Goodell a money hungry leech

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Goodell a money hungry leech

Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker was fined $10,000 by the NFL this week after wearing an unauthorized hat during his post-game interview following Sunday's win over the Dolphins, a league spokesman confirms.

he tweeted; "wish they had warned me the other 16 games I wore the hat"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Goodell a money hungry leech

I don't like how the NFL is fining guys for on ticky-tack on-field infractions like that...or for minor illegal plays.  It's bad enough the players can barely walk or remember their name when they hang up the cleats.  Now the NFL has to go after a portion of their game check for BS stuff like that?  

I don't know how or why the excessive fines weren't legislated out of the new CBA.  Pretty soon, we'll see them fined for false starts (Matt Light is not going to be pleased with that!  He's good for one per game) and neutral zone infractions.

I understand fining guys for terrible penalties...like Suh stomping on a guy or any number of James Harrison's hits on opposing players after being warned and fined multiple times... I get that...it makes sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

he tweeted; "wish they had warned me the other 16 games I wore the hat"

Yeah, next week he'll get another fine for the $160,000 they apparently missed fining him

What the F is up with Goodell and this league?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell a money hungry leech:
    [QUOTE]he tweeted; "wish they had warned me the other 16 games I wore the hat" Yeah, next week he'll get another fine for the $160,000 they apparently missed fining him What the F is up with Goodell and this league?
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

Yup!  He's sucking the life out of the game and the players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I think the majority of these fines are ridiculous but I wouldn't exactly call him a money hungry leech.  It's not like he gets to keep the fine money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]I think the majority of these fines are ridiculous but I wouldn't exactly call him a money hungry leech.  It's not like he gets to keep the fine money.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

How do you know?
    They say it goes to charities but I've never seen any proof of that.
    Has anyone?
    If so, how much is kept for administrative fees?  wink, wink
    Besides, I think WW and others do enough for charities without a ridiculous cut in pay, for wearing a hat or making a snow angel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

It's really not that complicated. Reebok paid millions of dollars for the exculusive rights to have their brand visible on game days. That deal is 10yrs old, the contract expires this year and Nike has the rights starting next season. A portion of those profits goes to the NFLPA and player's pensions.

So if Wes has an issue it's with his union, not the Commish. But it's not a new rule.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell a money hungry leech : How do you know? They say it goes to charities but I've never seen any proof of that. Has anyone? If so, how much is kept for administrative fees?  wink, wink Besides, I think WW and others do enough for charities without a ridiculous cut in pay, for wearing a hat or making a snow angel.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

See pezz, this was my first take.  Is there such a thing as investigative journalism any longer, or...?  I'd like to know the specific charities, and IF and how these charities are chosen, and subsequently any & all NFL FO-Charitable FO specific person/persons which may or may not have any sorta interconnected link somehow, and finally The COMPLETE details about whether or not & precisely how, that fined player $ goes to the charity (time-frame, to the charity, or to the league, and then at season's end-TO the charity?).

Anyway ya cut it though, gross fines for this rule-breaking & of this amount (and I don't give a cr#p how much player's make)-ARE unbelievable. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

You're right.  I really don't know.

Let's demand an audit of the NFL commisioner's office!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The league has a point in this case. Welker is using NFL exposure time to promote a personal financial interest. They are within their rights and probably have been tolerant to this point.

Ironically, the brand he wore probably got $10k worth of more exposure by the NFL making a fuss about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Didn't the NFL and Players Union just ratify a new 10 year agreement??  If the players had a problem with these fines (which have been in place for some time), then would have been a perfect time to do something about it.

Sections
Shortcuts