Goodell fined $560,000

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Goodell fined $560,000

or maybe he should be--

NFL Players Association accused of trying to collude with NFL

Story Highlights

NFLPA confirms it is under a federal investigation because of collusion allegations

Former union employee claims evidence of secret meetings with NFL commissioner

Ex-NFLPA president Troy Vincent allegedly provided league with confidential info

Decrease font Decrease font
    Enlarge font Enlarge font

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL Players Association has confirmed it is the target of a federal investigation into whether union leaders attempted to collude with NFL officials by holding a secret meeting to discuss labor talks.

NFLPA official George Atallah said Tuesday the union has been cooperating with the Department of Labor probe, which came to light in a lawsuit filed against the union last week by NFLPA employee Mary Moran. Moran claims she was wrongfully removed from her job and placed on administrative leave with pay on Aug. 3.

Moran says she provided investigators evidence that former NFLPA president Troy Vincent met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, allegedly to provide the league access to confidential union information.

The lawsuit was first reported by SportsBusiness Journal.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/01/nflpa.collusion.ap/index.html#ixzz0PtiwuZOW

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

Re: Goodell fined $560,000

In Response to Goodell fined $560,000:
    or maybe he should be-- NFL Players Association accused of trying to collude with NFL Story Highlights NFLPA confirms it is under a federal investigation because of collusion allegations Former union employee claims evidence of secret meetings with NFL commissioner Ex-NFLPA president Troy Vincent allegedly provided league with confidential info PRINT EMAIL Buzz up! FACEBOOK DIGG TWITTER RSS SHARE NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL Players Association has confirmed it is the target of a federal investigation into whether union leaders attempted to collude with NFL officials by holding a secret meeting to discuss labor talks. NFLPA official George Atallah said Tuesday the union has been cooperating with the Department of Labor probe, which came to light in a lawsuit filed against the union last week by NFLPA employee Mary Moran. Moran claims she was wrongfully removed from her job and placed on administrative leave with pay on Aug. 3. Moran says she provided investigators evidence that former NFLPA president Troy Vincent met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, allegedly to provide the league access to confidential union information. The lawsuit was first reported by SportsBusiness Journal . Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/01/nflpa.collusion.ap/index.html#ixzz0PtiwuZOW
    Posted by NEGAME

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

For those of you who thought he was the good trusting commish with integrity(underdogg) now you can get your head out of the horses bumm and see the ny agenda driven machine in action.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I can hear Kraft thinking" now I can get rid of this SOB!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

looks like goodell was caught fixing a dog fight. maybe vick could help him with his travel plans. bye rog.

(just another preacher caught with his pants down)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

The FEDS investigating?? Yikes!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

oops it's only $500,000 half a mil, 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefebvre33. Show Lefebvre33's posts

Looks like NEGAME has been hitting the bottle a little early this evening

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I think you fellas need to rethink your position about who has their head up a horses a*s, or have the Kennedys and the union loving liberal northeast finally brainwashed you into believing that Goodell is somehow in the moral wrong for this? 

Goodell represents the owners.  Here is where you may need some deprogramming.  Do you believe that the owners want a union?  Generally this is a rhetorical question, but clearly you guys have a mental block here.  The answer is no.  No.  No.  The owners don't want a union. 

The union, however, exists, and the commissioner and the NFL must deal with it.  But that does not mean that the commissioner and the owners will not do whatever they can to improve their position at the bargaining table including meeting anyone (including Troy Vincent) whether publicly, privately or secretively.  

So, if Troy Vincent wants to discuss the NFLPA with the Commissioner secretively, guess who is going to be at that meeting?  The Commissioner.  The issue that exists here is an NFLPA issue not an NFL Commissioner issue. 

That anyone here (and I heard an idiot on Sirius this morning trying to play this up) is trying to use this suit as an example that the commissioner is somehow in the wrong over this is either a) brainwashed or b) not smart enough to understand (or maybe both) and still has a jones for the commissioner because of his punishment of the Belichick and the org for their abusive and previously warned of indiscretions.  

Get over it my friends.  The stain is there.  It will fade but it won't go away.  Belichick was warned to stop and didn't.  Everything he got was deserved.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Simple question to a long winded post-- Dog why are the Feds involved??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Question to a question - Does it matter whether the feds are involved as it relates to Goodell?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

The most scary words in the world...
    Don't worry. we are the Federal Governewment and were here to help

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Answer to my question - no.  The feds are involved (as I understand it) because this is a labor issue and some executives with the NFLPA could be charged with colluding with the NFL at the expense of it membership. 

The issue is with the NFLPA not the NFL.  Goodell has both clean hands and a keen mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Get rid of him are you serious?  If it wasn't for Goodell and his "sweep it under the rug" handling of spygate Belicheat would be out of the league for good.  You should be glad Kraft and Goodell are secret lovers. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell fined $560,000:
    Answer to my question - no.  The feds are involved (as I understand it) because this is a labor issue and some executives with the NFLPA could be charged with colluding with the NFL at the expense of it membership.  The issue is with the NFLPA not the NFL.  Goodell has both clean hands and a keen mind.
    Posted by underdogg

Doesn't collusion require two (or more) parties and aren't they usually in secret meetings?  Wasn't Goodell the second party?  How is he not involved?
    Please explain.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Per PFT - If Goodell has an issue it is the possibility of talking to an unauthorized representative.  So I guess the first question would be is there a list of authorized representatives that are allowed to talk with the commissioner? 

Additionally, does anyone have any information about what was discussed in this meeting? 

According to Sirius this morning, Goodell has an open door policy with players.  Does every player that wants to talk with Goodell have to get permission from the NFLPA? 

Does the NFL have a responsibility to not discuss NFLPA issues unless approved by someone? 

I understand the point about collusion, but isn't the NFL always the contractual adversary of the NFLPA?  Wouldn't their goal always be to get the most for its owners at the expense of the players?  If so, can the NFL really collude against the players?  If not, I guess my previous post would be incorrect which means that some of the media reports are incorrect. 

Does the lady who filed suit against the NFLPA and also accused the NFL and Vincent of this have an axe to grind with the NFLPA?  Yes. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Get over it my friends.  The stain is there.  It will fade but it won't go away.  Belichick was warned to stop and didn't.  Everything he got was deserved.
    Posted by underdogg

That was never the issue. The issue was that many teams were doing the same thing & weren't punished for it. Hell, the Jets were doing the same thing in the same game, the previous game, & had the balls to do it in the next game. Goodell just picked the most high profile organization & coach, & then reneged on his word to punish everyone equally. This isn't the kind of person you want running a professional league. I don't know where you were during all of this, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but he's definitely given NY teams preferential treatment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Passed - can you provide some source for the information you have, because your information is new to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

I can hear Kraft thinking" now I can get rid of this SOB!!!!!
    Posted by NEGAME

Hey GAMER! did you see the the photo of #2 QB Walter on the Globe Blogs today???? My wife thinks he is as good looking, maybe even better looking than TFB.  What do you think? Didn't you mention a few weeks ago that you might post up another photo for all of your fans on the board???????????????????????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Per PFT - If Goodell has an issue it is the possibility of talking to an unauthorized representative.  So I guess the first question would be is there a list of authorized representatives that are allowed to talk with the commissioner?  Additionally, does anyone have any information about what was discussed in this meeting?  According to Sirius this morning, Goodell has an open door policy with players.  Does every player that wants to talk with Goodell have to get permission from the NFLPA?  Does the NFL have a responsibility to not discuss NFLPA issues unless approved by someone?  I understand the point about collusion, but isn't the NFL always the contractual adversary of the NFLPA?  Wouldn't their goal always be to get the most for its owners at the expense of the players?  If so, can the NFL really collude against the players?  If not, I guess my previous post would be incorrect which means that some of the media reports are incorrect.  Does the lady who filed suit against the NFLPA and also accused the NFL and Vincent of this have an axe to grind with the NFLPA?  Yes. 
    Posted by underdogg

The phrase "authorized representative" should be your first hint as to whether there are certain reps they can speak to.  Correct?
    Sensitive union materials were supposedly discussed although we do not know exactly what was discussed.
    NFLPA reps would need permission to speak of Union matters, Yes.  Open door policy?  Irrelevant!
    Yes the Nfl could collude against it's players especially if Union Reps are acting in bad faith and dispensing sensitive material.  They could easily state that the players are willing to settle for this or that which would give the NFL an unfair advantage on the bargaining table.
    The lady has an axe to grind because AFTER she blew the whistle, she was suspended.  This is also illegal in addition to the collusion if true and a good reason for the feds to be involved.  It may very well open up a bigger can of worms.  The Lady is a Daughter of a Virginia state rep. who after naming names, times, and places seems credible.
    If this is true, it could mean big dodo for Goodell.
    No wonder Kraft doesn't want to make any big moves as apparently this has been going on since at least march.  Uncertainty at it's best!
    Oh, and btw Goodell, give Vince his fines back so he can eat!  Just had to throw that in.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Passed - can you provide some source for the information you have, because your information is new to me.
    Posted by underdogg

Under, There was a thread about this at the time of the incident. There were videos all over Youtube showing the 3 Jet games & asking who the guy was with the video camera on the Jets sideline. It was determined that it was the same guy, it was obvious even in SD (non-HD) brodcasts, & he was doing exactly what the Patriots were accused of doing. I was wrong about the order of the games, but right about the amount. The Baltimore game was the following week, a couple of days after Goodell's decision. The Miami game was the week after that. When people started questioning the Jets use of the camera man for 3 weeks, in the same position as the Patriots cameraman, he suddenly disappears. Goodell wouldn't even address the situation when asked about it. There was obvious favoritsm being shown the Jets, when in fact he should have come down harder on them for doing the exact same thing they called the Patriots out for.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell fined $560,000 : Hey GAMER! did you see the the photo of #2 QB Walter on the Globe Blogs today???? My wife thinks he is as good looking, maybe even better looking than TFB.  What do you think? Didn't you mention a few weeks ago that you might post up another photo for all of your fans on the board???????????????????????
    Posted by bradleyBliss

Hey Blissman NO, NO, NO TB is the BEST looking man on the face of the earth!!!

Photo  maybe!

Sections
Shortcuts