Grade the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Grade the Pats

Breer mentioned this website in his post today:

http://profootballfocus.com/cstats.php?tab=by_team&season=2009&teamid=19&stats=d&stype=r&playerid=

According to this, our best defenders are Wilfork, Banta-Cain and Merriweather.  Our worst defenders are Burgess, Adalius and Jarvis Green. 

And Maroney is the second worst player on our offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Grade the Pats

In Response to Grade the Pats:
    [QUOTE]Breer mentioned this website in his post today: http://profootballfocus.com/cstats.php?tab=by_team&season=2009&teamid=19&stats=d&stype=r&playerid= According to this, our best defenders are Wilfork, Banta-Cain and Merriweather.  Our worst defenders are Burgess, Adalius and Jarvis Green.  And Maroney is the second worst player on our offense.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

It also says that Stephen neal is as important as Brady and Welker put together.

Seriously, that is an interesting metric, but before I put stock in it, I would need to see how the come to those figures beyond snap counts.

All in all, I see the defensive rankings as far more accurate. TBC has been huge setting the edge and rushing. He does have the achilles heal of being lackluster in pass pro, but he has basically shown up Burgess and Thomas, two guys with much better pedigrees.

Bodden and Meriweather have been huge for Ne as well. Ironically, I have seen Fork get blown off the ball a few times this season. Even though Wright is a bit of a rusnning liability, I think from a pass rush perspective he has been good enough to outweigh that.

I will judge ILBs once they play some more teams that can move the ball. It has been a few weeks since this defense has been challenged at all, as they have spent a lot of time letting people run at prevent type formations.

On offense, Brady has been the key. As he has gone, so has gone the offense. As he gets more in synch, so do they.

Moss has been enormous this season doing a lot of dirty possesion work and blocking. Welker is Welker, he had some hiccups early on, including a dropped 3rd down pass. But he has been money.

Watson has played really well. He has become a very effective blocker for this team, and is getting some TDs now too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I don't think it's saying Neal is as important as Brady and Welker, it's just saying Neal has done the most at his position (I think).  Which is good, because the guy doesn't get enough respect on here, as with Kaczur. 

You mustn't say things like Fork getting blown off the ball.  According to this forum, he makes our run defense invincible, and without him we would have no run defense at all. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

According to that, Mayo has been a well below average player both last year and this year.  There are clearly some confounding factors that prevent it from being completely accurate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

we dont have a run defense,not yet anyways,and burgess really hasnt played many downs.I was glad when we got banta-cain back.I remember talking highly of him,and his possibility of comeing back here,and got blasted for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Grade the Pats:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it's saying Neal is as important as Brady and Welker, it's just saying Neal has done the most at his position (I think).  Which is good, because the guy doesn't get enough respect on here, as with Kaczur.  You mustn't say things like Fork getting blown off the ball.  According to this forum, he makes our run defense invincible, and without him we would have no run defense at all. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my comment on Fork was purely subjective. I have also seen him make some nasty plays in there too. but subjectively speaking, Pryor and Wright have looked as good or better on the whole.

The season is early yet though.

I think Neal is decent, Kazcur is adequate, although he usually ranks very low in running metrics on footballoutsiders.

Metrics are great, I love em, but sometimes they conflict with common sense.

Sections
Shortcuts