Gosselin's 2nd moch draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Gosselin's 2nd moch draft

Here's the link.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/041809dnspomockdraft.e3cc4cc9.html?nl

The surprise is he has Maualuga dropping into our laps free of charge.  No Barwin in the 1st round like I thought.  Barwin wasn't in his first moch either. 

Thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Re: Gosselin's 2nd moch draft

This mock looks way off to me... Then again what the heck do I know? Brian O at 15? Freeman in the top 10? It's very different from all the other so called experts.

I like Rey at 23 though!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I have to agree with you on Freeman.  I did miss the Orakpo pick and I'm with you on that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

If he is there at 15 - BB will cash in and move up for him. It will be like Vince sliding to us. What a steal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

it's like my mock in respect to freeman and maualuga and very different in respect to pretty much everything else ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Here's the link. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/
    stories/041809dnspomockdraft.e3cc4cc9.html?nl
    The surprise is he has Maualuga dropping into our laps free of charge.  No Barwin in the 1st round like I thought.  Barwin wasn't in his first moch either.  Thoughts.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

It just goes to show you how diverse opinions can be. All that the "experts" can do is take educated guesses. Gosselin is usually more "educated" than most.

But...the big surprise to me is not Maualuga dropping to the Pats at #23. Several "experts" and mocks have predicted that. The huge surprise is the Lions passing on Matthew Stafford, and selecting LB Aaron Curry. Since both Stafford and OT Jason Smith are both represented by Tom Condon, and the Lions brass have recently been in negotiations with Curry's agent, this could happen. 

In fact, its' what Lions' fans want: http://www.mlive.com/
    lions/index.ssf/2009/04/did_tom_lewand_tip_lions_hand.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Normally, BB overvalues linemen (most of whom have gotten re-signed to big paydays) and undervalues positions such as cornerback (both Ty Law and Asante Samuel walked out of Foxboro for the real payday). Maualuga is ok, and another linebacker is needed, but given an oversupply of linebackers in the first two rounds, I'm not sure that BB will reach or overreach for Maualuga.  Of course I'm not privy to videotape, to private workout results or to Wonderlic results either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Paul, although there are many highly regarded LBs, only 2 ILBs are highly regarded.  So RM might not be a reach, he is the best run stuffing beast for ILB there is this year.  A second OLB would be nice as well

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]     It just goes to show you how diverse opinions can be. All that the "experts" can do is take educated guesses. Gosselin is usually more "educated" than most.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

That's the reason why I posted it.  He's at the top every year.  It's not so much this moch but the one he does the day of the draft.  He makes phone calls to his friends in the NFL and comes up with something that comes amazingly close.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]That's the reason why I posted it.  He's at the top every year.  It's not so much this moch but the one he does the day of the draft.  He makes phone calls to his friends in the NFL and comes up with something that comes amazingly close.   
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

how many in the first round did he get correct? 6? 8? I wouldn't describe that as amazingly close.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Normally, BB overvalues linemen (most of whom have gotten re-signed to big paydays) and undervalues positions such as cornerback (both Ty Law and Asante Samuel walked out of Foxboro for the real payday). Maualuga is ok, and another linebacker is needed, but given an oversupply of linebackers in the first two rounds, I'm not sure that BB will reach or overreach for Maualuga.  Of course I'm not privy to videotape, to private workout results or to Wonderlic results either.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Paul:

Theres' lots of LBs available...but few quality ILBs. Maualuga is the perfect replacement for Tedy Bruschi, and the interior intimidator that the Patriots' defense sorely lacks.

But, thats' just my opinion. I have no idea of what the Pats scouting reports say. My guess is that the Pats have Darius Butler rated as the top CB in the draft, Maualuga by far the best ILB available, and DEs Tyson Jackson and Jarron Gilbert rated very high.

The unpredictability factor from the 1st overall pick down makes the upcoming draft one of the most exciting and interesting in years. I can't wait for Saturday!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]     It just goes to show you how diverse opinions can be. All that the "experts" can do is take educated guesses. Gosselin is usually more "educated" than most.      But...the big surprise to me is not Maualuga dropping to the Pats at #23. Several "experts" and mocks have predicted that. The huge surprise is the Lions passing on Matthew Stafford, and selecting LB Aaron Curry. Since both Stafford and OT Jason Smith are both represented by Tom Condon, and the Lions brass have recently been in negotiations with Curry's agent, this could happen.       In fact, its' what Lions' fans want: http://www.mlive.com/ lions/index.ssf/2009/04/did_tom_lewand_tip_lions_hand.html   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE] Wow Curry, that would Change the Landscape of this Draft if he goes #1. Gosselin is Excellent as far as the Draft goes for the last few years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2707_The_dismal_mock-draft_scorecard.html           

CHFF compiled a track record for mock drafts over the last few years. And, not surprisingly, a low percentage of their picks were close. Anything can happen on draft day. Like the Lions grabbing Curry instead of Stafford like the consensus seems to be. The first round is like a line of dominoes standing on end. If one piece falls wrong, the whole sequence is disrupted. Being a Patriots fan there is also a lot of uncertainty, as BB is well known to not only trade a lot, but often pick someone no one ever dreamed about in any mock, "professional" or fan. In any case, this year is quite interesting as there are a lot of prospects who should be available in the slot where they have all those picks. They've also pretty much covered the holes in the team, and don't have to draft for need. There have been a lot of good suggestions here as to who they will/should take. I also wouldn't rule out some trading. They are in good position with more picks than most teams, and concentrated in the value range BB likes. I won't even try to guess, but I can't wait until Saturday!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The rumor of the Lions picking someone else other than Stafford had been going on for a while.  It has to do with his agent whose name escapes me.  This is also a team with many needs so what good would a QB do them any way.  They will be at the bottom next where they can go after a QB if they wish.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]     It just goes to show you how diverse opinions can be. All that the "experts" can do is take educated guesses. Gosselin is usually more "educated" than most.      But...the big surprise to me is not Maualuga dropping to the Pats at #23. Several "experts" and mocks have predicted that. The huge surprise is the Lions passing on Matthew Stafford, and selecting LB Aaron Curry. Since both Stafford and OT Jason Smith are both represented by Tom Condon, and the Lions brass have recently been in negotiations with Curry's agent, this could happen.       In fact, its' what Lions' fans want: http://www.mlive.com/ lions/index.ssf/2009/04/did_tom_lewand_tip_lions_hand.html   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Just heard on Path to the draft that the Lions do not have the deal done with Matthew Stafford at this point and they are hosting Curry.  It could mean they couldn't get that Stafford deal done and now are moving to the second of many biggest needs in that team MLB.  If this happens it will change everything about this draft.  You'll have top to QBs and top two LTs available not taken with #1.  Who does KC take then?  Has to be a T then to protect Cassell.