Grading Patriots Off-Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Grading Patriots Off-Season

I think we had not a flashy off-season but a very good one.  We still have our core on defense, Meriweather, Mayo, Butta-Cain, Ty Warren, Wilfork, Bodden.  Plus we have lots of younger guys that got some experience last season who hopefully will improve.  It looks like we should have some good competiton at LB, CB, and DL with all of our pickups, and if even though we don't have a franchise pass rusher, I think if we stay healthy (which is key) we can put a pretty solid defense on the field.  

On offense, I love the Tory Holt signing, his work ethic has never been in question, and he produced last season in Jacksonville with an average QB and not much help at WR.  Playing alongside Moss and having Brady through the ball, he could be a huge value pickup.  We've upgraded at TE, if our O-line stays healthy we'll be solid.   The only thing I'm not pleased with is that Patriots RB back depth.  We don't have one major homerun 1,000 yard threat.  We have a solid group, but nothing that will carry the load.     In terms of our 3-5 WR spots, Holt, Eldemann, Tate, the kid from Ohio State, we should be upgraded from last season.   Hopefully Welker returns by week 6 and can still play .  

The AFC is going to be tough this year with the Colts, Jets, Ravens, Chargers, and the rising Houston Texans, but as long as we have Brady, we'll have a shot at winning the AFC.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Re: Grading Patriots Off-Season

Tory Holt was a good signing.  But the Pats have done poorly in this offseason.  Most Pats fans on this board just seem to be content with the status quo, but the Pats should be loading, not rebuilding(whatever that means) during the Brady era.  No pass rusher, no LB help(rookies don't count), not picking up solid RB back help, or adding depth at the WR position.  Holt is good, but the Pats should have added Boldin as well. 

The Pats are going to struggle to win the AFC east this year, and forget a superbowl run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

While I would liked a few more players [ie, Boldin and a bruising back that can churn out yards], the only high profile FA signing the last few years that worked out was Bodden. Moving forward into the summer, I believe there will be an oppty to pick up add'l players to fill in some spots. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I grade it an A

Sections
Shortcuts