Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour

This from a dubious source...Mike Florio, who claims to have gotten this from an unnamed league source...that if Richard Seymour had chosen not to report, the Raiders would have been returned their draft choice: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/13/if-seymour-hadnt-shown-raiders-could-have-gotten-their-pick-back/

If this is indeed true, can any player now nullify a trade by merely refusing to report to his new team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour

You may rest assured that any decision Goodell makes, regarding situations similar to this one -- or really, any situation at all -- will be completely arbitrary and will have no bearing on or relevance to any other decision Goodell makes. He will continue to punish certain teams and favor others with no real regard to what league policy or history may suggest.

That said, any discussion centered around potential theorizing by some unnamed league source -- which, as we all know, is no source at all -- about what may or may not have happened if some other thing had happened first reminds me that if ifs and buts were bolts and nuts, we'd all be in hardware.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Roger Goodell hated the Patriots he would have taken both of our first round picks in 2007, and we would've had no Mayo for our defensive sandwich. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour:
    If Roger Goodell hated the Patriots he would have taken both of our first round picks in 2007, and we would've had no Mayo for our defensive sandwich. 
    Posted by 49Patriots
    Wrong. Goodell the former Jets employee punished the Pats beyond any previous established penalty such as received by the Broncos and Niners for salary cap violations which was a third round pick. Additionally, the Jets illegally taped the Pats and received absolutely no penalty. Perhaps you can also explain why no one was punished when the confidential Pats tapes were leaked to the press and Goodell promised a thorough investigation. I would suggest that before you make positive statements about the biased POS in the commissioner's office you know the facts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

TP3, you should apply for a job at the Herald.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Promoting consipiracy theories doesn't cast a team's fanbase in an intelligent light.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

F___ Florio. We need to stop quoting him as an "insider."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour : Wrong. Goodell the former Jets employee punished the Pats beyond any previous established penalty such as received by the Broncos and Niners for salary cap violations which was a third round pick. Additionally, the Jets illegally taped the Pats and received absolutely no penalty. Perhaps you can also explain why no one was punished when the confidential Pats tapes were leaked to the press and Goodell promised a thorough investigation. I would suggest that before you make positive statements about the biased POS in the commissioner's office you know the facts.
    Posted by flasox

The NFL world wanted NE's head on a plater. He basically gave us a slap on the wrist. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour : The NFL world wanted NE's head on a plater. He basically gave us a slap on the wrist. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I disagree. Goodell saw all the tapes the Pats had. He saw that other teams were doing the same thing. He destroyed all the tapes to avoid an absolute disaster. After he sees how many teams were doing this he took the Pats pick away. Then he told the others to knock it off, NOW! If those tapes were made public the first round would have been about 18 picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Promoting consipiracy theories doesn't cast a team's fanbase in an intelligent light.
    Posted by seattlemaslow
    ....amen to that. Finding these conspiracies must take a lot of time. What else does TX do for a living?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by seattlemaslow

Marshmellow: When it comes to Goodell's heavy handed actions regarding the Patriots, I'm not promoting a "conspiracy theory"...I'm just telling it like it is. Yours is a foolish statement considering that you're from Seattle. After watching the refs hand the Steelers the 2005 SB...I guess that the Seahawk fan-base (all 6 of them) were not "cast in an intelligent light" for complaining.     

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour :      Marshmellow: When it comes to Goodell's heavy handed actions regarding the Patriots, I'm not promoting a "conspiracy theory"...I'm just telling it like it is. Yours is a foolish statement considering that you're from Seattle. After watching the refs hand the Steelers the 2005 SB...I guess that the Seahawk fan-base (all 6 of them) were not "cast in an intelligent light" for complaining.     
    Posted by TexasPat3

Uh, sorry to break it to you Pat, but I'm born and bred New England. No need to throw stones, you just make us all look bad. You're telling it like it's your opinion, not "like it is." Why even bring up a dubious hypothetical? Seymour is a Raider. Pats have a pick. History.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour :      Marshmellow: When it comes to Goodell's heavy handed actions regarding the Patriots, I'm not promoting a "conspiracy theory"...I'm just telling it like it is. Yours is a foolish statement considering that you're from Seattle. After watching the refs hand the Steelers the 2005 SB...I guess that the Seahawk fan-base (all 6 of them) were not "cast in an intelligent light" for complaining.     
    Posted by TexasPat3

Oh, and I couldn't care less about the Seahawks, but try getting a ticket to a game out here. Those 6 people sure do buy a lot--and they seem really loud.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

If this is where Goodell was leaning it wouldn't be good for the NFL.  I would really have to jump on board the conspiracy bandwagon.  You have to force the trade after it's made public or that player can disrupt everything.  It doesn't matter what team you route for, I can't imagine this being good for any team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

TPat,

You should go back and read the responses the Florio's article.  A lot of Raider fans are really pissed at him.  They want Seymour bad by the looks. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour:
         This from a dubious source...Mike Florio, who claims to have gotten this from an unnamed league source...that if Richard Seymour had chosen not to report, the Raiders would have been returned their draft choice: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/13/if-seymour-hadnt-shown-raiders-could-have-gotten-their-pick-back/      If this is indeed true, can any player now nullify a trade by merely refusing to report to his new team?
    Posted by TexasPat3

LOL!  Florio is WRONG about 99% of the time....anything he says is not to be taken seriously.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rail. Show Rail's posts

NFL Emperor, Roger Goodell, formerly worked for the Jets. He's a homer who favors the Green Men. Look at the latest coverup: the Jets cheated when they abused the injury reporting system by covering up Bret Favre's injury. Cheating. What has been the outcome? Nothing. Emperor Goodell has taken no action against the New York Cheats. Mike Tannenbaum, the Cheats General Manager, apologized for his misunderstanding. No action by the NFL. Emperor Goodell favors the New York Cheats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

"This from a dubious source...Mike Florio"
    TexasPat... Mike is FAR from a "dubious source". While I disagree with this particular line of thought, Mike's credibilty within the NFL and media circles is solid. This is why NBC has joined with him (Profootballtalk). Normally, I'd say his reports are 90 percent correct and his previous career as an attorney lends a different perspective on some of the contractual and legal matters involving the NFL and it's players. With the NFL/NFLPA negotations coming up, he should be spot on. I don't believe Goodell would have sent the pick back BUT Florio is usually so spot on that he's my second NFL stop of the morning. Just my 2 cents.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

In Response to Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour : LOL!  Florio is WRONG about 99% of the time....anything he says is not to be taken seriously.....
    Posted by m1020us

Quite the opposite m1020us. He's RIGHT about 90% of the time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think Tartarus has it right.  Goodell wasn't looking to punish the Patriots - he was looking to protect the integrity of the league.

If it became common knowledge that everyone in the league stole signals from other teams (through various means), the league would be shown in a bad light.  Instead, the popular impression is that Patriots are alone in their immoral ethics, and the league has managed to stay above the steroid/referee/lockout scandals that have plagued other leagues thus far.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour : Uh, sorry to break it to you Pat, but I'm born and bred New England. No need to throw stones, you just make us all look bad. You're telling it like it's your opinion, not "like it is." Why even bring up a dubious hypothetical? Seymour is a Raider. Pats have a pick. History.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

The way you're talking, you should be a Seattle fan. I for one am tired of seeing the Pats get hosed by "Jets" Goodell, the media, and Polianite referees.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

For those believers of this thread topic, please do not forget to check your closet and under your bed for the boogeyman before going to sleep.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

"This from a dubious source...Mike Florio" TexasPat... Mike is FAR from a "dubious source". While I disagree with this particular line of thought, Mike's credibilty within the NFL and media circles is solid. This is why NBC has joined with him (Profootballtalk). Normally, I'd say his reports are 90 percent correct and his previous career as an attorney lends a different perspective on some of the contractual and legal matters involving the NFL and it's players. With the NFL/NFLPA negotations coming up, he should be spot on. I don't believe Goodell would have sent the pick back BUT Florio is usually so spot on that he's my second NFL stop of the morning. Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by RedsGhost

DID you just use NBC as a referrence for quality or truthful sources?.....

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME......  That crooked "owned by GE" sad sack attempt at a news and sports organization should be SUT DOWN for their inability to onvestigate our impartially report even stories as unbiassed as the weather.

If NBC put out a daily newspaper I wouldn't trust it to have enough integrity to wipe my Azz....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

For those believers of this thread topic, please do not forget to check your closet and under your bed for the boogeyman before going to sleep.
    Posted by underdogg

NOW this is HALARIOUS coming from a Colts fan.

Until you clowns were finally handes a SB, you guys whined more about how the league was against you.. and how the refs made fantom calls then anyone in the 15 areas the military ever stationed me.

Of course... the Jets fans are a really close second...  but hey they get to watch the draft live in person, and with some of their picks- I understood why they thought the world was out to get them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

Posted by seattlemaslow

A conspiracy requires more than one person, doesn't it?  The poster was merely
    making a speculation about the commisioner himself.

Sections
Shortcuts