Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

I have never had any faith in this guy. The sooner he is off this team, the better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

you are over reacting! He made 4 long kicks today, 2 of which were over 50 yards.  Sadly he missed the shorter one at the end but he is still one of the best kickers in the NFL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

That was tragedy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The reason this offense works is because of Tom Brady.  If they had just put the ball in his hands at some point during the first 58 minutes instead of waiting until the last two minutes this game would have been over by halftime.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

you are over reacting! He made 4 long kicks today, 2 of which were over 50 yards.  Sadly he missed the shorter one at the end but he is still one of the best kickers in the NFL

NEVER liked this guy. He is a disaster waiting to happen. Today he happened. He will again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Terrible shank but the offense sucking for 55 minutes didn't help...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

The reason this offense works is because of Tom Brady.  If they had just put the ball in his hands at some point during the first 58 minutes instead of waiting until the last two minutes this game would have been over by halftime.

Running was ineffective. Too much invested in it considering that. We lose.

Anybody else just want to never even see Woodhead on the field again?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GS1897. Show GS1897's posts

How do you blame Gostkowski and not blame McDanials for that putrid display of play calling in the last minute? Or Gronkowski for his 2 penalties..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think you have to get rid of him.  I know people will say it's overreacting, but kickers have one job- to make game winning kicks.  If you miss a chipshot it means you let the game mess with your head. 

See Billy Cundiff, or Mike Vanderjagt, both great kickers when it didn't count, both unemployed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GadisRKO's comment:

Terrible shank but the offense sucking for 55 minutes didn't help...

Just like dropping a ball that hits you square in both hands, missing a reasonably distant game winning kick is inexcusable. It doesn't matter what happened before that. The game is on the line when it's on the line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I have never had any faith in this guy. The sooner he is off this team, the better.

He "Cundiffed." We got to the SB due to one of those, and this one is payback from the Football Gods....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Running was ineffective. Too much invested in it considering that. We lose.

Anybody else just want to never even see Woodhead on the field again?

Woodhead finshed with 7 carries for 8 yards, Vareen had better be the real deal because this guy is a waste. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Playing for that field goal in the last minute with the Cardinals on their heels was a big mistake. Brady was finally on fire and they played it safe. I think they could have scored a touchdown despite Gronkowski's screw ups. The Cardinals were in shock and playing for a 40 yd field goal seemed to be exactly what the Cardinals needed. Has Gostkowski ever hit a last second field goal to win a game. His previous field goal was pretty clutch but he just choked badly on that one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The 2 team weaknesses I listed at the beginning of the season.  Return game and Ghost.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I did not see the shank. It seems to me the Pats recoverred the fumble in good field position. What happened to the offense and getting the ball into the endzone to win the game???? It seems like they played it safe. Costly loss no matter who you blame.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GS1897's comment:

How do you blame Gostkowski and not blame McDanials for that putrid display of play calling in the last minute? Or Gronkowski for his 2 penalties..

Because I lay more blame on whoever blows the endgame rather than the shortcomings before that. That's what it's about. Put yourself in a position to win, and win it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Yeah the guy straight up missed it, no doubt about it. Kind of like what happened to Balt in the playoffs last year against us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He missed one.  It happens.  The Patriots got lucky, then their luck didn't hold.  That holding call on the touchdown was iffy.  Oh, well.  Maybe a humbling moment for them helps early on.  They got one, whether it helps or not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Playing for that field goal in the last minute with the Cardinals on their heels was a big mistake. Brady was finally on fire and they played it safe. I think they could have scored a touchdown despite Gronkowski's screw ups. The Cardinals were in shock and playing for a 40 yd field goal seemed to be exactly what the Cardinals needed. Has Gostkowski ever hit a last second field goal to win a game. His previous field goal was pretty clutch but he just choked badly on that one.

Your comment seems spot on. From what I was reading online, Pats played it safe and it cost them. Simple.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

The 2 team weaknesses I listed at the beginning of the season.  Return game and Ghost.

I'm with you completely. This guy has a better chance of hitting a FG that means nothing than he does a game winner. I am never surprised whatsoever when he chokes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Gronkowski was awful at the end but the Pats were still on a first down I think when Woodhead's touchdown was called back. This was Gronkowski's worst game since the cleveland game of 2 years ago. They needed to get the ball closer and there was plenty of time left.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

He missed one.  It happens.  The Patriots got lucky, then their luck didn't hold.  That holding call on the touchdown was iffy.  Oh, well.  Maybe a humbling moment for them helps early on.  They got one, whether it helps or not.

It's not a matter of luck that Gostkowski is a choker.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to GS1897's comment:

Because I lay more blame on whoever blows the endgame rather than the shortcomings before that. That's what it's about. Put yourself in a position to win, and win it.

Agree with you.  No matter what happened before the FG attempt dosen't mean a thing.  The fact is he still had the chance to win the game if he just did his job.

Sections
Shortcuts