Gotta love BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Gotta love BB

Question: How much closer do you sense we are getting to seeing Rob Gronkowski in a game?

Belichick: Day-to-day.

Question: Safe to say he’s making progress?

Belichick: He’s day to day.

Question: As you get more information as to his availability toward the end of the week, how much do you envision that potentially changing any plans or can you just tweak a few things later in the week?

Belichick: I don’t know. I guess that’s a question to discuss at the end of the week, depending on whatever information is or isn’t available, I don’t know.

Question: Do you feel like he’s closer now than he was last week?

Belichick: He’s day-to-day.

Question: How did he look in practice last week?

Belichick: He practiced.

Question: Did he look like –

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Gotta love BB

The answers are spot on.  He IS day to day and he is practicing.  Let's talk when he plays in a game, right?

Reporters....   many appear to not have stood in the "intelligience" line too long when this attribute was being handed out.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Best coach ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

These reporters must live under a rock if they continue to ask BB questions about injuries.....what is it they don't understand?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It's bb standard operating procedure. dont give opposing teams via the media any insight into who may or may not be on the field until absolutely necessary to keep any competitive advantage we may have. I love the way bb the coach approaches these things. Like a true general who understands what battlefield advantage is all about. Agree...best coach and would want no other.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

+1.  The reporters have their job to do, thinking that they can get a scoop but BB plays them well, sometimes tongue-in-cheek!

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Question:  At some point in time, are you going to stop being a dick to us reporters?

Belichick:  I'm day to day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Question:  At some point in time, are you going to stop being a dick to us reporters?

Really that is your response. Have you seen what is happening in the country. The reportes are the dick* with a capital D.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ha, that would actually be very funny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Brady is becoming almost equally as good at it.

This year especially I have listened to him a number of times where he talks a bunch but doesn't even really answer the question.

The ones I love the best are when he starts to talk and realizes he's about to be cornered into saying something he doesn't want to and just stops mid sentence and changes course, creating two incomplete and almost incomprehensible sentences. Ultimately he doesn't even answer the question in most of those cases.

Haha love that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

They are better off asking where is your favorite spot to go Stripped Bass fishing?

If I was was a Reporter I would ask him about the Old Coaches he grew up with, like Allen or Landry. Guy loves the history of the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Question: How much closer do you sense we are getting to seeing Rob Gronkowski in a game?

Question: As you get more information as to his availability toward the end of the week, how much do you envision that potentially changing any plans or can you just tweak a few things later in the week?

Belichick: I don’t know. I guess that’s a question to discuss at the end of the week, depending on whatever information is or isn’t available, I don’t know.

I don't get why people love this stuff... It was kind of funny when he was winning championships. Now he just sounds like a d*nk most of the time. Stop getting out coached in the playoffs and then you can got back to treating everyone like you are better than them.

If this sort of behavior actually gives them a competitive advantage why hasn't it worked since 2004? I don't think it give them an advantage. In fact, I do not think that BB even thinks it does. I just think he hates the press and detests that part of his job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Nice!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I just think he hates the press and detests that part of his job.

I agree with this....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Who cares what he answers and good for him ! reporters are annoying also but want to show they're the victims.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Who cares what he answers and good for him ! reporters are annoying also but want to show they're the victims.

This I agree with. I don't love that BB is that way, I also don't think there is anything wrong with coaches who are more open. It is just their styles. Neither one is right or wrong.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

These reporters must live under a rock if they continue to ask BB questions about injuries.....what is it they don't understand?

Appearently their bosses send them to ask questions and that's their job to ask those questions. I know right, how dear they do their jobs and expect anything from a head coach when BB obviously knows nothing about the day to day operations of the team

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Brady is becoming almost equally as good at it.

This year especially I have listened to him a number of times where he talks a bunch but doesn't even really answer the question.

The ones I love the best are when he starts to talk and realizes he's about to be cornered into saying something he doesn't want to and just stops mid sentence and changes course, creating two incomplete and almost incomprehensible sentences. Ultimately he doesn't even answer the question in most of those cases.

Haha love that.

There is no need to actually divulge anything to them, yet still satisfy them. BB answers them the way he does to be a dick, not to protect information. It all comes from the same place spygate came from. It's Bill writing his own anal law. It's stupid. But the "Bill is an infallible genius crowd" loves it. Those are the same ones who think he craps gold bricks. The rest of us realize it's stupid and unnecessary.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Appearently their bosses send them to ask questions and that's their job to ask those questions. I know right, how dear they do their jobs and expect anything from a head coach when BB obviously knows nothing about the day to day operations of the team

If he did know anything about the day to day, he'd know that his offensive coordinator abandons the run while letting Brady call the shotgun way too often.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I don't get why people love this stuff... It was kind of funny when he was winning championships. Now he just sounds like a d*nk most of the time. Stop getting out coached in the playoffs and then you can got back to treating everyone like you are better than them.

If this sort of behavior actually gives them a competitive advantage why hasn't it worked since 2004? I don't think it give them an advantage. In fact, I do not think that BB even thinks it does. I just think he hates the press and detests that part of his job.

So Brady playing poorly out of nowhere in the AFC Title games or SBs is BB "outcoached"?

Which SBs did Brady play "poorly" in again MEGADUNCE? State them so I can bludgeon you yet again on the subject.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

So Brady playing poorly out of nowhere in the AFC Title games or SBs is BB "outcoached"?

When the SF 49ers went 1 and done from 1985-1987, Bill Walsh wasn't "outcoached". His teams were outplayed by other humans on the field.

Outchoached is when your team doesn't show up prepared and gets blown out early and often. THAT is outcoached.

When I read comments like yours I think about HOF coaches like Lombardi, Brown, Halas, etc, and would be WORSE than how BB handles it. They'd probably be more combative.

It's a mandatory thing, the access used to not be like this and BB is an old school guy. Pretty much, that's it in a nutshell.

BB protecting his team by never calling a player out publicly or being consistent with how he addresses injuries, is him being a good leader, doing what he should do.

It's really not yours, mine or Albie Breer's business how he best sees fit to run the team.

At the end of the day, the players (generally speaking) LOVE playing for him. He's disciplined, but he also is upfront with the players and does not bullsh*t them, which is all I can ask as a fan. And, that's on top of his brilliant GM work and coaching.

I disagree. Too me outcoached is when an opposing coach finds a weakness in your team and exploits to his advantage. Outcoached is when the other team makes better in game adjustments and takes advantage of what you are giving them. The fact is that in both Super Bowls, Coughlin did a better job of gameplanning (slow down the game and the Pats offense) and making in game adjustments (the Patriots were winning at half-time of both Super Bowls).

If your premise is correct that Brady costs them the playoff game versus the Jets in 2010, the second Super Bowl versus the Giants, and then again he cost them the AFC title game last year in the same way. Then I would say that is bad coaching. BB's response was not to dramatically change the offense, but to bring back the OC who started the whole pass-first attack.

I agree that he is a good leader and a great coach, and the way he coaches works for him. My main point is that his coaching style works for him. Other coaches have different styles and are still successful. Being old school is not what makes him a great coach, but it is what works for him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Could not disagree more. The game of football literally was invented on the Civil War battlefields in the 1860s.

It's war.

That's exactly what it is.  So, you want to give the enemy info or something that might be used against you?

No, it's not war. 

This is a game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Could not disagree more. The game of football literally was invented on the Civil War battlefields in the 1860s.

It's war.

That's exactly what it is.  So, you want to give the enemy info or something that might be used against you?

Honest coaches blabbering at the mic, could very easily lost focus and completely say something stupid.

If you just keep to a routine, you can answer the questions 

Denver just Tweeted that Champ Bailey practiced for the first time since August yesterday. Obviously, that is no secret, but why announce things you're not obligated to?

So if that is true, why do organization/coaches who are more open with media keep winning championships? If the Patriots way is the best way to win a Super Bowl, why has it not worked for the last eight seasons?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

This I agree with. I don't love that BB is that way, I also don't think there is anything wrong with coaches who are more open. It is just their styles. Neither one is right or wrong.

It's war.

Honest coaches blabbering at the mic, could very easily lost focus and completely say something stupid.

If you just keep to a routine, you can answer the questions 

Denver just Tweeted that Champ Bailey practiced for the first time since August yesterday. Obviously, that is no secret, but why announce things you're not obligated to?

Now you are over the top again.

Sure coaches do not want to willingly make anything eaiser for the other team but you have heard BB and other coaches all say they prepare for every possible player "until" they know they are absolutely "out".

The reason BB is smart is less about sharing injury info and and MORE about not allowing the media to try and create any possible real OR perceived distractions for the team. 

All it would take is him to say Gronk looks great and then Gronk not play and the media to twist that back into the Patriots and Gronk are back at odds and disagreeing  on when he should play. Even though all he said was he looked great.

That is what the media does. They no longer report news they try to create and make news these days. That is the real reason BB says as little as possible.

Half the players are overly sensitive ego maniacs. The last thing you need to do as a coach is say something innocent and have it twisted so that one of your players is like hey why did you say such and such about me.

I am not saying it has nothing to do with the secrecy toward other teams but, in my opinion, it is less about that and more about not giving the media anything to potentially distort.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Of course it's a game, but it's built on the premise of war.

Err...no it's not.

Sections
Shortcuts