Gotta Love Nink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Gotta Love Nink

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If you're a Patriots fan and you don't like Rob Ninkovich, then you're really not a Patriots fan.  Very good player and epitomizes the Patriot Way. Very happy we have him.

[/QUOTE]

Getting two backbreaking penalties in the Super Bowl is the epitome of a pats player?? He is just as responsible if not more than welker for losing that game but one guy gets a pass and the other gets flayed around here...

[/QUOTE]

You're a Jets fan.  What do you know?

[/QUOTE]

Typical comeback from someone with no response. Keep it up, Dexter Morgan.

[/QUOTE]

I figured a typical comeback from someone with no response would be...no response.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Nope deflection from the topic is the most common tactic used here - the jets fan line seems to be the most popular. Anyone who thinks I'm bustchise at this point, well, to steal a line from Sean Connery in the rock, personally, I think you're a f*ing idiot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He's the prototypical blue collar defender all teams need. The question for me is, how and when should he be used? Personally I would like to see him stand up more as a 3-4 olb. I like him as a4-3 end, but he admitted himself he has to win solely on technique..meaning he doesn't see himself as overly strong nor athletic. A fair self assessment. I would like to see a longer, more quick twitch athlete on the end of the line.

for what it's worth, then PFF crew has him rated anywhere from the 23-33rd best DE in the nfl. 32 teams with lets say 2 starters each = 64. That puts him in the average ranks or near middle of the pack which I think is a fair assessment, 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's the prototypical blue collar defender all teams need. The question for me is, how and when should he be used? Personally I would like to see him stand up more as a 3-4 olb. I like him as a4-3 end, but he admitted himself he has to win solely on technique..meaning he doesn't see himself as overly strong nor athletic. A fair self assessment. I would like to see a longer, more quick twitch athlete on the end of the line.

for what it's worth, then PFF crew has him rated anywhere from the 23-33rd best DE in the nfl. 32 teams with lets say 2 starters each = 64. That puts him in the average ranks or near middle of the pack which I think is a fair assessment, 

[/QUOTE]

That also means he's underrated. He's wildly underrated by our own fans, obviously. I see words like "solid" and I just chuckle. He's above average and his stats rival Vrabel's through his tenure here, in a more difficult era for defenses and less continuity/experience than what Vrabel had.

Sometimes our own fans are blind as bats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't care what anyone says, I am a big Nink fan!  An over achiever who isn't big and powerful, he gets it done with quickens and technique.  One of those guys who plays hard and will work his tail off to do whatever it takes to help the team win football games.  Hard to not like a guy like that.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts on Nink also. He seems out of place as a 4-3 DE and I think he'd be better served as a 3-4 OLB. But the Pats are getting away from the 3-4 and right now he's their best otion at the DE position. Hopefully Smith, Buchanan, or Moore can give Nink and Jones an occasional breather at that spot to increase their effectiveness.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

If you're a Patriots fan and you don't like Rob Ninkovich, then you're really not a Patriots fan.  Very good player and epitomizes the Patriot Way. Very happy we have him.

[/QUOTE]

I dunno.  Just because a Patriot fan doesn't like a specific Patriot player, doesn't mean he/she is not a Patriot fan.  Were you a fan of ocho cinco or haynesworth when they were on the team?

Nink is serviceable, but not great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Plays smart, good motor, works hard, versatile, reliable, but doesn't have dominating physical skills. I like him, but he'll never be disruptive as a pass rusher, elite in pass coverage, or an intimdating force against the run. 

He won't hurt you, though, with dumb mistakes or out of control play.  You can win with guys like him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dunno.  Just because a Patriot fan doesn't like a specific Patriot player, doesn't mean he/she is not a Patriot fan.  Were you a fan of ocho cinco or haynesworth when they were on the team?

Nink is serviceable, but not great.

[/QUOTE]

Did you just use the word "serviceable"? Was Vrabel just "serviceable"?

You are a moron. Vrabel would never have been as successful without being surrounded by those he was surrounded by.

Nink has not had that luxury and goodell wants points to boot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Vrabel didn't disappear in Super Bowls and get turnover AND third down stop negating penalties. You claim Brady and revis are overrated but freak out if someone calls ninkovich serviceable ? Seek help asap

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]

Vrabel didn't disappear in Super Bowls and get turnover AND third down stop negating penalties. You claim Brady and revis are overrated but freak out if someone calls ninkovich serviceable ? Seek help asap

[/QUOTE]

ONLY as long as he plays for a team other than the Pats. Now that he's here, it'll be "a great player""one of the best in the league""yada yada yada" AS LONG as he's playing for BB. Other than that, ANY player is "overrated""me me me" etc

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

nink is very solid, nothing more nothing less. BB knows he's not an All-Pro hence why he's been looking for sub rushers but he also knows that Nink does help a ton too

[/QUOTE]

This basically. He's a good player, but having a pass rusher to swap in and out with him would be a welcome addition.