Goodell said WHAT?!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Goodell said WHAT?!?!?!

Awful human being. 

No.  Referring to him as "human" is too kind.

Awful former Jets' employee.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Though I'm really not sure why players wives would say that considering even the lowest paid player can afford private insurance, Goodell's comment was just as bad if not worse. Then again he is a lawyer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell said WHAT?!?!?!:
    [QUOTE]Though I'm really not sure why players wives would say that considering even the lowest paid player can afford private insurance, Goodell's comment was just as bad if not worse. Then again he is a lawyer
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

First, yes- Roger Goodell's a complete do#che bag, aryan nazi, sc#m-bag pr!ck of not just a worthless human, but really, an awful human being too...  Moving on... PatsEng is correct here too: Look I'M thinkin' about goin' to the food shelter in my town, and IF I even SEE Benjarvis Green Ellis there, because he's only made 200-300k for 3 years or so, and can't hold on and manage during this 1 lockout season, I'll be sorta ticked if he snags the last can of creamed corn that should be rightfully MY creamed corn. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

...unless your Antonio Cromartie.  Didn't I see a thread where he had something like 13 legitimate/illegitimate kids already from 6 or 7 girlfriends/wives, BEFORE he was on NY?!?  ...He might need to do a forced labor, and that can or two a' corn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Goodell said WHAT?!?!?!:
    [QUOTE]I just read this, maybe some have heard this before because it was said months ago, but it's the first I've heard of it ....In what may be the most unreal consequence of the players’ health insurance running out in the event of a lockout, there are pregnant players’ wives asking Fujita if they should induce labor before the lockout. When Goodell was given these concerns months ago by the players, his response was, “Well, you’ll want to get something done (in the CBA) then, won’t you?" I’m really surprised someone didn’t punch his lights out for that one.... Goodell is a real piece of work.
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

English is a funny language.  I think you meant "player's pregnant wives" and not "pregnant player's wives".  Those big bellies on some of the interior lineman are not what you think they are.  Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not to defend Goodell here, but say the owners are conceding massive healthcare and pension concessions, which is pretty much the main gripe of the union, why is 18 games such a huge deal?

I understand it's 2 more games, etc, but if they expand the rosters, I don't see this as a major, major deal.

Does Fujita know season ticket holders pay full price for both preseason games?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Well, you could look at this one of two ways, depending on if you are a lazy, money-for-nothing union guy or an evil corporate pirate. Sure . . .  Goodell looks like a prime douchenozzle for appearing indifferent to the potential plight of knocked up star-fuckers, but by the same token, the union using a naked emotional appeal through the media as a negotiating tactic is not exactly a "strictly business approach," now is it?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Hmm, didn't know ya could use star-f#ckers like that...lil' tidbit ta tuck away right there...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]Well, you could look at this one of two ways, depending on if you are a lazy, money-for-nothing union guy or an evil corporate pirate. Sure . . .  Goodell looks like a prime douchenozzle for appearing indifferent to the potential plight of knocked up star-fuckers, but by the same token, the union using a naked emotional appeal through the media as a negotiating tactic is not exactly a "strictly business approach," now is it?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

After reading the threads first couple of posts I felt compelled to respond. Then I got to yours, Mike. Now my response is simply: "What Mike said".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I guess Paul Tagliabue(who everyone complained about) doesn't look so bad now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

I am sorry but in the event this occured they would still have insurance this is a stupid post.... The union would fill the gap or they would be provided cobra as we all would under similar circumstances...

I'm willing to bet Goodell said this because the Fujita statement is SO stupid it warrants a DUMB answer.

Fujita makes 3.5 million a year if he does not protect his assets than he should induce his wife!

This just prooves how low the players will stoop to create leverage.

If the media thought this was harsh they would have taken it to CNN, CBS, FOX you name it all the networks would still be playing it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

there are 20 games now...so it wouldnt be two more games...it would be two games that count more.. 16/4 or 18/2

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

the commish is terrible, but dude they don't play 20 games now.  they play 17 and a half at least the starters do.  they don't play much in first or last preseason game ond only a half in the 2nd game and 3 quarters in the 3rd one.  If you take away 2 preseason games and make then regular season games its up to 18 games and then the players will play more in the 2 preseason games, because less games to prepare with.  as a fan i'm all for more games, I just don't want the product dilluted by injury.  Of course, that is so hard to predict so give me the games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

Yep ... What P-Mike said = brilliance .

Also -
     Hagen 910 echos my sentiments as well
    ( I want the 18 game schedule w/o noticable fall out  )

My guess is the players have figured out that it's a key bargaining chip so they've recently racheted up the noise against it .

I'm not predicting how long the impass will continue or even whether or not there'll be football in 2011 , but one things for sure ...

An 18 game NFL season is coming.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Goodell makes between $9 and $12 million per year.  And unlike the players, he can rake in that dough for decades.  Just sayin'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

For someone in his position, that is an unexcusable thing to say. I'm not sure what he is the Commish of? Who does he represent? The Players, Owners, or this thing called the NFL (which is a combination of everything), and he needs to understand this. The value of the NFL, the ratings, money the NFL rakes in is a direct result of everyone involved. When you seperate the players from the equation and single them out, your not doing the NFL or anyone else any favors both short or long term. He just doesn't get it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I want 18 games! I can't wait and fully support it. These players make waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much money as it is to play a game... I said it before and i'll say it again...in three years we won't even be talking about the 18 games, everyone will love it and there will be no turning back. Pats going 20-1 or 19-2 next year? What do you think?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

But, it's "for the children"! Management HAS to cave in for this point alone! It's good PR. They all deserve each other. 

I'm pragmatic, and look at this CBA stuff from both sides:

Players: They are very well paid and compensated for a potentially short career. Now, they get 60% of revenue from owners. Yet they want more concessions. Can't blame them; all they can do is ask, er, DEMAND.  They tend to forget that folks watched long before today's players were a wet spot in grandpa's shorts, and will probably do the same in the future, be it the NFL, UFL, or college. We saw "stars" before, and we'll see them again. They are relative to the times they play in. I'm sure in 35-50 years, those fans will insist that Danny Dazzling of the Las Vegas Tilts is the best QB of all time, his HC Rock Stallion is far and away the most brilliant genuius to ever cyber-stroll a sideline (that guy, Bill Belichick couldn't even carry his game controller), and that the game played in the early 2000's was soooo different that those players couldn't possibly play with Danny's group.

Owners: Even at 40%, they are making money off the players ability. They opened Pandora's Box loooong ago. Can't even try to close it now, even for a year. There's too much money at stake that will be lost. No one benefits. Owners will be perfectly willing to pay huge dollars for their established stars; it's the mid level and lower tier players that they worry about. (Signing big FA contracts is at their own risks.) That and all the other financial concessions made to this group, while the warriors of the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's are practically ignored. (Something NEEDS to be done to help those guys out, but no one wants to pony up the bucks to do it. Absolutely disgusting that the NFLPA has just about turned their back on their own.)

As I said, they all deserve each other.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Goodell makes between $9 and $12 million per year.  And unlike the players, he can rake in that dough for decades.  Just sayin'
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

And your point is?????

If the owners didn't want to pay him, there'd be a new commish. Same as players. If owners don't want to pay a player(s), they'll be replacement player(S). It's all relative.

All someone can do is ask for X $'s. If they are wanted, they'll get the dough.  Yes, it's that simple.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell said WHAT?!?!?! : And your point is????? If the owners didn't want to pay him, there'd be a new commish. Same as players. If owners don't want to pay a player(s), they'll be replacement player(S). It's all relative. All someone can do is ask for X $'s. If they are wanted, they'll get the dough.  Yes, it's that simple.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Just something to keep in mind as the league and the players start their little PR games to try to get the public to take one side or the other. Players make a lot of money--but very few of them make Goodell money.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

alls fair in love an war.

hard choices need to be made, a line needs to be drawn. if you pussyfoot around it you just end up feeling guilty. the best thing to do is be mean, be angry and be to the point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Not to defend Goodell here, but say the owners are conceding massive healthcare and pension concessions, which is pretty much the main gripe of the union, why is 18 games such a huge deal? I understand it's 2 more games, etc, but if they expand the rosters, I don't see this as a major, major deal. Does Fujita know season ticket holders pay full price for both preseason games?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

1. So what about the season ticket holders. They don't have to buy the tickets in the first place. Quit moaning. 

2. Expanding he regular season for the fan who pays full price for season tickets is a cover lie.  The real reason is to make more money. 

3. If this were the actual problem, then expanding the regular season is one of the lamest "solutions". Why not lower the cost of a preseason ticket to make it more palatable to those whining fans? Or remove them from the package altogether and offer them at a cheaper rate to families that can't afford the cost of regular season games? Other pro sports seem to do quite well with a pre-season and a regular season and they have multiple ticket packages. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell said WHAT?!?!?! : Just something to keep in mind as the league and the players start their little PR games to try to get the public to take one side or the other. Players make a lot of money--but very few of them make Goodell money.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I think your point is a valid comparison. Goodell is making decisions about the players lives while making more money and not worrying about injury himself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell said WHAT?!?!?! : First, yes- Roger Goodell's a complete do#che bag, aryan nazi, sc#m-bag pr!ck of not just a worthless human, but really, an awful human being too...  Moving on... PatsEng is correct here too: Look I'M thinkin' about goin' to the food shelter in my town, and IF I even SEE Benjarvis Green Ellis there, because he's only made 200-300k for 3 years or so, and can't hold on and manage during this 1 lockout season, I'll be sorta ticked if he snags the last can of creamed corn that should be rightfully MY creamed corn. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Laz is that you???  Its your old buddy Stomper, (aka Jerry Springer) How are ya man!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell said WHAT?!?!?! : I think your point is a valid comparison. Goodell is making decisions about the players lives while making more money and not worrying about injury himself.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Yeah Enoch . . . and as a season ticket holder myself, I was a bit annoyed by Goodell's comment in his "letter to fans" that he's trying to expand the season because we season ticket holders don't like paying for meaningless preseason games.  That's just a load of BS.  They want to expand the season for one reason and one reason only: to make more money (by selling two more weeks of games to the networks).  Maybe that's okay--but then why feed the fans a load of BS to justify it? Just come out and be honest.  We want to sell more games to CBS and FOX so we can increase our revenues by 10% or 15%.  The real reason Goodell is spinning is because he knows 18 games is bad for the players.  And he doesn't want the fans to take their side.  So he's trying to find a way to paint this expansion to 18 games as something that he's doing to help us poor fans.  It's a crock. He's doing it so the owners can make more money--probably at the expense of the players' health and longevity in the league.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't understand all the Goodell hatred.  Whatever, though, I agree.  League minimum is what, 365,000?  NO sympathy.  NONE.  ZERO.  Tell your union to make a deal, or deal with the consequences.

Sections
Shortcuts