Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour

In Response to Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour:
    [QUOTE]I think Tartarus has it right.  Goodell wasn't looking to punish the Patriots - he was looking to protect the integrity of the league. If it became common knowledge that everyone in the league stole signals from other teams (through various means), the league would be shown in a bad light.  Instead, the popular impression is that Patriots are alone in their immoral ethics, and the league has managed to stay above the steroid/referee/lockout scandals that have plagued other leagues thus far.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every action Goodell takes is directed more toward public image than anything else.  This biases his thinking from time to time.  He doesn't have a set of rules that determine what the penalty for any give action should be - he just makes it up as he goes along. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour :      The way you're talking, you should be a Seattle fan. I for one am tired of seeing the Pats get hosed by "Jets" Goodell, the media, and Polianite referees.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

There we go. Question my loyalty just because I don't agree with your point of view. That's truly sad. I don't believe the league is out to get the Pats. Sorry, but I'm moving on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think Tartarus has it right.  Goodell wasn't looking to punish the Patriots - he was looking to protect the integrity of the league. If it became common knowledge that everyone in the league stole signals from other teams (through various means), the league would be shown in a bad light.  Instead, the popular impression is that Patriots are alone in their immoral ethics, and the league has managed to stay above the steroid/referee/lockout scandals that have plagued other leagues thus far.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

If thats' true, then why was the punishment against the Pats so harsh? Couldn't the same had been accomplished by merely fining BB...and/or suspending him for a game or two? Wasn't it bad enough that he let the NFL's most successful franchise twist in the wind as being falsely held out as the sole violator? Apparently not, as he fined BB and the team an unprecedented amount of money...and then stripped them of a #1 draft choice to boot! All of this lent credibility to the bogus media montra that the Patriots had been cheating.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodell Would Have Hosed the Patriots Over Seymour : Quite the opposite m1020us. He's RIGHT about 90% of the time.
    Posted by RedsGhost[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Not even close....his sources are horrible!