Goodell Continues His Assault On Pro Football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

Re: Goodell Continues His Assault On Pro Football

In Response to Re: Goodell Continues His Assault On Pro Football:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell Continues His Assault On Pro Football : Well, Neali, let's see how far YOU get at Cabrini Green.   A true whack job thinks blacks respect someone like you more than someone such as myself.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Oh, you know Chicago? Me too. Lived there for three years. I used to go to the south side for the music. (I was in my twenties and brave) It was a little scary but never had a problem. Inside the clubs, it was understood that everyone was there for the music.

You are such a weird dude. I am tired of you. Feel free to have the last word.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Goodell Continues His Assault On Pro Football:
    [QUOTE]     This guy has got to go. From his: 1.) grandstanding for the press to help turn a mole hill into a mountain on "Spygate"; 2.) to allowing political correctness to seep into pro football via hiss support for complete and unfettered access to male locker rooms by female reporters, 3.) through establishing breast cancer awareness week (now extended to a full  month), during the season 4.) and by mandating that players wear pink for a full month; 5.) via his support for over-officiating on passing plays; 6.) to his proposal for an 18 game schedule, which would water down the NFL season, and shorten player careers;   7.) to his ambiguous micro-managing regarding QB and WR hits, 8.) to this...his latest idea to "enhance player safety"...widening the field of play: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/17/league-may-consider-widening-field-to-enhance-safety/ ...it's only a matter of time before the NFL is declared to be too barbaric, leading to the banning of tackling altogether...and having the NFL replaced by the NFFL (National Flag Football League).   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Breast cancer awareness?  Sheet man as it is 10 times the funding goes to Breast cancer as goes to prostate cancer (a mens disease) yet prostate cancer is far more deadly for men than breast cancer is for women.  I get that the NFL wants more women viewers and all, but let's give our anusus equal funding on the cancer front ok? 

This guy must go.  No question. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]Spoken like a true man.  You obviously know nothing about cancer.

You are proving more and more that I know about you.  Thus I know about cancer.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]Spoken like a true man.  You obviously know nothing about cancer.

Prostate cancer:

• 203,415 men developed prostate cancer last year.
    • 28,372 men died from prostate cancer last year.

Breast cancer:

• 191,410 women were diagnosed with breast cancer last year.*†
    • 20,820 women died from breast cancer last year.*†

10 times the money is spent on Breast cancer research in this country.  Why?

As for crusty nipples it is not a symptom of breast cancer 1966. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell Continues His Assault On Pro Football : I'm sure you do. My wife has a friend that has breast cancer, which started out looking like "eczema" on her nipples.  That is how her doctor diagnosed it: eczema.  The cancer has now gone to her brain, the bones in her back and other organs. The earlier men and women are aware of breast cancer possibilities, the better the prognosis.  I applaud the NFL for bringing it to men's attentions as well as women. I'm embarassed of men that must make light of it.

I am all for "breast awareness".  No question there.  I am almost always aware of breasts in my vicinity.  Nice breasts I become aware of at about 100 yards.  I don't have any problems at all with cancer research, but I do feel that it should not be breast specific.  In my view more men die of cancer than women.  We should be doing basic research for all types of cancer and the funding should be spread around equally.  The NFL wants to sell more womens jerseys and the advertisers want more women watching the commericials.  Let's not confuse marketing with philanthropy.

Don't you really mean that your les-bo life partner has a friend with crusty nipples?  Seriously man/woman whatever.  Breast cancer does not present itself as anything that remotely resembles eczema.  I think you just talk out of your anal-eyes. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

If Goodell is trying to attract female fans, he is wasting his time. My girfriend, like most women, has no interest in football. It's not even a violence issue. The game is just boring to her.

I'm not going to get her to watch the Pats anymore than she's going to get me to watch Dancing With the Stars or figure skating. It's nice to know, that even in 2010, there are still a few things left that are nostly gender specific.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell Continues His Assault On Pro Football : 1.  How many breast cancers turn into other cancers? 

Answer: None

Breast cancer cells can't turn into other types of cancers. It is biologically impossible. It will metastasize to other organs, but it is still breast cancer.

The same for Prostate Cancer. It is an extremely painful disease to die from once it starts to metastasize to the bones.

I'm not downplaying Breast Cancer, it is something you don't want to get (males can get it too), but this was a marketing move by the NFL to attract a larger consumer base. Nothing wrong with that, but it clearly was a calculated marketing move.

Maybe the NFL should have "Lung Cancer Awareness Month" It is far deadlier than Breast and Prostate Cancer combined.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

[QUOTE]If Goodell is trying to attract female fans, he is wasting his time. 
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

Very true. There is a certain segment of the female population that likes football, and they like it the way it has always been played. Most females have no interest in the game, and no matter how whimpy Roger Good-for-Nothing makes it, they still will not be interested. Going after the Eurotrash population is a waste of time too. The only thing he is going to accomplish is to alienate the real fans of the sport without gaining any new ones. Hopefully, this clown keeps ticking off the Rooneys and gets his as$ canned in the process.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell Continues His Assault On Pro Football : Reading what you say is also a waste of time.

LOL.

Not only did I get you to read it, but you even quoted it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

HEY! Here's an idea!!!!

Why the hell doesn't the NFL do somethign creative, like, maybe, perhaps,

PLAY THE DAMN GAME!

If ANYONE needs to be made "aware" of such things like: breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, influenza, AIDS, STD's, coming inside out of a rain and lightning storm, or breathing, then they need more help than the NFL or ANY possible PSA can provide.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts