Gostkowski is the best kicker in the N.F.L today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Gostkowski is the best kicker in the N.F.L today

I haven't heard too many deserved accolades for Steve Gostkowski of late so I just want to recognize him ...I remember 4 years ago when we lost Adam Vinateri
    to Indy and had this unknown rookie from Memphis College to take his place ....
    Every one of us  did not think any kicker could replace him  !!! Today, without question Gostkowski has one of the strongest legs, as well as accurate,  in the league....Name me another kicker in the league on any team, that has kicked as many touch-backs as  Gostkowski......With kick returners like Percy Harvin, Ted Ginn and others that can take it to the house at anytime, how valuable an asset is that ??? Personally I never thought we could replace Adam Vinateri when he left...
     Today I wouldn't trade this New England Patriots kicker for any other kicker in the league including ........Adam Vinateri !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Gostkowski is the best kicker in the N.F.L today

His kickoffs are a huge advantage for the Pats. He came up huge in the Miami game, neutralizing Ted Ginn by putting the ball deep in the endzone--even when a penalty moved the tee back 5 yards. That kick to the back of the endzone after the penalty was brilliant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Gostkowski is the best kicker in the N.F.L today:
    His kickoffs are a huge advantage for the Pats. He came up huge in the Miami game, neutralizing Ted Ginn by putting the ball deep in the endzone--even when a penalty moved the tee back 5 yards. That kick to the back of the endzone after the penalty was brilliant.
    Posted by soloflyfisher

I agree totally. Those kickoffs were awesome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I guess that can only mean we won't be ponying up the Benjamin's to keep him when his contract expires.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I guess that can only mean we won't be ponying up the Benjamin's to keep him when his contract expires.
    Posted by K-max

You never know with BB. If they want they can franchise him for pretty short money. I think they did that with Vinatieri.Kickers don't make too much.

What happened to A clockwork orange?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I say kicker is the most important spot on the team after QB and maybe LT.  Pay him.  He's far more important to the team than Whiffork. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I don't know what player you guys are watching. He's a decent kicker no more, no less. Would you really feel comfortable with him kicking a 43 yarder in a playoff game, down by two with 4 seconds left? I know I wouldn't. 

Like I said, he's decent kicker. But comparing him to Vinateri is insane. The caveat, of course, being  Vinateri's age and health. But as far as clutch is concerned the two aren't even in the same galaxy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

I don't know what player you guys are watching. He's a decent kicker no more, no less. Would you really feel comfortable with him kicking a 43 yarder in a playoff game, down by two with 4 seconds left? I know I wouldn't.    Like I said, he's decent kicker. But comparing him to Vinateri is insane. The caveat, of course, being  Vinateri's age and health. But as far as clutch is concerned the two aren't even in the same galaxy.
    Posted by dafoe
      Everyone is entitled to his own opinion ...To say this
    kicker is just decent is idiotic !!! Compare him to Vinateri ?? I doubt he will be in the same clutch situations Vinateri was in but you never know !! What I do know is that he definetly has a stronger leg than Vinateri...... Vinateri never kicked touch-backs as frequently as  this kid does.....and yes I WOULD feel very comfortable with him kicking a 43yarder in a play-off game !! If he can kick it 110 yards in a kick-off I'm pretty sure he could kick a field goal with accuracy at half that distance !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In Response to Gostkowski is the best kicker in the N.F.L today:
     I haven't heard too many deserved accolades for Steve Gostkowski of late so I just want to recognize him ...I remember 4 years ago when we lost Adam Vinateri to Indy and had this unknown rookie from Memphis College to take his place .... Every one of us  did not think any kicker could replace him  !!! Today, without question Gostkowski has one of the strongest legs, as well as accurate,  in the league....Name me another kicker in the league on any team, that has kicked as many touch-backs as  Gostkowski......With kick returners like Percy Harvin, Ted Ginn and others that can take it to the house at anytime, how valuable an asset is that ??? Personally I never thought we could replace Adam Vinateri when he left...  Today I wouldn't trade this New England Patriots kicker for any other kicker in the league including ........Adam Vinateri !!!
    Posted by flip781

Dude Vinateri was good, but he cant kick in the snow anymore, because he went to a soft Colts team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

To say that Gostkowski is not as clutch as Vinatieri might be true.
    However, how many "clutch" kicks has Gostkowski been required to make?

Sections
Shortcuts