etc, but use him a bit differently, IMO.

Releasing him is stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am assuming that is sarcasm. 3rd rd pick. I said it earlier this year and I was mocked. Scale back Ridley's touches, use more Bolden and there is your answer.

Ridley is like a Kevin Faulk. The less you use him, the more potent he is.

A lead back needs to be cerebral. Not quite sure Ridley is that. High motor, great kid, etc, but use him a bit differently, IMO.

Releasing him is stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed

[/QUOTE]

I keep referring back to Tiki Barber.  He was a great running back that fumbled often.  Hopefully, Rildey learns to hold onto the ball as Tiki did.  This is his third fumble this year.. not 10th...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley does not blow though his fumble was the most important play of the game on the offensive side of the ball for the Pats. He ran hard before and after the fumble. He is a very good runner who right now is having fumble issues. If he does not fix them he will be gone but he runs very hard and had a lot of good runs tonight including a TD. The Ridley, Blount, Veree troika looked formidable tonight against an excellant defense. I like the Pats chances a lot still. I feel safe to say the Steelers game was no fluke. The Pats offense was really good considering the few posessions and the quality of the defense (the other sid eof the ball did not have a very good night).

[/QUOTE]

WRONG. He is a disaster waiting to happen. He pads his stats against crappy teams and can't get it going when you need him most. Just turn off the homer button.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Three weeks ago everybody was screaming for him to get more touches...! WRONG.Last night they overused him and there's your result.

Should have been Blount and vereen with the Ridley changeup.  YOu overuse him and he gets careless. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just a bit of an over-reaction.  The fact is, they got the lead after that play happened so you really can't blame the loss on that play.  It certainly didn't help them, but it definitely was not the sole reason for the loss.  Actually, I was more upset with the decision to pass on that third and one, just before the field goal.  I expected them to hurry to the line and use a running play on a short count.  They go up by a touchdown, at that point, and I don't think there is much doubt how this game turns out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Ridley fumbles at a lower rate-per-carry than Adrian Peterson and lots of others.  I can't see him being a 20+ carry back though when he keeps fumbling at in-oportune times like this.  I doubt BB re-signs him to a contract in 2 years when he's a FA.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The biggest problem with the Patriots running game is the Coaches flirt with it and don't commit to it. Of all the power areas of football the running game is will against will and if you don't go all out with it you will never be any good at it.

Bolden has been on my + list since he's been here. And even though his knee is creaky right now the Pats have been wishy washy with him.

Blount has been handled like a bad Saturday night commercial...he's a floor wax...no he's a desert topping. Kick off returner...please...he's a classic running back in the sense that he improves with every carry. He's shown that since he's been here. You could see him forcing his 260 lb will on the Panthers with each carry. Would he have made the 3rd and 1 allowing us to take 3 shots for the TD instead of the 3 after we take the ball out of his hands and run what ended up a botched passing play on 3rd down....you know the answer to that one.

Ridley...sure...frustrating at times but another back that has been misused since he's been here. Barry Sanders would fumble, run backwards at times but Detroit kept feeding him the ball again and again. And at the end of the game he ended up hurting you with 150+ yd games. I'm not saying Ridley is Barry Sanders but right now the Pats handle Ridley like someone jumping lanes at the local bank....you never catch the right lane and if the Pats don't stop mishandling the running game you will never get it right. The last game the Pats stayed with Ridley after his fumble and it paid off. Either stick with Ridley when you must run the ball or cut him but stop this schoolyard go stand in the corner nonsense. Moreno was a bust under JM.....how's he working out today?

The Patriots will need to go all in with the running game against Denver to beat them. As I have said from week 1 the Pats could have a great running attack if they stop only committing 75% to it and run the dam ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley fumbles at a lower rate-per-carry than Adrian Peterson and lots of others.  I can't see him being a 20+ carry back though when he keeps fumbling at in-oportune times like this.  I doubt BB re-signs him to a contract in 2 years when he's a FA.   

[/QUOTE]

In the playoffs?

It's not so much how often with him; it's where and when.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WRONG. He is a disaster waiting to happen. He pads his stats against crappy teams and can't get it going when you need him most. Just turn off the homer button.

[/QUOTE]

Ridley is a solid RB. Do you think Peterson is a disaster waiting happen? He turns the ball over more than Ridley yet he is the running back in the game. Turn off the blind hate.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

McD helped also

[/QUOTE]

No, it was all Welker's fault

Sections
Shortcuts