Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have never had any faith in this guy. The sooner he is off this team, the better.

[/QUOTE]

We should not have needed Ghost to win the game if the offense would have not sputtered on numerous drives all day. It didn't help that the game winning TD was called back because of holding.

Could have sworn BO'B was back as OC today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have never had any faith in this guy. The sooner he is off this team, the better.

[/QUOTE]

We should not have needed Ghost to win the game if the offense would have not sputtered on numerous drives all day. It didn't help that the game winning TD was called back because of holding.

Could have sworn BO'B was back as OC today.

[/QUOTE]

It dosen't matter that it shouldn't have come down to him having to win the game.

It so happens that it did.

His job is to make the kick in those situations.  That 's why he's on the team.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady was horrendous. Again. 1st play an INT?  Ugh.

There's just no way around avoiding this discussion.  There just isn't. You can ban me all you want, but the fact remains that Tom Brady just doesn't have the fire anymore to be a consistent, elite QB.  It's ok to admit it.  He's done.  Last week, the O Line and Ridley carried him and this week when the run game was handled, he was left to do nothing.

I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's where his interests lay at this point in terms of family, etc, but he's simply not engaged and not as good as he used to be.  It's a shame, but it's very clear he doesn't have the fire anymore. His time has come.

In 2010, he had a lot to prove after a good/solid comeback 2009, but you could tell he wanted to be elite again, so he really took over and was the league MVP after BB dealt Moss.

Now, it's just painful to watch. His throws are reckless, wild, inaccurate much of the time and he's constantly making bad decisions. How many times today could he have just run 3 yards forward, but he forced the throw or cowered and took a sack for some odd reason. I don't understand what happened to the heady Brady who had this incredible cerebral feel for the position and the game.

Anyway, I'm done commenting on this because it's clear Brady has checked out and isn't interested in winning another SB. He can say whatever he wants, act excited after a TD, etc, but this constant wasting of time for 75% of the game is embarrassing.   Ridley had 60 yards at the half, but we still see Brady in the shotgun over and over and over, just like we did to start the game, and it's another loss because of it.

For the love of god, stop putting him in the shotgun/stop allowing him to call the plays.

I do not see this team winning jack squat with this kind of offense.  There is so much talent on offense, but for whatever reason, the guy in charge of it all isn't at the controls anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Okay. He's washed up. What's next, Mallet?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]

There's just no way around avoiding this discussion.  There just isn't. You can ban me all you want, but the fact remains that Tom Brady just doesn't have the fire anymore to be a consistent, elite QB.  It's ok to admit it.  He's done.  Last week, the O Line and Ridley carried him and this week when the run game was handled, he was left to do nothing.

I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's where his interests lay at this point in terms of family, etc, but he's simply not engaged and not as good as he used to be.  It's a shame, but it's very clear he doesn't have the fire anymore. His time has come.

In 2010, he had a lot to prove after a good/solid comeback 2009, but you could tell he wanted to be elite again, so he really took over and was the league MVP after BB dealt Moss.

Now, it's just painful to watch. His throws are reckless, wild, inaccurate much of the time and he's constantly making bad decisions. How many times today could he have just run 3 yards forward, but he forced the throw or cowered and took a sack for some odd reason. I don't understand what happened to the heady Brady who had this incredible cerebral feel for the position and the game.

Anyway, I'm done commenting on this because it's clear Brady has checked out and isn't interested in winning another SB. He can say whatever he wants, act excited after a TD, etc, but this constant wasting of time for 75% of the game is embarrassing.   Ridley had 60 yards at the half, but we still see Brady in the shotgun over and over and over, just like we did to start the game, and it's another loss because of it.

For the love of god, stop putting him in the shotgun/stop allowing him to call the plays.

I do not see this team winning jack squat with this kind of offense.  There is so much talent on offense, but for whatever reason, the guy in charge of it all isn't at the controls anymore.

[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. Proof started during 1st Super Bowl against Giants. He could not score points. He laughed when Plax made comment about Pats not scoring points. Then last year against the Giants he failed again. I know he was missing a hobbled Gronk and the debate over Welker dropping that pass. Which was horrendously thrown by Brady. But I have to agree. He just does not have it. He was saved all day by the kicker once again. Just like in Super Bowl wins of the past. The kicker(Vin) one the games. And today the Pats were kept in the game by the kicker. Sure he missed at the worst time, but where was the offense after the fumble recovery. Shoot, where was the offense all game. It took into 4th quarter to see a touchdown. Crazy. I think Brady has become just a regular old QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. Proof started during 1st Super Bowl against Giants. He could not score points. He laughed when Plax made comment about Pats not scoring points. Then last year against the Giants he failed again. I know he was missing a hobbled Gronk and the debate over Welker dropping that pass. Which was horrendously thrown by Brady. But I have to agree. He just does not have it. He was saved all day by the kicker once again. Just like in Super Bowl wins of the past. The kicker(Vin) one the games. And today the Pats were kept in the game by the kicker. Sure he missed at the worst time, but where was the offense after the fumble recovery. Shoot, where was the offense all game. It took into 4th quarter to see a touchdown. Crazy. I think Brady has become just a regular old QB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. Proof started during 1st Super Bowl against Giants. He could not score points. He laughed when Plax made comment about Pats not scoring points. Then last year against the Giants he failed again. I know he was missing a hobbled Gronk and the debate over Welker dropping that pass. Which was horrendously thrown by Brady. But I have to agree. He just does not have it. He was saved all day by the kicker once again. Just like in Super Bowl wins of the past. The kicker(Vin) one the games. And today the Pats were kept in the game by the kicker. Sure Gostkowski missed at the worst time, but where was the offense after the fumble recovery. Shoot, where was the offense all game. Oh, thats right it was Gostkowski who provided it(2 td's worth). It took into 4th quarter to see a real touchdown. Crazy. I think Brady has become just a regular old QB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. Proof started during 1st Super Bowl against Giants. He could not score points. He laughed when Plax made comment about Pats not scoring points. Then last year against the Giants he failed again. I know he was missing a hobbled Gronk and the debate over Welker dropping that pass. Which was horrendously thrown by Brady. But I have to agree. He just does not have it. He was saved all day by the kicker once again. Just like in Super Bowl wins of the past. The kicker(Vin) one the games. And today the Pats were kept in the game by the kicker. Sure Gostkowski missed at the worst time, but where was the offense after the fumble recovery. Shoot, where was the offense all game. Oh, thats right it was Gostkowski who provided it(2 td's worth). It took into 4th quarter to see a real touchdown. Crazy. I think Brady has become just a regular old QB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Sorry about that. Something went haywire with that last response. Not liking this new posting system too much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay. Brady's washed up. Let's get that future hall of famer mallet in there asap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay. Brady's washed up. Let's get that future hall of famer mallet in there asap.

[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your time Babe.  He's already admitted he's was watching the game at a bar so he's probably pretty lit.

No good can come of it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your time Babe.  He's already admitted he's was watching the game at a bar so he's probably pretty lit.

No good can come of it. 

[/QUOTE]

Good point Dom. I'm through arguing around here for the most part anyway. I'll make a few points, then let ppl think what they like.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Don't waste your time Babe. He's already admitted he's was watching the game at a bar so he's probably pretty lit.

I keep telling him alcohol and anti-psychotics don't mix but he doesn't listen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't waste your time Babe. He's already admitted he's was watching the game at a bar so he's probably pretty lit.

I keep telling him alcohol and anti-psychotics don't mix but he doesn't listen.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Yeah, probably not a good combination.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Yes the best kicker in the history of the Patriots who has never missed a big kick until now is a choker. Is Gronk a choker? He cost the Pats the game on a very bad plent. All he had to was block. Then got another penalty 5 seconds later. So he repeatedly choked.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes the best kicker in the history of the Patriots who has never missed a big kick until now is a choker. Is Gronk a choker? He cost the Pats the game on a very bad plent. All he had to was block. Then got another penalty 5 seconds later. So he repeatedly choked.

[/QUOTE]

He really has never had a big kick other then the one BB didn't let him attempt in the 07 Super Bowl.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No good can come of it. 

[/QUOTE]

Good point Dom. I'm through arguing around here for the most part anyway. I'll make a few points, then let ppl think what they like.

[/QUOTE]

know whats sad babe? that a giants fan like me appreciates Brady more than many of ur fellow pats fans. believe me, giants fans find this brady bshing amusing as hell. sad but amusing

[/QUOTE]

Even the jets fans appreciate him more. That is sad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Ghost misses one game winner in 7 years here, and all of a sudden he's a choker?

This is only his third opportunity, but he nailed his previous 2 (including one in the playoffs vs San Diego).  And while a 42-yarder is makeable, it's hardly a gimme.

But by all means, after one miss in 7 years, let's cut the 7th most accurate kicker in NFL history, and one of the best kickoff men in the league currently.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ghost misses one game winner in 7 years here, and all of a sudden he's a choker?

This is only his third opportunity, but he nailed his previous 2 (including one in the playoffs vs San Diego).  And while a 42-yarder is makeable, it's hardly a gimme.

But by all means, after one miss in 7 years, let's cut the 7th most accurate kicker in NFL history, and one of the best kickoff men in the league currently.

[/QUOTE]

Have you ever wondered why it is only his 3rd opportunity? I would say BB clearly shelters him from pressure if possible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

Have you ever wondered why it is only his 3rd opportunity? I would say BB clearly shelters him from pressure if possible.

[/QUOTE]

Other than the '07 Super Bowl, I can't recall any situation where a pressure FG was avoided.  If you can give an example of ONE, I'd love to hear it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think you have to get rid of him.  I know people will say it's overreacting, but kickers have one job- to make game winning kicks.  If you miss a chipshot it means you let the game mess with your head. 

See Billy Cundiff, or Mike Vanderjagt, both great kickers when it didn't count, both unemployed.

[/QUOTE]

42 yards is a chipshot? lol. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The reason this offense works is because of Tom Brady.  If they had just put the ball in his hands at some point during the first 58 minutes instead of waiting until the last two minutes this game would have been over by halftime.

[/QUOTE]

Running was ineffective. Too much invested in it considering that. We lose.

Anybody else just want to never even see Woodhead on the field again?

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Woodhead once the team and media darling?  The epitome of the patriot way both from a personnel (finding the diamond in the rough for nothing) and player perspective (not caring about money but just wanting to play football)?