Grade the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

Grade the Patriots

DISCLAIMER- Some people might consider this generous 

Offense: B- (the offensive live drags this grade down by a lot, but by the end 
    everything was clicking and Tom Brady doing the 2 minute drill= the best)

Defense: C- (our 3rd down defense was terrible, forgot that, we didn't even have a 
    third down defense! Mayo being hurt is also kinda a negative. only by a little though)

Special Teams: B+ (the only real highlight of the night besides Stephen G missing the 
    FG in the beginning)

Coach: B- (now for Belichick, this might as well be an F, some of the play calling just 
    seemed sloppy)

Overall: C+ (I would not want to be a Patriots player tomorrow, when they go through 
    the film and Bill chews them out)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Re: Grade the Patriots

Offense: C ....late third and fourth brough it up from a D. 4 dropped passes, confused routes, brady throwing the rust off, the O line that was bad in the first half.

defense: C alot of bad but improvement as the game progressed. lacking the mvp of thier defense they managed to keep the heads above water. needs work though. needs continued improvement and fast.
    special teams: B some good some not so. least of the problems in this game.

coach: C-....D through 3 and then the lights came on and so did the adjustments. first game, give it time

overall:C they need to improve on almost everything if they want to be an actual participant of the superbowl and not an observer. Doable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

One telling stat, which has been an Achille's heal for the Pats D...  the Bills were 2 - 2 in the Red Zone.  Years ago the Pats were one of the Best D's in the Red Zone.

Once the offense "woke up", look what they did in the 4th quarter.  If they play like this for 4 quarters, watch out!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

In Response to Grade the Patriots:
    DISCLAIMER- Some people might consider this generous  Offense: B- (the offensive live drags this grade down by a lot, but by the end  everything was clicking and Tom Brady doing the 2 minute drill= the best) Defense: C- (our 3rd down defense was terrible, forgot that, we didn't even have a  third down defense! Mayo being hurt is also kinda a negative. only by a little though) Special Teams: B+ (the only real highlight of the night besides Stephen G missing the  FG in the beginning) Coach: B- (now for Belichick, this might as well be an F, some of the play calling just  seemed sloppy) Overall: C+ (I would not want to be a Patriots player tomorrow, when they go through  the film and Bill chews them out)
    Posted by HipHopHooray

I would give them more credit on third down defense they held the Bills to 4/10 which is a pretty good ratio or at least one I will take

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Offense - (C) - They came alive late but looked like the 2006 Patriots offense the first 3 quaters. 

Defense - (B-) - 17 points against T.O., Lee Evans, and Fred Jackson in a hurry up offense? That's really good considering they lost Mayo and they couldn't change personnel. 

Special Teams - (B-) - The Bills' pined them deep every time. 

Coaching - (A+) - Belichick sent his aggresive strippers to get that strip and they got the job done. 

Overall - (B) - The O wasn't even the regular O and they still put up 25 points. If 17 points is what the D is going to give up all year, we look good. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

DISCLAIMER- Some people might consider this generous  Offense: B- (the offensive live drags this grade down by a lot, but by the end  everything was clicking and Tom Brady doing the 2 minute drill= the best) Defense: C- (our 3rd down defense was terrible, forgot that, we didn't even have a  third down defense! Mayo being hurt is also kinda a negative. only by a little though) Special Teams: B+ (the only real highlight of the night besides Stephen G missing the  FG in the beginning) Coach: B- (now for Belichick, this might as well be an F, some of the play calling just  seemed sloppy) Overall: C+ (I would not want to be a Patriots player tomorrow, when they go through  the film and Bill chews them out)
    Posted by HipHopHooray

Man,you guys are a tough crowd to please.4 sacks(should've been 5 but the rough/QB bogus call)Rushing was Jackson for 57 yds.,Edwards 25yds.Receiving,Owens 2 catches/46yds. and Evans 3 catches/25 yds. 4/10 on third down conversions.Only 17 pts given up and made the final stop when it mattered.Not to mention that our secondary tackled well and made some devastating hits. If thats a C-,whats an A?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I'LL Grade them "W" for win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

offense 8 looked good when brady went into a zone at the end of the game, they'll be fine.
    Defense 7 no one emerging yet as a leader on the field but they played reasonably well and had some key stops when it counted.
    special teams 5 kick coverage was great but the missed field goal was huge.
    Coach 7 coached well when it counted but going for it on 4th in the beginning of the game didn't really work out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Today's Grade: A

We won.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: Grade the Patriots:
    Today's Grade: A We won.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

I disagree, A+

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Agreed, we won, without mayo, beats losing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

seriously! who cares...this was a big win, and could be an early season defining moment. handing out grades right now is silly. brady coming back, welker missing the whole preseason, a few new players on offense, and a totally new defense, mayo missing most of the game, and a new offensive coordinator. you have to expect some speed bumps in the first game! but they pulled it together and pulled out a win, just like so many times in the past. i think watson had his best game as a pro and could be ready to break out. merriwether looks really good, TCB was a nice surprise, and burgess started to show up in the second half. and dont forget that at some point we will start to see edelman, brace, chung and pryor contribute. i feel good about this team.
    oh, and maroney still stinks. activate benjarvis!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Posted by HipHopHooray

Lets give Gostkowski a pass on the miss since he was the one who recovered the fumble that set up the win.  You got to love it when your kicker turns out to be a football player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jck1962. Show jck1962's posts

I thought the offense, defense and special teams all started poorly, with the exception of the first kick return, I would give them a D+ for the first half, everybody seemed to improve to like a C in the third Quarter and I think by the end of the game they were all around a B, definitely room and time for improvement, I would say by the fourth game they will be jivin a lot smoother.

Sections
Shortcuts