Goodell is ruining this league!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Goodell is ruining this league!

Commissioner Roger Goodell is flat out ruining this league. What dose he want defenders to do? Play two hand touch?

To quote Troy Palamalo:
    "He's got all the power, and that may be part of the problem. There needs to be some type of separation of power, like our government," Polamalu said. "I don't think it should be based totally on what two or three people may say that are totally away from the game. It should be some of the players that are currently playing." "If people want to watch soccer, they can watch soccer. The people who are attracted to this game, they're going to see the big hits, they don't care about touchdowns," Polamalu said. "So you're also taking apart what attracts people to this game."

This is the politically correct league now. Goodell is trying to legislate violence out of the NFL. People don't have a problem with dirty hits but now any good legal hit is being fined!

The hit Pryor put on Farvre was flat out legal. I'll be real upset if Pryor ends up having to pay it! It's just wrong! I'm sick of Roger Goodell! He is the worst commissioner the league has ever had. NFL owners beware there will be a new league if this keeps up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Goodell is ruining this league!

The biggest problem I see with what is happening in the league now is that there is no clear definition of where the line is drawn. Fining Pryor for a textbook hit on Favre is essentially telling players "You may not touch any player on any part of his body with any part of your helmet at any time before, during or after the tackle." Taken to its extreme, what this will create is an arm-tackling league that will consist of nothing but little yellow flags and basketball scores.

I don't know about you guys, but I won't pay to watch that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Goodell is ruining this league!:
    [QUOTE]Commissioner Roger Goodell is flat out ruining this league. What dose he want defenders to do? Play two hand touch? To quote Troy Palamalo: "He's got all the power, and that may be part of the problem. There needs to be some type of separation of power, like our government," Polamalu said. "I don't think it should be based totally on what two or three people may say that are totally away from the game. It should be some of the players that are currently playing." "If people want to watch soccer, they can watch soccer. The people who are attracted to this game, they're going to see the big hits, they don't care about touchdowns," Polamalu said. "So you're also taking apart what attracts people to this game." This is the politically correct league now. Goodell is trying to legislate violence out of the NFL. People don't have a problem with dirty hits but now any good legal hit is being fined!   The hit Pryor put on Farvre was flat out legal. I'll be real upset if Pryor ends up having to pay it! It's just wrong! I'm sick of Roger Goodell! He is the worst commissioner the league has ever had. NFL owners beware there will be a new league if this keeps up.
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

Amen!! Jets Goodell has damaged the league with his overbearing, grandstanding acts...mostly to please the media. He has allowed NFL officiating to deteriorate to the point where it's now a joke, Aren't you-all sick and tired of watching WRs jump around after every incomplete pass, demanding that a flag be thrown? How many ticky-tac blocks to the back calls have destroyed one of the most exciting plays in every game...punt and kick-off returns? Does anybody know where a QB can now be hit without drawing a flag?

Next, there was spygate...a bogus NY media concocted conspiracy to destroy the Pats, which Goodell lent credence to by fining BB an unprecedented $500,000, fining the team $250,000, and stripping the Pats of a #1 draft choice. 

Then there is the expanding of the NFL draft from two days to fifty...or how ever long they drag it on now.

Next there was this breast cancer awareness nonsense, which was stretched out from one week to now the entire month of October. I mean, don't you just love watching NFL players running around in pink??

Now there's these ridiculous fines being handed out for "blows to the head"...which has seemingly been expanded to include any type of hard hit, or any type of hit in which another player gets injured...even in cases where the so-called illegal hit failed to draw a flag! Why hasn't Steeler James Harrison been suspended after being fined again...after his whopping $75,000 fine? Who makes that call? You guessed it...Jets Goodell. 

Ridiculous...just ask Troy Polamalu: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Troy-Polamalu-thinks-Roger-Goodell-has-too-much-?urn=nfl-282580   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Fining Pryor is ridiculous.  This was a good tackle.  Goodell is hitting the panic button like a monkey on this helmet business.  This is truly sad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

i want to know what the ex jets employee goodell is doing about the jets illegal practices in the offseason, if the pats were practicing in the offseason a fine and draft pick would have been already given/taken away from them and it would be on espn everyday, all day, and the cheating allegations would start to fly again. how many jets players or coaches have been fined for illegal hits this year? was that kid who hit a defensless welker fined? braylon edwards gets a dui and 2 other jets players were in the car with him and what happend? you guessed it, nothing. goodell is a joke and has his own agenda, bury the pats, run the league like hitler ran germany, and let the jets get away with everything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Goodell is creating a bargaining chip for the owners. If the players want more say in the fining process they will have to give something back. An 18 game schedule perhaps? Or maybe the owners get a greater percentage or total revenues. It's really pathetic and transparent if you ask me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Will teams have to start wearing flags around their waists according to team colors or should they all be PINK??!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Goodell is ruining this league!:
    [QUOTE]Commissioner Roger Goodell is flat out ruining this league. What dose he want defenders to do? Play two hand touch? To quote Troy Palamalo: "He's got all the power, and that may be part of the problem. There needs to be some type of separation of power, like our government," Polamalu said. "I don't think it should be based totally on what two or three people may say that are totally away from the game. It should be some of the players that are currently playing." "If people want to watch soccer, they can watch soccer. The people who are attracted to this game, they're going to see the big hits, they don't care about touchdowns," Polamalu said. "So you're also taking apart what attracts people to this game." This is the politically correct league now. Goodell is trying to legislate violence out of the NFL. People don't have a problem with dirty hits but now any good legal hit is being fined!   The hit Pryor put on Farvre was flat out legal. I'll be real upset if Pryor ends up having to pay it! It's just wrong! I'm sick of Roger Goodell! He is the worst commissioner the league has ever had. NFL owners beware there will be a new league if this keeps up.
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

This needs to be brought up in the new CBA, by the owners, NO ONE a@@ wipe should be making these calls, more like a panel

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Someone has to put this idiot in his place!!!! $7,500 for Pryor???? What a joke!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

Jimmy Dugan: Oh, you zip it, Doris! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

Soon NFL fans will be watching football as described below:

Jimmy Dugan: Oh, you zip it, Doris! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigsh&^. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?

Jimmy Dugan: Yeah! NO. And do you know why?

Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying!

Sections
Shortcuts