Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali9. Show neali9's posts

Re: Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

My father was born in 1917 and adored Williams. Sure, he had enemies in the press especially because he was outspoken. But the fans loved the guy. Just a few bad apples.

And the Manning analogy is inaccuarate. The Bosox problem all those years was poor pitching. Only in '46 did Williams get to the WS as Yankeee pitching made the difference hios entire career. Of course 5 years lost to serving his country put a massive dent into his career numbers. With those probable 2500 at bats missed he would have been without a doubt considered the greatest hitter of them all.

Willliams was the greatest hitter of all time. If he hadn't lost those 5 years to serving his country, some of them actually in Combat unlike schhmuck Joe D., he would have passed Babe Ruth's HR record and Aaron would not have caught him. If he got traded for that schmmuck Joe D, played in Yankee Stadium and not missed those 5 years, he might have 1000 home runs. His power was to center right center and Fenway is a big park unless you are a right hand hitter or a dead pull leftie.

Furthermore, Ted did hate the reporters who screwed him because he would not give them good stuff, and was contemtuous of their the pen is mighier than the bat. Felger was born too late, he would have fit right in in the 40's.

And to the turkey who said Joe D was about championships, he would have had none had Boston had Joe D and the Yankees had had Ted Williams.  Thank God Satan's team could not buy the greatest hitter ever from the Sox like they did Ruth when that alcohlic NY pansy Frazee stole and dismantled the team. Why people refer to this as a trade still baffles me.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali9. Show neali9's posts

?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

It is simply astonishing that the kicker can miss the winning kick from a distance he hits about 3/4 of the time to lose the game, but somehow somebody else is more to blame than him in the mind of some. It is fascinating how the football fan's mind works sometimes. It is reminiscent of players being excused for dropping the Lombardi trophy because the catch wasn't easy.

Geez Babe... It happens to EVER kicker.. No kicker is perfect. None.. Not ONE... The only kicker who is perfect is the one who retires after they kick their first FG attempt succesfully.

I'm not saying he has to be perfect. But missing a game winner from that distance in perfect conditions is extremely rare for the good ones. I was not surprised in the least that he missed it because he just isn't that good when you really need it. Wasn't surprised in the least.

Gostkowski has also has a greater portion of his FGs come from under 40 yards than the norm.

He kicked a 51 and 53 yarders Sunday which kept the team in the game as the offense kept fizzling despite being put in good field position by the defense. These little facts seem to escape you.

By the way wouldn't it be nice if we had a back who could pass block. Oh that's right according to you all they have to do is run with the ball right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

It is simply astonishing that the kicker can miss the winning kick from a distance he hits about 3/4 of the time to lose the game, but somehow somebody else is more to blame than him in the mind of some. It is fascinating how the football fan's mind works sometimes. It is reminiscent of players being excused for dropping the Lombardi trophy because the catch wasn't easy.

Geez Babe... It happens to EVER kicker.. No kicker is perfect. None.. Not ONE... The only kicker who is perfect is the one who retires after they kick their first FG attempt succesfully.

I'm not saying he has to be perfect. But missing a game winner from that distance in perfect conditions is extremely rare for the good ones. I was not surprised in the least that he missed it because he just isn't that good when you really need it. Wasn't surprised in the least.

Gostkowski has also has a greater portion of his FGs come from under 40 yards than the norm.

He kicked a 51 and 53 yarders Sunday which kept the team in the game as the offense kept fizzling despite being put in good field position by the defense. These little facts seem to escape you.

By the way wouldn't it be nice if we had a back who could pass block. Oh that's right according to you all they have to do is run with the ball right?

I'm glad you're happy with him for our kicker. I'm not and I strongly suspect he will one day really blow something big for us. I'm surprised he hasn't already, but he has mostly been sheltered from those kind of moments of truth by BB right along.

I like backs who can pass block too. See, we have something in common. Has Brady been getting overly trashed by poor pass blocking from the backs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I'm glad you're happy with him for our kicker. I'm not and I strongly suspect he will one day really blow something big for us. I'm surprised he hasn't already, but he has mostly been sheltered from those kind of moments of truth by BB right along.

I like backs who can pass block too. See, we have something in common. Has Brady been getting overly trashed by poor pass blocking from the backs?

That must be why your bash BJGE fest was based entirely on yards per carry and everytime someone brought up other skills your answer was---yards per carry.

PS...I understand Ridley has a whopping .7 more yards a carry than BJGE does. I hope that was worth the loss of a blocker for you. Asking Woodhead to block a DL is like asking an ant to hold back a locomotive and Vereen...seen him lately?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That must be why your bash BJGE fest was based entirely on yards per carry and everytime someone brought up other skills your answer was---yards per carry.

PS...I understand Ridley has a whopping .7 more yards a carry than BJGE does. I hope that was worth the loss of a blocker for you. Asking Woodhead to block a DL is like asking an ant to hold back a locomotive and Vereen...seen him lately?

Take it up with BB. I didn't let Benny walk without even making an offer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[/QUOTE]

I was a fan of Green Ellis and was sorry to see him leave, but .7 yards a carry is a huge difference.  It's two yards over three carries.  3.3 yards a carry leads to a punt; 4 yards a carry is a first down and more.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Like I was saying....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Like I was saying....

Naw your still to early. Not really a big deal to miss 40+ field goals in the first half.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

UHHHH, not really a big deal?  There WILL be kickers in this week, the question is who.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Like I was saying....

Naw your still to early. Not really a big deal to miss 40+ field goals in the first half.

Sure is when you're on the road struggling and looking to not be 1-3 when the game is over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to manowar333's comment:

UHHHH, not really a big deal?  There WILL be kickers in this week, the question is who.

I really doubt anyone besides Ghost be the kicker next week.

Sections
Shortcuts