Goodell is really naive!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Re: Goodell is really naive!

Yeah, Goodell, the commish of the most powerful sports league in the world is naive and all the people on the a message board are brilliant.  That makes sense.

Goodell likely let this go and didn't bring it back up b/c it is horrible press for the league.  Having a 3 time Super Bowl champion coach/team being implicated for cheating is not something that the league really wants to keep in the headlines.  I don't think David Stern goes out of his way to mention Tim Donaghy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Here is what this whole, sad, episode comes down to:

The league caught the Patriots FILMING from an ILLEGAL location.  The league could not show or prove the film had any legitimate use in game planning or having aided the Patriots in winning games.  So, to stave off the detractors, like the UD6's of the world who believe the Pats cheated with film, they destroyed all the tapes.  The Pats have since destroyed many teams along the way and shoving it in everyone's faces going 18 - 0 in the same season before the SB loss.  ( one would think of ALL games to lose, if the Pats were cheating, they'd lose the SB after going 18 - 0??!! )  This episode is nothing but an excuse machine for fans who do not like the Patriots as we continue to see the "cheating" word thrown about almost 4 years later! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Goodell is really naive!:
    His statement about BB back in 2007 suggest he really does not understand the media at all. If you read the excerpt from the article he was upset that BB did not talk to the media after the fact and explain his side of the story. BB rightly so, issued a statement publically taking full responsibility for the incident. What good would it have done to try to explain to the media what happen. They would have just twisted his words to fit what ever agenda they wanted. Remember he had a football team to coach and that team had to get ready to play every week and he certainy did not want the distraction from this to go on and on. He learned very quickly when he was the coach in Cleveland never to trust the media, as they will skin you alive.  Goodell didn't make friends in New England in 2007 when he fined Patriots coach Bill Belichick $500,000 and the team $250,000 and docked the Pats a first-round draft pick for secretly videotaping an opposing team's coaching signals. Owner Robert Kraft thought the penalty too severe. Goodell told Kraft that, as part of the disciplinary action, Belichick would have to make a verbal apology in front of the press that week. Instead the coach issued a printed statement and refused to answer any questions on the topic. "I was given assurances that [Belichick] would tell his side of the story," Goodell says. "He went out and stonewalled the press. I feel like I was deceived." Belichick responds, "I did not make any assurances about thoroughly discussing the subject publicly. I said I would address it following the league's review. I then did that in a way I thought was appropriate. I don't think that was deceptive."
    Posted by fourjays30

Goodell isn't "naive", as some have previously thought. His latest criticism of BB showed that he was clearly biased against Belicheck and the Pats, when he imposed an unprecedented fine on BB and the team...and docked them a first round pick. 

Bob Kraft, BB, and Patriots' Nation should never forget what Goodell did to injure the franchise. Should an opportunity come up where Kraft has a chance to convince the other owners to can Goodell, he should jump on it with both feet. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The other question that Goodell never answered was, why if what NE or any team was doing on the road, was truly considered "illegal", how come any NFL personnel employee allowed it to happen?

How could someone stand there on a sideline with a camcorder for years and years if this was so illegal?

If there was a concern, why weren't the home team's tapes (at least) screened before being handed back to the team?

Remember, it's LEGAL to film.

Again, it never was considered illegal before NE started winning. This is the key to the whole witch hunt.

Any team's video coordinator who accompanies the team on the road, who wasn't granted a spot before the game started, would have been somewhere on the sideline.

Sorry, but I am not buying that this was only something NE did on the road.  Coaches keep portfolios on other teams. BB said this and he acknowledged it just would be a matter of if he wanted to scout a particular team for the future.

Doesn't this tell us this?:

1.  It's not illegal unless the tape is taken out of the camera.
    2.  The tape is used up against the game that day.  In other words, this is why they specifiy the legal still Polaroids, etc, both sidelines have access to. 
    3.  The NFL never checked any NFL team's tapes after the game was over.

You'd have to be inbred via both parents to believe no NFL team, filming legally during an NFL game, never had a camera on the opponent's sideline.  Even by mistake, at some point, a camera will pan over and have coaches motioning.

I always felt the Walsh tapes actually exposed the witch hunt more so than supported it.

Every Walsh tape from the road, except for ONE (2001 AFC Title game in Pitt),  was from the sidelines.  In fact, one of the films from SD in the Fall of 2002 shows Walsh standing near the corner of the sideline. 

My question there is, who cares?

Why did Pitt grant NE a specified stadium position across from their own bench if the camera was dead on their sideline?

Because, technically, they are supposed to.

Summary:

Anyone with a brain who reads the rules can see that the rule is centered around the filming captured during a game in action, are not allowed to be used up against game action that day.

That's why the locations are specified and why the rule specifically says "during the playing of the game".

"THE" game, hinting at the game THAT DAY.

It's apparent every NFL team could film whatever they wanted during a game as part of a scouting portfolio and when teams complained about NE doing well, putting up great seasons, winning 3/4 SBs, trading for Moss and Welker, still winning, etc, that 2006 memorandum was really nothing more than a poor, shotgun management approach.

Clearly, one team or more complained that NE wasn't following this rule specifically, teams probably whispered about it and then the Jets saw themselves as the pied pipers of the movement to try to continue to smear.  It c
    ouldn't be anymore obvious.

If one of more teams are violating something that had not been enforced when it should have been, why would any team think they are doing something wrong?

They wouldn't.

I agree with BB when he said he obviously should have checked after that memo came out, but with the Jets not being reprimanded by the league just 6 months earlier in Foxborough, why would anyone think it's "illegal", including NE?

In fact, the fact the NFL followed Goodell's memo in 2006 and shut down the Jets in the playoff game in January 2007, without anyone knowing it, no media coverage of it, shows that was the protocol.  YOur video guy apparently gets shut down and is asked to move to a home team location. 

Could it be the Jets were told to shut down or move that day and then thought if NE did it at their stadium in NY they could use it to make a scene?

Hmm.

It just makes way too much sense when you look at the rule, when the memo came out, the original rumors of the media saying "NE takes this into the locker room to make adjustments", etc.

This was all an obvious attempt to set NE up.  It all happened like clockwork.

One guy I would love to hear interviewed on this is Paul Tagliabue. I find it very coincidental that the year after he transfers power over to Goodell, this is deemed "illegal".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell is really naive!:
    In Response to Re: Goodell is really naive! : There are very few constants left in the world that can be depended on but you being a needle dicked turd is one of them.
    Posted by Evil2010

Hey Evil!

EXCELLENT POST !!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I don't have to guarantee anything. The reality is, the player went out of bounds and he and Wendell made contact inside the sub box. Like I said, this probably happens once a game during NFL games every week. Carolina also was involved in a play like this, which was far more egregious and was not fined, likely because the players were ACTIVE and sub players. Hence, no fine for Carolina. The Jets, as usual, took something to another level because they are completely obnoxious, arrogant and desperate. You're just an idiot who hasn't come to terms with it yet. Good luck.
    Posted by BBReigns

What a ridiculous statement. 

First of all, the player in question (Wendell you say) actually stepped into the player intentionally to hit him.  Its indisputable per the video.  Further, Wendell to do so had to step into the white painted area which is off limits to all players and coaches on the sideline per the NFL statement I posted earlier. 

Second, Wendell was not a sub or going in on the immediate play as the rule notes.  Wendell did not even play in the game.  Thus, there was only one purpose for him to be there and that is as a "piece of the wall". 

Who does it, is meaningless to the infraction.  That it was done, that it was intentional, that the individual involved had to make a concerted effort to impede the player all are exactly the same in both the case of the Jets and the Pats. 

Ultimately, the point is that there is an invalid perception on this board that the world and Goodell have it in for the New England Patriots.  The fact that the pats were not punished for this infraction that was publicized within 30 days of another team being punished for it demonstrates that there is no real bias against the pats. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell is really naive! : The truth is that crowding the line is probably something every team does or   gunners would routinely take advantage of the fact that they have free reign to operate in enemy territory.  It only became an issue when an idiot Jets coach chose to trip a player.  And the first thing the Jets do is call out NE and scapegoat the idiot coach.  Admit it, you know every other team pushes the letter of the law but they don't get called out because they don't trip the gunner.  After the fact all of the trolls and homers from every other NFL team call for the Pats to get fined without admitting that they would expect their team to "toe the line" or call them negligent in doing everything they could to win short of cheating.     People routinely drive faster than the speed limit.  This situation is akin to a speeder getting caught while going 100 mph and then saying "but the guy in the car with Massachusetts plates was speeding too" when in reality that guy was going 66 mph in a 65 zone.  The most egregious offense gets caught, and everyone else skates.  Same deal here.  It was an accepted or overlooked practice till the idiot Jets coach made a blatant attempt to hurt an opposing team's player.  And then the ST coach says "the Pats do it too".  Pathetic. So that's why the Pats or anyone else weren't punished, not that Goodell wouldn't have liked to stick it to NE if he had a leg to stand on.       
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

What a typical response - "everyone does it".  really?  prove it.  This is the same response that came from spygate.  Quit, trying to minimize the fact that the pats are happily willing to operate outside the rules when and where they can in order to gain an advantage. 

Their rule is:  If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin, and it all comes from Belichick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

False.

Wendell is a back up Guard and has played this past year, plenty.  As long as active players are behind the line, they are within their right as a player on their own sideline.

What the Jets coach and Inactives did is clearly different.

You just continue to be stupid, pretending each example is one and the same.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell is really naive! : What a typical response - "everyone does it".  really?  prove it.  This is the same response that came from spygate.  Quit, trying to minimize the fact that the pats are happily willing to operate outside the rules when and where they can in order to gain an advantage.  Their rule is:  If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin, and it all comes from Belichick.
    Posted by UD6

Goodell said other teams were in violation, too. That's the proof.  So, why weren't they fined and docked?

WHy pick and choose where to apply punishements?

You'll dodge these questions, too.  You're such a turd.

Every time you ask for proof and facts, or are asked a direction question, you run away like a little girl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Do you just make sh*t up in order to continue an argument? 

Tell you what, skippy (you like that name), go to the pats website and see whether or not Wendell played in the game at the Jets this year?

Now read this again:  NFL statement:  only coaches and a small amount of situation substitution players immediately ready to be sent into the game are allowed within the "second border".

Wendell did not play in that game, wasn't going in after the punt, and thus had no business being where he was on the sidelines per the rule. 

So why was he there?  Logically, because he was instructed to be a part of a wall of players being used to impede the progress of the gunner should the gunner go out of bounds.  Since the gunner did not go far enough out of bounds, Wendell (either of his own volition or per instruction) stepped into the painted sideline area (off limits to all players not in the game) to hit/trip the gunner. 

The act is no different than what the jets did, and I'll finish with this.  There are some on this board who could care less about the wall.  All, however, were in agreement that alosi should have been punished because he could have seriously hurt the gunner by sticking his leg out.  The patriot player committed the same intentional act, yet no punishment.  

Maybe I am wrong about the NFL and Bias regarding the pats.  Maybe the NFL actually is biased in favor of the pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

My question to Goodell, if I had the chance to ask him one question, would be:

Say that next Sunday in Dallas, either Green Bay or Pittsburgh has a guy either on the sidelines, in the coaches box, or in the press box, and that guy has a pair of binoculars glued to his face, and said binoculars are trained squarely on the coaches on the opponent's sidelines. Then say that this same guy is then observed making cryptic notes with a pencil that read, "first and 10, 4:17 left, first quarter, ball on their 24...left palm to left cheek, two fingers on left hand brushed across chest, fist pump with right hand down by right hip--ball snapped, 4-man rush, 2-deep zone."

Now obviously, Mr. Commissioner, this guy isn't taking notes for a biology exam the following morning. He's clearly trying to decipher the opponent's signals to give his team an advantage during the playing of a game.

Given that we know from Matt Walsh's testimony that the Patriots most definitely were not using their tapes during the playing of the games on the day they were made, what, then, is the penalty that will be assessed to this theoretical Pittsburgh or Green Bay employee who was actually stealing signals for use during the playing of a game?

Does the NFL frown only on signal stealing with electronic equipment, or does it frown on all signal stealing (?), which we know still goes on every Sunday in every one of your stadiums, Mr. Commissioner.

Please elaborate and try not to make yourself look like too much of a foolish hypocrite (not that you haven't done that already).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell is really naive! : What a typical response - "everyone does it".  really?  prove it.  This is the same response that came from spygate.  Quit, trying to minimize the fact that the pats are happily willing to operate outside the rules when and where they can in order to gain an advantage.  Their rule is:  If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin, and it all comes from Belichick.
    Posted by UD6

Shouldn't you be on a Dolts Forum wondering who your QB will be next year and OL and things like that with other Dolt fans. Why are you here trolling on a Pats Forum anyway under roos

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Underdummy,

It doesn't matter if he played or not. He's the 1st reserve Guard BB would sub in for spot duty to spell Connolly.

If Connolly is used as a FB for example, Wendell is the RG.

You're an idiot.

It doesn;t matter if he played or not. That is where back ups or sub players are supposed to be, so coaches can quickly tell them to get on the field.

Only you would try to spin a back up or sub not playing being the same thing as as an INACTIVE player.

My good god almighty are you a little whiny girl.

Get a brain.

He also absolutely did not stick his leg out. He stood behind the line and never maneuvered any part of his body outside of the box.

This is also what happened on the Panthers sideline.  This sort of contact on the sidlelines happens all the time.

What does not happen is what Alosi and the INACTIVE players did.  FACT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Just as a quick addendum:

I love when Underpants is backed into a corner with facts exposing his ridiculous statements as he claims people "make sh*t up".

It's like clock work.

Ex: Underoos asks for proof. We give it, and he quickly backpedals like a little pansy.

So predictable. He never does his homework or purposely leaves out information.

Then, when he exposed his anger replaces his arrogance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Do you just make sh*t up in order to continue an argument?  Tell you what, skippy (you like that name), go to the pats website and see whether or not Wendell played in the game at the Jets this year? Now read this again:  NFL statement:  only coaches and a small amount of situation substitution players immediately ready to be sent into the game are allowed within the "second border". Wendell did not play in that game, wasn't going in after the punt, and thus had no business being where he was on the sidelines per the rule.  So why was he there?  Logically, because he was instructed to be a part of a wall of players being used to impede the progress of the gunner should the gunner go out of bounds.  Since the gunner did not go far enough out of bounds, Wendell (either of his own volition or per instruction) stepped into the painted sideline area (off limits to all players not in the game) to hit/trip the gunner.  The act is no different than what the jets did, and I'll finish with this.  There are some on this board who could care less about the wall.  All, however, were in agreement that alosi should have been punished because he could have seriously hurt the gunner by sticking his leg out.  The patriot player committed the same intentional act, yet no punishment.   Maybe I am wrong about the NFL and Bias regarding the pats.  Maybe the NFL actually is biased in favor of the pats.
    Posted by UD6

Have you ever considered getting a job instead of posting here all day from the public library?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

The Jets window is closing quickly as there will be a hard cap next year. The Jets will not be able to keep that team together , no way. The Patriots have been great at planning for the changes in the CBA. Goodell is so in the pockets of the Jets it isn't funny. He know's they blew the big chance for the next 5 yrs. atleast! The Pats are reloading and building a championship team on the fly. Short of something happening to Mr. MVP Tom Brady , the Pats will contend for the Super Bowl every year till he retires. The Jets can forget it. The Pats loss in the playoffs was a momentary setback in the bigger picture. The Jets are toast! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell is really naive! : Have you ever considered getting a job instead of posting here all day from the public library?
    Posted by Evil2010

Right, won't any of the other Dolt fans play with you. Or have they all put you on ignore and won't let you play in any reindeer games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

BBreigns...   your long post hits the nail on the head as it was a witch hunt.

Given the complexity of an NFL game in which team's change signals season to season, game to game, let alone their rosters being revamped, plus how players react to the action of a play, for ANYONE to believe a team can cheat so often as to impact a game is ludicrous. In each game we have seen plays in which the announcer would proclaim.  " the defense seemed to know the play was coming", yet, do we hear a subsequent comment the team may have cheated to know that?  Of course not as it was a good guess that worked!  It is called game PREPARATION and making a good observation.  It will be a long time before folks like UD6 and their types get past this episode and see it for what it is..   a jealousy driven attempt to discredit an organization to the delight of fans outside of NE.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It just makes no sense.  NE said, without any deceit or intent, that they took their video coordinator on the road as well.

Since the home team has to allow the road team to film, how did the NFL not see NE's or ANY teams' camerman in an "illegal" sideline location?

How is this possible? Broad daylight, mere feet away from NFL security and personnel officials? 

Some of us were born at night, but not last night.

Even the photo of the Jets guy on the sideline with the camera in Sept of 2007. How do we even know what is on that tape?  We don't.

There was no process in place to defend against what they now say is an issue (filming the game).  So, we are supposed to believe no home teams didn't have a zoom lense our own sideline when our team was on the road?

The focus was to make sure no one took the tapes out of the camera.   Then, the focus all of a sudden was "who cares if they don't take it out or we can't prove it, let's pretend where he is standing and the fact they are scouting for future games is the violation". 

If the location is the issue, why is he allowed there with a camera?

Why is filming allowed at all if this is a concern?

Again, note how they specifiy what is allowed and what isn't. They don't want video technology used that day because it shows a fluid action.  The polaroid print outs are still shots.

This is why those are allowed and video isn't. We all should know this.  This is what the rule is set up to defend. Technology like video being applied to the game that day.

My theory is, teams probably didn't designate a spot for NE once they won a SB and became really good.

I'd bet money that BB was the coach who did this the most, because as we know he crosses all his Is and dots all his Ts. It's not surprising to me whatsoever, that a guy who is such a football nerd, would be this into his craft.

We heard some coaches say they didn't feel it was necessary and didn't bother with it much, if at all.

So, if that option is there and coaches didn't bother with it, this means it was allowed. Otherwise, why did we hear multiple former NFL coaches readily say this?

This would explain why in January 2002, Pitt knowingly gave Walsh a stadium perch right across from their bench.  Why would Pitt do that if they were concerned about being filmed?

So, this rule became a rule that could be interpreted as an attempt to block NE from scouting how they were used to scouting.

It's sort of  like the idea that teams raid the Pats coaching and scouting staffs every year.

Part of that was to get good people on their own staff as they tried to build a winner, but part of it was likely a subtle attempt to weaken whom many felt a team that was going to be unstoppable for years to come.

It's why Manboobs was hired.  NY knew if they took BB's first Def Coord. replacement from his side, it would weaken NE. Manboobs wasn't qualified.  We knew that then and now.

The bottom line is, teams like NE, Indy, Pitt, maybe Philly, etc, are teams that are 10+ win teams pretty much ever year.

Out of all these teams, the one that you'd expect to fall off the map first, is NE.

It hasn't happened. 

They have been beaten up pretty good with coaching staff turn over, a 1st rd draft pick taken away, scouts getting huge raises to go somewhere else and obviously many quality FAs leaving for more money even though they aren't as good as advertisted.

Teams are jealous even if they can't admit it.  I have never seen a wrath of jealousy like this in any sport.

The Yankees are arrogant, but there is no salary cap.

NE wins A TON in a salary cap league where each team fields 53 players.  Their success and continued success was supposed to have disappeared.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell is really naive! : There's no backpedal Rusty.  You are arguing an invalid point. 
    Posted by UD6

The difference between where subbed players are supposed to stand and Inactive Players and coaches sticking their legs out is "invalid"?

Do you know what the word "invalid" means, dumb-dumb?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

goodell is a simply a duush bag.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell is really naive! : STEPPED INTO INTO A PROHIBITED AREA...I AM NOT GOING TO ENGAGE IN THE PERSONAL ATTACKS, BUT IN THIS ARGUMENT. I can not help it if you are unwilling to accept the video evidence of the pats player's infraction even though it is as obvious as the sun in the sky.

RESPONSE: You "STEP INTO A PROHIBITED AREA" every time you post here. But, that never stopped you...you're still here. The question is, why? Judging from the content of your latest posts, the only thing that you're interested in accomplishing is to agitate...the very definition of a troll. 
         Why should Russ, or anyone else, accept video, or any other kind of alleged "evidence" from the likes of you? After all, you've been making asinine statements here, ever since you've began posting. When you're called on your foolish gibberish, you rarely if ever admit you're wrong, even in the face of overwhelming direct and circumstantial evidence.
         What difference does it make if a Pats' player committed or attempted to commit an infraction in the past? The bottom line is that the idiot Jets' coach actually tripped a player during a game...making his rule violation obvious for all too see, and creating a situation where the tripped player might have been seriously injured.  As a result, that idiot coach deserved to be punished. Because the Jets' were caught, should we now go back and examine every past NFL game to see whether other teams or players committed, or attempted to commit, similar violations? 

...I know nothing...but it has no bearing on this case. 

RESPONSE: Here...you and I are in complete agreement.  
    Posted by UD6

Finally troll...what say you about Peyton? Will he stay or will he go? Will he cause the Colts to take out a second mortgage on "The Luke", or will he force them to franchise him? If franchised, we both know that he's as good as gone...since several teams would happily fork over two #1 picks, and pay Peyton whatever he wants. As for matching any offer made, surely there'll be included in any Manning mega-deal a "poison pill" provision. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell is really naive! : STEPPED INTO INTO A PROHIBITED AREA...I AM NOT GOING TO ENGAGE IN THE PERSONAL ATTACKS, BUT IN THIS ARGUMENT. I can not help it if you are unwilling to accept the video evidence of the pats player's infraction even though it is as obvious as the sun in the sky.

RESPONSE: You "STEP INTO A PROHIBITED AREA" every time you post here. But, that never stopped you...you're still here. The question is, why? Judging from the content of your latest posts, the only thing that you're interested in accomplishing is to agitate...the very definition of a troll. 
         Why should Russ, or anyone else, accept video, or any other kind of alleged "evidence" from the likes of you? 
    TP - its fine if you don't want to accept it, but it doesn't change the truth.  The point of the discussion isn't even that the pats engaged in an act that this board went apoplectic when initially connected to the jets, its that this thread wants to once again suggest that Goodell is biased against and has it in for the pats.  I disagree.  That the pats weren't punished for their tripping act same as the Jets were shows that. 

After all, you've been making asinine statements here, ever since you've began posting. When you're called on your foolish gibberish, you rarely if ever admit you're wrong, even in the face of overwhelming direct and circumstantial evidence.
    Of course, I disagree.  I admit I am wrong frequently.  I don't think I am here.  
         What difference does it make if a Pats' player committed or attempted to commit an infraction in the past? The bottom line is that the idiot Jets' coach actually tripped a player during a game...making his rule violation obvious for all too see, and creating a situation where the tripped player might have been seriously injured.  As a result, that idiot coach deserved to be punished. Because the Jets' were caught, should we now go back and examine every past NFL game to see whether other teams or players committed, or attempted to commit, similar violations? 
    as I recall pats fans here (including you) have been so upset over the fact that no other team was punished for committing the same spygate acts.  Although we don't have evidence of other teams committing the same spygate infraction, we do with respect to the tripping incident.  Is it now that the shoe is on the other foot, you want different (selective) justice than you wanted for spygate?
    ...I know nothing...but it has no bearing on this case. 

RESPONSE: Here...you and I are in complete agreement.  
    Posted by UD6

Finally troll...what say you about Peyton? Will he stay or will he go? Will he cause the Colts to take out a second mortgage on "The Luke", or will he force them to franchise him? If franchised, we both know that he's as good as gone...since several teams would happily fork over two #1 picks, and pay Peyton whatever he wants. As for matching any offer made, surely there'll be included in any Manning mega-deal a "poison pill" provision. 
    I think, hope, Manning will stay.  If he gets the highest contract, I don't expect it to be much higher than Brady's, although I could certainly be wrong. 

The parties are currently working on a deal.  I don't think there is any expectation that he will be paid less than the highest in the league unless he accepts something less.  I know that the colts have asked him to consider taking less (or to structure it creatively) so that the colts can go after other players.  It will be interesting to see how Manning responds. 

The request puts Manning in a spot.  If he takes the "biggest money", he will be labeled (even locally, i think) as greedy even if he deserve the money.  If he gives in to the team's request, I think he becomes kind of a silent GM.  I doubt he will let the team "use his money" to sign players he doesn't think benefit the team. 

Finally, my point re: the tripping incident isn't to stick it to pats fans but to point out that the NFL and Goodell are not out to get the pats and belichick.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell is really naive! : I love when fans believe the commissioner is operating with bias.  Maybe for pats fans its your inherent "us against the world" mentality derived from Belichick's efforts/desire to turn the world against the pats.  Feel free to allow Goodell to fuel your hate if it supports your fantasy, but I really don't believe that Goodell is emotionally trying to stick it to your club, especially given his strong relationship with Kraft.   Here's an example, it's now been proven that NE built a wall for kick returns and actually impeded the progress of the opposition.  What punishment has been handed down to the Patriots for doing this?  
    Posted by UD6

"Here's an example, it's now been proven that NE built a wall for kick returns and actually impeded the progress of the opposition.  What punishment has been handed down to the Patriots for doing this?"

Link please.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

The whole flavor of the post certainly got twisted. The idea that Goodell thought BB would try to explain himself to the media is ludicrous on a couple of fronts. One that the media somehow would take his explination and put the matter to rest and second he should know BB history with the media and how they railroaded him in Cleveland. It seams to me he is learning the job as he goes along and he really does not have the experience or the expertise to be an effective comish with recent examples not withstanding. 

Sections
Shortcuts