Grantland article on how Erhardt-Perkins offensive system has lead to Patriot domination. Great read.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Grantland article on how Erhardt-Perkins offensive system has lead to Patriot domination. Great read.

In response to RockScully's comment:

No, it's the player playing AS GOOD or BETTER in the postseason. What hockey fan says "I don't care if Tim Thomas plays worse in the postseason"??????

Or Pedro in the postseason.

You BEST players need to be as good or better.  Why is this so hard?

What does this have to do with what Wozzy and I are debating?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Grantland article on how Erhardt-Perkins offensive system has lead to Patriot domination. Great read.

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I mean jesus Belichick has said he cares about 3rd down %.  Is that too advanced of a statistic?

And we lead the LG in 3rd down % this year....coinciding with the FACT that we just barely missed leading the LG in rushing att's.

What is so crazy here? One dimensional pass happy offense= difficult execution in post season.  Offense that can kill you anyway you want it = post season success.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Do you think the O or the D was the stronger side of the ball last year?

Obviously the offense.  And yes the offense underperformed in the SB.  No I don't think it was all on Brady like you do.  Yes I think the defense underperformed as well despite the relatively low point total.  Yes I think this team is better on both sides of the ball.  Yes I think the running game this year has made the offense more versatile.  No I don't think it's as simple as playcalling.

Ok, fair enough. So that means the D performed better within their celiing than the O did.

That's exactly the point we've all been saying.  At least, those of us who aren't in love with Tom Brady to the point we can't see straight.

And how much less scoring than normal would you expect the offense to do in the SB with the guy who scored 1/3 of their offensive TDs being hobbled junior?

No difference? Exactly the same? Their ceiling remained the same despite the guy who scored 1/3 of their TDs being KOd?

Did you expect we would be exactly the same missing the guy who just had one of the greatest receiving seasons in history?

Learn the damn game junior, then get back to us.