Gostowski = Choke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

Gostowski = Choke

I haven't gotten over Gostowski shanking that game winning bunny FG in Week 1 that cost us home field advantage and a first round bye in the playoffs. 

I couldn't care less about his kicking today.

Lately, the guy can't even kick the ball into the end zone. What good is he?

Does anyone else have any confidence that Ghost could make a clutch FG in the playoffs?  Let's hear from the homers, who I'm sure will inform me that Gostowski is the greatest clutch kicker in the history of the NFL, and we are all blessed to even have the good fortune to watch him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: Gostowski = Choke

You lost me when you said cost "us" home field advantage and a first round bye. Unless you are an employee of the team.

Hey super fan, if you are gonna hold yourself out there as being an "us" then at least spell the kicker's name right. It's Gostkowski, troll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You lost me when you said cost "us" home field advantage and a first round bye. Unless you are an employee of the team.

Hey super fan, if you are gonna hold yourself out there as being an "us" then at least spell the kicker's name right. It's Gostkowski, troll.

[/QUOTE]

ahahahaha... he's trying to educate us with his 19 posts of great wisdom...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I haven't gotten over Gostowski shanking that game winning bunny FG in Week 1 that cost us home field advantage and a first round bye in the playoffs. 

I couldn't care less about his kicking today.

Lately, the guy can't even kick the ball into the end zone. What good is he?

Does anyone else have any confidence that Ghost could make a clutch FG in the playoffs?  Let's hear from the homers, who I'm sure will inform me that Gostowski is the greatest clutch kicker in the history of the NFL, and we are all blessed to even have the good fortune to watch him. 

[/QUOTE]

Week 1? "We" blew out Tenn in week one. Are you talking about the AZ game? Week 2, but you may be right. Im not sold on him either, though he does show signs of improvement. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's hear from the homers, who I'm sure will inform me that Gostowski is the greatest clutch kicker in the history of the NFL, and we are all blessed to even have the good fortune to watch him. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think I have EVER heard anyone on here, including all the homers, say this about Gostowski.  Stop trying to stir the pot. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

someone hit the bong too hard tonight!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I agree with Varitas as well---the Zona game cost the Pats a bye----period---how do you miss a 37 yard fg AT HOME, where you practice at,  and in Sept no less----don't listen to these know it all Homers Varitas--they think they are right all the time and Never say anything constructive against the Patriots--most here live vicariuosly through THEIR hometown Pats!!!!!! They will correct your every little mistake -like the bozo on here reminding you it was game 2--not game 1, (like it matters), so they can feel smart and all Pats Knowing---this forum has become a type of pack bully mentality where they are all vying for the head bully pack leader position, based on their homerism and All-knowledge things Pats!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The guy has missed 6 fg's with 3 of them off the records counted as problems with the snap/hold. Check out all the kickers in the league and look at how many have missed 5-7 kicks, which is most of them. 

His kick offs after TD consistently give the Pats D a long field to defend giving the Pats an advantage in the position game. 

I will take Gostkowski any time, he is consistently good. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think if you look around the league he is probably above average. We are spoiled because of Vinateri...you never worried with him, but he was very rare. Gohst has made some big kicks in the playoffs I believe and although I do worry about him, he is better than most in the league right now. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with Varitas as well---the Zona game cost the Pats a bye----period---how do you miss a 37 yard fg AT HOME, where you practice at,  and in Sept no less----don't listen to these know it all Homers Varitas--they think they are right all the time and Never say anything constructive against the Patriots--most here live vicariuosly through THEIR hometown Pats!!!!!! They will correct your every little mistake -like the bozo on here reminding you it was game 2--not game 1, (like it matters), so they can feel smart and all Pats Knowing---this forum has become a type of pack bully mentality where they are all vying for the head bully pack leader position, based on their homerism and All-knowledge things Pats!!!!

[/QUOTE]

AZ was just one loss. Blame the secondary (and coaching staff) for the Seattle loss and Baltimore while we're at it, and special teams and Ridley for the SF loss. There's enough blame to go around. Gostkowski shares in it.  

IMO, kickers have become incredibly efficient across the league.  They're all about the same and Gostkowski is about average. Look at the rookie kickers this year, Zeurlein, Tucker, Walsh, Forbath. All great, better than Ghost with bigger legs. Two of them picked rounds 6/7, two free agents.  Pats could have kept Phil Dawson back in the day and been done with it.  Shayne Graham was as good as Ghost when he was here filling in.  It's not a difference making position any more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

on the other hand, he ony lacks seven points from setting an all time Patriots record for points in a season. How bad could he be?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'll go with Steven G.  The worst kicking mistake the pats made was letting Robbie Gould get away.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll go with Steven G.  The worst kicking mistake the pats made was letting Robbie Gould get away.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they weren't cutting Vinatieri loose for Gould or anybody else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If this board is such a bad place to post....perhaps you could just leave? Seek anger help...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Why only Gostkowski? Why not Brady for his BONEHEAD grounding play inside the 10 just before half in Seattle that because of the penalty included the 10 second run-off that ran the few seconds off the clock that would have produced a fieldgoal in a game Pats lost by 1 point....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

AZ was just one loss. Blame the secondary (and coaching staff) for the Seattle loss and Baltimore while we're at it, and special teams and Ridley for the SF loss. There's enough blame to go around. Gostkowski shares in it.  

IMO, kickers have become incredibly efficient across the league.  They're all about the same and Gostkowski is about average. Look at the rookie kickers this year, Zeurlein, Tucker, Walsh, Forbath. All great, better than Ghost with bigger legs. Two of them picked rounds 6/7, two free agents.  Pats could have kept Phil Dawson back in the day and been done with it.  Shayne Graham was as good as Ghost when he was here filling in.  It's not a difference making position any more.

[/QUOTE]

I think the difference making of place kickers comes on the kickoff. When BB moved away from Vinateri it was because it couldn't do kickoffs anymore.

Sections
Shortcuts