Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Re: Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

He Choked plain and simple.....Need a new kicker.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Davedsone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He missed one.  It happens.  The Patriots got lucky, then their luck didn't hold.  That holding call on the touchdown was iffy.  Oh, well.  Maybe a humbling moment for them helps early on.  They got one, whether it helps or not.

[/QUOTE]

It's not a matter of luck that Gostkowski is a choker.

[/QUOTE]

Babe, if you had watched the play and knew anything about kicking, you know that the blame goes to the holder.  The ball was angled at about a 60 degree angle instead of being straight up and down.  With the bad hold, Goskowski never had a chance to make that kick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In all honesty, I didn't see the kick. 

I was going on the assumption it was a good snap and hold and he just missed it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 2 team weaknesses I listed at the beginning of the season.  Return game and Ghost.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you completely. This guy has a better chance of hitting a FG that means nothing than he does a game winner. I am never surprised whatsoever when he chokes.

[/QUOTE]

BB had no confidence in his ability to make a big kick in the 07 Super Bowl.  Not sure why he thought he wouldn’t choke today, trying to make a kick with a game on the line?

Hopefully management learned an important lesson today and moving forward doesn’t ever play for a field goal to end a game again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

its the first time that i remember him being in this situation, a comback field goal with no time left. I agree that he hits the fgs that don't mean as much but the ones he misses tend to be the ones under pressure, which he's had a few over his career here. 

I say that you never should put the game into the kickers hands anyways,  other than adam v they all choke. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

The fact of the matter is that we lost the game. It doesn't matter if he choked or not, but he wasn't the only who didn't do his job...On the other hand, our D looks good though...I see it this way, maybe this loss will bring them down to earth after flying high after their win over TEN..Let's hope they let all of their frustration out on the ravens next week...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I have to say that plenty of guys can kick some 50 yard FG's when the game is not on the line, but if you can't rely on a guy to kick a gimme game winner then you might not be able to rely on him ever again. If he had hit the upright or something then maybe, but this guy was a nervous wreck. He didn't even come close.

If you can't rely on your kicker your play calling will suffer in close games.

It also hurt that Adam hit a deep game winner 10 minutes before Ghost ghosted.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The reason this offense works is because of Tom Brady.  If they had just put the ball in his hands at some point during the first 58 minutes instead of waiting until the last two minutes this game would have been over by halftime.

[/QUOTE]

I thought you all wanted a ball control run first offense?  Things look a little different when that ball control offense can't put up 20 points, right?

[/QUOTE]

I thought you wanted to see the Jets win a Superbowl without watching NFL films?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sfpat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Davedsone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He missed one.  It happens.  The Patriots got lucky, then their luck didn't hold.  That holding call on the touchdown was iffy.  Oh, well.  Maybe a humbling moment for them helps early on.  They got one, whether it helps or not.

[/QUOTE]

It's not a matter of luck that Gostkowski is a choker.

[/QUOTE]

Babe, if you had watched the play and knew anything about kicking, you know that the blame goes to the holder.  The ball was angled at about a 60 degree angle instead of being straight up and down.  With the bad hold, Goskowski never had a chance to make that kick.

[/QUOTE]

Ball looked a bit off straight, but lots of holds are like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

While I agree that last kick was a choke job by someone (kicker,snapper or holder) the previous kick was pretty clutch and the Pats coaching staff could have tried getting it closer with 40 seconds left.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I suppose it's true that the offense was pretty bad for most of the day and there were a lot of contributing factors to the loss, but kickers are supposed to kick and they tend to be remembered more for what they don't do than what they do . . .    ummmm . . .   do.

Incidentally, old friend Adam Viniateri did his thing against the Vikings today, in case you missed it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I agree that last kick was a choke job by someone (kicker,snapper or holder) the previous kick was pretty clutch and the Pats coaching staff could have tried getting it closer with 40 seconds left.

[/QUOTE]

Not as much pressure on that previous kick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

He's no Adam V. He's good on kickoffs but there is no way I would want him kicking to win a playoff or Superbowl game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GS1897. Show GS1897's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to GS1897's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How do you blame Gostkowski and not blame McDanials for that putrid display of play calling in the last minute? Or Gronkowski for his 2 penalties..

[/QUOTE]

Because I lay more blame on whoever blows the endgame rather than the shortcomings before that. That's what it's about. Put yourself in a position to win, and win it.

[/QUOTE]

Without his 4 previous fieldgoals, they didn't really put themselves in a position to win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree there was not as much pressure but a 50 yarder in the 4th quarter to get it to one score is pretty clutch. This game was lost by a lot of players not just Gostkowski. I can remember two dropped passes for first down as well as a terrible blocked punt (there was almost another one earlier too). The Cards gifted a win to the Pats but they could not capitilaze on it like they couldn't for most of the day. How many Pats drives seemed to die around the Cardinals 40 yard line and what the heck was up at the end of the first half.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree there was not as much pressure but a 50 yarder in the 4th quarter to get it to one score is pretty clutch. This game was lost by a lot of players not just Gostkowski. I can remember two dropped passes for first down as well as a terrible blocked punt (there was almost another one earlier too). The Cards gifted a win to the Pats but they could not capitilaze on it like they couldn't for most of the day. How many Pats drives seemed to die around the Cardinals 40 yard line and what the heck was up at the end of the first half.

[/QUOTE]

Again, as I say, there are usually a lot of fingers that can be pointed when you lose. But it still boils down the the endgame. Gostkowski blew that. The rest is fodder for discussion as to how we may avoid needing a clutch kick to win in the future, but it doesn't change the fact our kicker will never be confused with AV.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How do you blame Gostkowski and not blame McDanials for that putrid display of play calling in the last minute? Or Gronkowski for his 2 penalties..

[/QUOTE]

Because I lay more blame on whoever blows the endgame rather than the shortcomings before that. That's what it's about. Put yourself in a position to win, and win it.

[/QUOTE]

Without his 4 previous fieldgoals, they didn't really put themselves in a position to win.

[/QUOTE]

Well yeah. Nobody says he never hits a FG. I think the discussion is about how clutch he is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Dang, you people just suck the fun out of EVERYTHING.  The offense was poor, the defense did pretty good considering, and special teams was bad in the kicking portion.  They deserved to lose, ALMOST won, and ended up losing.  That's the way it goes.  No one needs to be beheaded, folks.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

We do not have AV any more. That ship sailed a while ago. While Gost is not great he is good and who out there right now is better. Maybe next year they should replace him but I would argue the dropped Welker pass leading to the blocked punt cost more overrall.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sfpat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looking at replay... hold was fine. Gost got a bunch of turf on the kick though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

I have never had any faith in this guy. The sooner he is off this team, the better.

[/QUOTE]

Another day another Babe diversion. He kicked 4 because the offense couldn't score a TD.

Or is this his fault...

Red Zone Efficiency 1/3 - 33%

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

I've never been a bigger squeelers fan ..  as I am riht now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  No matter what happened before the FG attempt dosen't mean a thing.  The fact is he still had the chance to win the game if he just did his job.

[/QUOTE

So the offense doesn't do it's job for 58 minutes while the kicker does but it's all the kicker's fault. The game would have gone to OT if.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The standard Babe omission of one player when assigning blame.