Grandma Revis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Grandma Revis

Never mess with granny! LOL Grandma Revis tells the Jest brass where to stick it.
    Oh Leon the summer of discontent is alive  and well in New Jersey.

RSS

Cornerback's contract dispute continues Aaron Wilson

Back in New York Jets' star cornerback Darrelle Revis' hometown of Aliquippa, Pa., they guard his privacy with pride.

And they also have strong opinions about his unresolved contract dispute with the Jets.

That inludes Revis' grandmother, Aileen Gibert.

She's tired of seeing her grandson have to wait to get a big-time contract.

"Darrelle does what he does because he loves it," Gibert told ESPN New York. "For this to be happening to him, it's almost like a slap in the face, because he's not appreciated. ..I know he wants to play, but Darrelle understands contract negotiations. Some players don't get it, but Darrelle can read a contract.

"I think he's comfortable with his decision [to hold out] because he knows what he was told by the Jets and he knows what he's worth. People are trying to portray him as greedy, but he has outperformed his contract. For them to put him in this position is just unreal."

Will Revis remain on his secluded island and sit out the season like his uncle, Sean Gilbert, once did with the Washington Redskins?

"If he does, it won't be because of Sean," Gilbert said. "It'll be because the Jets don't give him a decent contract."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Grandma Revis

They offered your grand baby 120 million, does he really deserve more grandma, c'mon. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Little known fact.. Revis is Cromartie's foster child.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

At least we know where he gets his arrogant, self entitled attitude from. What a fool.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Paying him anything close to 120 million is absolutely foolish. The guy has had one great year ... ONE! The not yets D was so good because of team pressure , team D , sending different guys , from different postions to blitz. IMHO hes overrated for the amount of attention that has been paid to him. I hope they over pay for him , that contract will haunt them for years to come ... And he wants 70-80 million guaranteed ... LMMFAO! We should all be praying for this signing , no DB ever is worth 70-80 million guaranteed. Especially after only having great year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

What does the NFL make a rule that if a player is under contract and sits out then he must play the next year for the same team at the same contract!  Stop all this sitting back and trying to force teams into a new contract . . . players sign and know what they are getting into and should live by their word!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I actually would love to see the Jests sign revis to an insane contract like that, as long as its after week 2. Give him a massive contract and then you can forget about resigning Cromartie and Harris not to mention they would be F'ing up their salary situation once the cap is back. It would be a awesome to watch them crumble when they can't resign anybody while Revis is getting his 15-20 million a year.

They have some massive contracts on their roster, Sanchez with 50 mil, Revis want 120+ million, Ferguson got a ton and so did Mangold. They still need to resign Harris and Cromartie and I believe Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes aswell? good luck with that Jests!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Darrelle does what he does because he loves it," Gibert told ESPN New York. "For this to be happening to him, it's almost like a slap in the face, because he's not appreciated. ..I know he wants to play, but Darrelle understands contract negotiations. Some players don't get it, but Darrelle can read a contract

Couple points here for Granny. First, he plays the game for the money.  If he did it because he loves it, he, like Tom Brady, would be playing the game right now. 
    Second, if Darrelle can read a contract, granny, he would know that he signed a legal agreement and he needs to fulfill his end of the contract. Just because you want more money because you had a good year does not mean you will get it...you have to wait until you sign a new contract.  Also, let's say Darrelle had a bad year.  Would he let the Jets pay him less?  Of course not.  My Darrelle here can read a contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

bad news for the jets, they should have seen this coming. if you hold out with a signed contract the contract should be nullified and the team should get money back they paid up front if any.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

In Response to Re: Grandma Revis:
    [QUOTE]I actually would love to see the Jests sign revis to an insane contract like that, as long as its after week 2. Give him a massive contract and then you can forget about resigning Cromartie and Harris not to mention they would be F'ing up their salary situation once the cap is back. It would be a awesome to watch them crumble when they can't resign anybody while Revis is getting his 15-20 million a year. They have some massive contracts on their roster, Sanchez with 50 mil, Revis want 120+ million, Ferguson got a ton and so did Mangold. They still need to resign Harris and Cromartie and I believe Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes aswell? good luck with that Jests!
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

That makes no sense. Teams can cut a player anytime they want. If the teams don't have to honor the contracts why should the players? It's a two way street.

That being said, no corner is worth the kind of money Revis is trying to get. Secondly the guy is a very good corner. But he is also a little overrated. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Always awesome when Grandma comes to the rescue!