Grats on the W

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Re: Grats on the W

In Response to Re: Grats on the W:
    [QUOTE]Wow.  That pretty much sums it up, King.  I guess I always thought that this idiot would in the long run, prove to be a knowledgeable football fan.  A guy who could take it as much or nearly as much as he dishes it out. I couldn't have been more wrong.  Just an angry fanatic with little understanding of this game.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Sums it up? not sure that is a good choice of words.  I guess crusty's rehab stint is over.  If you read the whole novella that crusty posted you have much more free time than I do.  That paper route keeps me busy you know.

Not sure where everyone gets that I am angry.  It was a lost opportunity for a win.  I will take it as fuel for later in the year.  Makes future wins taste that much sweeter.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grats on the W : Sums it up? not sure that is a good choice of words.  I guess crusty's rehab stint is over.  If you read the whole novella that crusty posted you have much more free time than I do.  That paper route keeps me busy you know. Not sure where everyone gets that I am angry.  It was a lost opportunity for a win.  I will take it as fuel for later in the year.  Makes future wins taste that much sweeter.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Look, it's not really that personal. 

Over the years, those who've been on these boards have seen and dealt with so many trolls that it's become pretty commonplace.   There were trolls of all varieties, most of whom couldn't string together two words without stumbling.

The point is, NE fans who have been here for a long time don't perceivenew-era trolls as a legitimate threat.  That's why most of it is just banter, something to pass the time between games.

I don't think anyone thinks you're angry; we've seen our share of angry trolls, and you're not one of them. 

But you have to admit, you generally spend the week talking a lot of smack:  We get it, it's indemic of the team you root for.  And it's not that bad when we realize that those who talk smack can also take it.  But you can't and you don't.  That's why you get so much vitriol passed your way.  If you had just admitted that your team got beat pretty good yesterday, you would've bought yourself a lot of good will. That's what fans do; fanatics whine and bit** about the officiating.

But the shots at Myra Kraft?  Uncalled for and just gross.  Maybe you've never lost anyone before.  Why would you do this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]lol, whatever makes you guys feel better that you eeked out a win at home against an underperforming division opponent.  again, grats on your early season win, I look forward to ending your season again this year. I must have hit very close to home on my comments to stir such anger in some of you : ) you know I post the truth.

But isn't this really about the loss bothering you? Why else would you be making excuses and deflecting? 

Frankly, I don't really care what you say to get folks riled up here, but I call it as I see it. Geting gashed in the run is literally the worst thing that can happen to a defense. It's the earmark of deep structural failures in the personell, or the schemes used to cover other structural failures. The Jets can either defend the run adequately only OR generate pressure adequately. They, it seems, cannot do both as the elaborate blitz packages used to enhance their average pass rushers can be run at easily. 

Your pretense that this isn't a big problem going forward is your problem.

Watch Hamlet ... there is a famous scene where the Gertrude is watching a play unfold that essentially depicts the truth of her own villianous actions, and her complaint is that the play queen "protests too much" too be believable.

That is to say, she puts up a vocal and visible front that gives away her actual anxieties like a waving red flag. 

In short, your protestations give you away my friend. The fundamentals of that game for New Jersey are even scarier than after the much wider loss they took at NE last season. It wasn't poor execution, it was a lack of talent to stop the most fundamental things their opponent did to them ... and it isn't isolated to this game.

These aren't freak turnovers, bad calls, etc ... that team is allowing 25 ppg (9th worst in the NFL) and 135 rushing yards per game (6th worst) and their middling 13th ranked offense isn't nearly enough to compensate for it. 

You should face that reality instead of deflecting the structural flaws of that team onto "bad luck."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I don't think your angry loser WerDerr boy and I mean boy as in child, I think you're in big pain this morning and cannot get over your overrated team's collapse from self anointed SB winner, to third place in the division they said they were going to win this year. 

Okay, so you tell me how your lousy team is going to do what they said and you have said as well, with the stone age personality, Derrick Mason for a receiver, not to mention the solid citizen, "oops I shot myself", Plaxico Burress? These guys are so old, that they were present when the caves at Altimira were painted.  Tough day in the passing game yesterday WeDer, and against the last ranked defense in the NFL.  Yeah and then there's your self anointed best defense, that gave up 152 yards to BGJE and another 300+ in the passing game, not to mention, thirty one points  Your team took two steps backwards in the off season, did not improve via the draft or free agency.  You root for losers now.  Enjoy yourself. 

PS: And just what did happen to that show boat lady Tomlison yesterday? He was real effective, at nothing much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If the whining is about New Jersey's defensive backfield finally being called for their continuous clutching and grabbing, I'd probably have to agree with that. One of the things you look for in officiating is consistency, and the zebras have been letting the Jets -- particularly Revis -- get away with holding for years. It's not really fair for them to suddenly, right out of the blue, start enforcing the same rules everybody else has to play by on New Jersey.

It's a bad omen for Jests fan.

Could it be that they have fallen out of favor with Emperor Goodell?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE] I look forward to ending your season again this year.
    Bwahahaha, you think the Jets are even going toi make the playoffs?  Sure, keep thinking that way, idiot!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

who is talking about myra kraft?  no-one here so why bring that up?

Z--As far as my run defense, we came out to stop your pass and yup, you ran it successfully, on occasion.  that is the most gracious I can be.  You didnt dominate the trenches, you got through for positive yardage on a pass defense.  If you think that will work the next time we meet good luck. You wont control the LOS against my defense and so you wont beat us with any regularity.

Des, you should take a step back and put some things in perspective there buddy.  you been looking for reasons to jump all over me and now it is just a bunch of anger without much thought in your posts. the Jets are 2-3. how about you save some of those pearls of wisdom for us if we miss the playoffs. it is a bit premature to say my team is done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

In Response to Grats on the W:
    [QUOTE]The pats did not impress me one bit and they are not the Superbowl favorites they once were.  [/QUOTE]

Really? A defense that let Chad Henne and three other teams throw for 400+ yards against them held your mighty offense to 166 yards passing and that is nothing impressive? I guess the Jests must be exactly who we thought they were. LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The jets aren't making the playoffs this year. The world will gratefully be spared having to listen to them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grats on the W : But isn't this really about the loss bothering you? Why else would you be making excuses and deflecting?  Frankly, I don't really care what you say to get folks riled up here, but I call it as I see it. Geting gashed in the run is literally the worst thing that can happen to a defense. It's the earmark of deep structural failures in the personell, or the schemes used to cover other structural failures. The Jets can either  defend the run adequately only  OR generate pressure adequately . They, it seems, cannot do both as the elaborate blitz packages used to enhance their average pass rushers can be run at easily.  Your pretense that this isn't a big problem going forward is your problem. Watch Hamlet ... there is a famous scene where the Gertrude is watching a play unfold that essentially depicts the truth of her own villianous actions, and her complaint is that the play queen "protests too much" too be believable. That is to say, she puts up a vocal and visible front that gives away her actual anxieties like a waving red flag.  In short, your protestations give you away my friend. The fundamentals of that game for New Jersey are even scarier than after the much wider loss they took at NE last season. It wasn't poor execution, it was a lack of talent to stop the most fundamental things their opponent did to them ... and it isn't isolated to this game. These aren't freak turnovers, bad calls, etc ... that team is allowing 25 ppg (9th worst in the NFL) and 135 rushing yards per game (6th worst) and their middling 13th ranked offense isn't nearly enough to compensate for it.  You should face that reality instead of deflecting the structural flaws of that team onto "bad luck."
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Been awhile since I've seen a post that is as thought out and well-crafted as this one. Brilliant job, ZB.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]who is talking about myra kraft?  no-one here so why bring that up? Z--As far as my run defense, we came out to stop your pass and yup, you ran it successfully, on occasion.  that is the most gracious I can be.  You didnt dominate the trenches, you got through for positive yardage on a pass defense.  If you think that will work the next time we meet good luck. You wont control the LOS against my defense and so you wont beat us with any regularity. Des, you should take a step back and put some things in perspective there buddy.  you been looking for reasons to jump all over me and now it is just a bunch of anger without much thought in your posts. the Jets are 2-3. how about you save some of those pearls of wisdom for us if we miss the playoffs. it is a bit premature to say my team is done.

You failed to mention the last drive, when everyone in the stadium knew what the Patriots were going to do - run it. 

For some reason or another the Jets had multiple DB's on the field to the start that drive, and the Patriots took advantage and pounded the ball down their throat. 

If I was a fan of the Jets, the coaching and personnel decisions would be concerning at that point. 

However, once the Jets got their run-stopping package on the field, the Patriots were still able to pick up a first down and ice the game. 

Your team was beat at what it prides itself on - running the football with physicality, and stopping the run with physicality. The Patriots consistently did both, and the Jets consistently failed to do either. 

As ZB said, you can continue to blame the loss on a lack of luck, claim that the Jets just had a 'bad game', and get into irrelevant arguments with other posters. But you'd be better off to realize the truth and cope with it. The longer that you lie to yourself, the more stress you as a fan will suffer.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

"You didnt dominate the trenches, you got through for positive yardage on a pass defense.  If you think that will work the next time we meet good luck. You wont control the LOS against my defense and so you wont beat us with any regularity."

We meet...My defense...won't beat us???
    I didn't realize Rex Ryan enjoys posting on BDC? Or perhaps you're a different member of the NYJ coaching staff?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grats on the W : You failed to mention the last drive, when everyone in the stadium knew what the Patriots were going to do - run it.  For some reason or another the Jets had multiple DB's on the field to the start that drive, and the Patriots took advantage and pounded the ball down their throat.  If I was a fan of the Jets, the coaching and personnel decisions would be concerning at that point.  However, once the Jets got their run-stopping package on the field, the Patriots were still able to pick up a first down and ice the game.  Your team was beat at what it prides itself on - running the football with physicality, and stopping the run with physicality. The Patriots consistently did both, and the Jets consistently failed to do either.  As ZB said, you can continue to blame with loss on a lack of luck, claim that the Jets just had a 'bad game', and get into irrelevant arguments with other posters. But you'd be better off to realize the truth and cope with it. The longer that you lie to yourself, the more stress you as a fan will suffer.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

lol.  thank you for your concern about my stress as a jets fan, I think I have given a few years to my team because of it.  I hear your points about my defense.  we are not where we should be and that is certain.  but to say anything more would be wishful thinking on the pats faithful part.  that is really all that I have to say.  You got the W.

Tom Brady is a p o $.  Ask Bridget Moynahan...running off the field like a real p o $.  I am glad that we get another shot at you guys this year just for that fact.  Cant wait to hang a loss around his neck.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grats on the W : lol.  thank you for your concern about my stress as a jets fan, I think I have given a few years to my team because of it.  I hear your points about my defense.  we are not where we should be and that is certain.  but to say anything more would be wishful thinking on the pats faithful part.  that is really all that I have to say.  You got the W. Tom Brady is a p o $.  Ask Bridget Moynahan...running off the field like a real p o $.  I am glad that we get another shot at you guys this year just for that fact.  Cant wait to hang a loss around his neck.

Wishful thinking.....? What wishful thinking.....?

There was no wishful thinking in my post. I simply pointed out the facts, those being that the Jets, throughout the season, have been consistently beaten at their own game. They haven't been able to run the ball consistently, nor have they been able to stop the run consistently. Nothing changed yesterday and the Patriots exploited that apparent weakness yet again.

As for Brady, I personally wouldn't want to confront a group of people who have publicly disrespected me multiple times. He didn't criticize the Jets, or lash back at them - he simply avoided them. Again, I don't blame him for that. Would you like to chat and shake hands with a group of people who have gone to all possible lengths to disrespect and disparage you and your organization?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

WEDAT...You are classless. People with class don't run their mouths regardless of the out come of games. No one here cares what you think. Go to a Jets board. What compels you to post here? You are doing a great job of emulating Toes Ryan. I suspect that of all the things you have done in this world,your leaving it will become you the most.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Of course you dont blame brady for being who he is.  being a man is hard. as for some of you true losers wishing death for me, that is a very telling post for you, more than anything that I can post about my views on the jets or patriots.  I dont blame you, it was probably how you were raised...so give your mom and dad(if you know who he is) a call and ask them why they did such a bad job of raising you right.  get a grip.

wedat... you truely are a loser

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]Of course you dont blame brady for being who he is.  being a man is hard. as for some of you true losers wishing death for me, that is a very telling post for you, more than anything that I can post about my views on the jets or patriots.  I dont blame you, it was probably how you were raised...so give your mom and dad(if you know who he is) a call and ask them why they did such a bad job of raising you right.  get a grip.

Respect is earned. If you're going to call me a "f---ing a---ole", I'm not going to then show you respect. It's common sense. The Jets and their organization didn't show Brady respect, nor did they act and show the maturity of a 'man'. Why should Brady then show them respect?

I personally wouldn't wish death on anyone or anything, but you can't judge a fanbase based on the thoughts of one person. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

So has everyone enjoyed their visit to planet WeDat where the Jets are on their way to another SB run with just a few 'minor tweeks'?

I've got a website for you Wedat...http://www.nflshop.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=716579

Here you will find everything you need to support the NFL team from New York that has a chance of playing in January