Greastest GM and Coach in NFL History has set TB up with his best receiver corp!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Greastest GM and Coach in NFL History has set TB up with his best receiver corp!

Mark this day down as the first day of the greatest QB with his greatest receiving corp in NFL history!!! They will be even better than 2007.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Greastest GM and Coach in NFL History has set TB up with his best receiver corp!

Is this supposed to be a sarcastic thread?  Hard to tell around this place with so many forum trolls here.

I think one or two of the new guys will be good but as a whole, even with Edelman and Danny I don't think it will compare to 2007.  Not even close. 

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Greastest GM and Coach in NFL History has set TB up with his best receiver corp!

I am flattered, I have only been on here a couple of days and I already have a stalker.  I must be doing something right.  I am clearly in creationismsucs head.  It's cute how he follows Harvey around.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll say I think it will be interesting to catch up with this group in a month and a half after Gronk, Amendola and Vareen get back. I like some of the outside talent the receivers bring and as long as we keep winning, I don't mind watching them learn on the job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to creationismsucs's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

I am flattered, I have only been on here a couple of days and I already have a stalker.  I must be doing something right.  I am clearly in creationismsucs head.  It's cute how he follows Harvey around.

Phat virgin/Bustchise/section136/fatsam/whodeawhodat/Bungalo Bill/patriot rain/Uncle Rico...all the same moron, who troll for the same team, the NY Jets who SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

COMPLETELY OWNED!!!!

I'm in your head, stalker.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'll say I think it will be interesting to catch up with this group in a month and a half after Gronk, Amendola and Vareen get back. I like some of the outside talent the receivers bring and as long as we keep winning, I don't mind watching them learn on the job.

I was thinking the same thing--Imagine a lineup with Gronk-Amendola-Edelman and the two rookie outside WRs and Varren in the backfield--WOW--this could be something if we can get them all on the field!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Phat virgin/Bustchise/section136/fatsam/whodeawhodat/Bungalo Bill/patriot rain/Uncle Rico...all the same moron, who troll for the same team, the NY Jets who SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

COMPLETELY OWNED!!!!

I'm in your head, stalker.

COMPLETELY OWNED!!!!

I live inside your head!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I was thinking the same thing--Imagine a lineup with Gronk-Amendola-Edelman and the two rookie outside WRs and Varren in the backfield--WOW--this could be something if we can get them all on the field!

If we could just get everyone back on the field for a late season run we could take it all!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I live in all of your heads!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Is this supposed to be a sarcastic thread?  Hard to tell around this place with so many forum trolls here.

I think one or two of the new guys will be good but as a whole, even with Edelman and Danny I don't think it will compare to 2007.  Not even close. 

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Nope, not sarcastic at all. If it was I would have used my sarcastic font. And you are probably right, there is no comparison. This receiving corp has three people that can stretch the field which is way better than 2007. They have a slot receiver that is better than in 2007, The TE's will be better once Sudfeld settles down and Gronk comes back. They have multiple backs that can catch which is much better than 2007. You are right, not even close!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Nope, not sarcastic at all. If it was I would have used my sarcastic font. And you are probably right, there is no comparison. This receiving corp has three people that can stretch the field which is way better than 2007. They have a slot receiver that is better than in 2007, The TE's will be better once Sudfeld settles down and Gronk comes back. They have multiple backs that can catch which is much better than 2007. You are right, not even close!

Sorry but I pretty much disagree with everything you say here.  You base everything on speculation.  Gronk isn't even back yet and you are counting on him picking up where he left off early last season?  Our other TE's haven't done anything.  Welker had a great first season in 2007, Amendola has been on the field 1 game and Edelman isn't in the same class.  The rookie wr's while they have the ability to stretch the field have not done so, yet. Moss could all day long.  The skill set of Moss, Welker, Stallworth and even Gaffney were much better at that stage of time then a bunch of rookies in their first season.  Could this group be better, possibly but they certainly aren't yet, not even close and I don't see it happening this season. 

No comparison to 2007.  I laugh even as I type this reply. 

Can this team get on the same page and make a big push in the playoffs, sure!  If everyone can get and stay healthy and continue to improve.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I don't mind watching them learn on the job."'

Sure, but that's because we're winning. The road gets tougher. We can afford a loss or two but we're darn lucky to be 3-0 with this team of greenhorns. 

That said I am happy as heck we are 3-0 and these guys have a lot more game experience than they did. In some ways this is better than Gronk and Amendola being healthy - for now. Make these guys learn, and fast. 

Bolden made Rusty look good this week..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sorry but I pretty much disagree with everything you say here.  You base everything on speculation.  Gronk isn't even back yet and you are counting on him picking up where he left off early last season?  Our other TE's haven't done anything.  Welker had a great first season in 2007, Amendola has been on the field 1 game and Edelman isn't in the same class.  The rookie wr's while they have the ability to stretch the field have not done so, yet. Moss could all day long.  The skill set of Moss, Welker, Stallworth and even Gaffney were much better at that stage of time then a bunch of rookies in their first season.  Could this group be better, possibly but they certainly aren't yet, not even close and I don't see it happening this season. 

No comparison to 2007.  I laugh even as I type this reply. 

Can this team get on the same page and make a big push in the playoffs, sure!  If everyone can get and stay healthy and continue to improve.

[/QUOTE]

That's ok TFB12, I don't agree with anything you say either since everything you say is also based on speculation that everything and everybody is worse than they really are.

I would rather have a receiver like Amendola that catches the important passes than a Welker that drops them. And the skill set of  "Moss, Welker, Stallworth and even Gaffney" are not as good as the rookies and Amendola. They had more experience but not  better skill sets as a whole. The rookies are bigger, faster, quicker and run more routes. They will also be together longer than 2007 guys were so there will also be more cohesion than with the 2007  guys.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That's ok TFB12, I don't agree with anything you say either since everything you say is also based on speculation that everything and everybody is worse than they really are.

I would rather have a receiver like Amendola that catches the important passes than a Welker that drops them. And the skill set of  "Moss, Welker, Stallworth and even Gaffney" are not as good as the rookies and Amendola. They had more experience but not  better skill sets as a whole. The rookies are bigger, faster, quicker and run more routes. They will also be together longer than 2007 guys were so there will also be more cohesion than with the 2007  guys.

That is fine, you don't have to agree with me it's my opinion and you have your opinion.

You aren't even sure Amendola will be on the field for the playoffs yet you would take him over a productive player like Welker?  Funny, the Rams pretty much showed him the door to get him out of there so they could make room and welcome in Tavon Austin. 

Let me get this straight....  Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney from 2007 were not better then who is here now?  Are you serious?  Moss is a first ballot HOF, Welker when all is said and done will have some HOF stats, Stallworth could get separation even as of last season.   You are living in a fantasy world.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

That is fine, you don't have to agree with me it's my opinion and you have your opinion.

You aren't even sure Amendola will be on the field for the playoffs yet you would take him over a productive player like Welker?  Funny, the Rams pretty much showed him the door to get him out of there so they could make room and welcome in Tavon Austin. 

Let me get this straight....  Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney from 2007 were not better then who is here now?  Are you serious?  Moss is a first ballot HOF, Welker when all is said and done will have some HOF stats, Stallworth could get separation even as of last season.   You are living in a fantasy world.

[/QUOTE]

Moss is a hall of famer for what he did with the Vikings, for the Pats he ran go routes, Stallworth, go routes. Gaffney, not as talented as either Thompkins or Dobson but ran more than go routes. Welker, great receiver unless the pressure is on.  I would rather have Amendola who has caught every important pass thrown his way so far. He will either catch that pass in the playoffs or he won't be there to drop it.

Funny, you using the Rams as a judge of talent. How many playoff games have they won recently? Now THAT is living in a fantasy world!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Moss is a hall of famer for what he did with the Vikings, for the Pats he ran go routes, Stallworth, go routes. Gaffney, not as talented as either Thompkins or Dobson but ran more than go routes. Welker, great receiver unless the pressure is on.  I would rather have Amendola who has caught every important pass thrown his way so far. He will either catch that pass in the playoffs or he won't be there to drop it.

Funny, you using the Rams as a judge of talent. How many playoff games have they won recently? Now THAT is living in a fantasy world!

You will probably need the team to go undefeated, win the SB and break their scoring stats for 2007 to prove your point.  One thing you have going for you is they have not lost yet.  They might need to start putting some big numbers on the board to catch up with the scoring from 2007.

I'm sure every team's goal during the season is to go to the SB.  Apparently the Rams didn't feel that they needed Amendola to try and make it there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I don't think we have an awesome group right now, but give me Gronk,Amendola and Vereen healthy and more experience to the rookies, and we will have a unpredictable offense, that's the key to beat top defenses

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

You will probably need the team to go undefeated, win the SB and break their scoring stats for 2007 to prove your point.  One thing you have going for you is they have not lost yet.  They might need to start putting some big numbers on the board to catch up with the scoring from 2007.

I'm sure every team's goal during the season is to go to the SB.  Apparently the Rams didn't feel that they needed Amendola to try and make it there.

[/QUOTE]

All they need to do is win the Superbowl and they will be better than the 2007 receivers. I really don't care about stats and don't think stats are the proof of greatness. Wins on the other hand are proof of greatness. Stats are for Peyton Manning teams, not the Pats. As a wise man once said "stats are for losers!"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

All they need to do is win the Superbowl and they will be better than the 2007 receivers. I really don't care about stats and don't think stats are the proof of greatness. Wins on the other hand are proof of greatness. Stats are for Peyton Manning teams, not the Pats. As a wise man once said "stats are for losers!"

No a SB win alone won't prove they are better, come on now.   So you are saying the 3 Patriots SB winning teams all had a better wr group then the 2007 wr group?  No they didn't, that's just plain silly!   Do you understand that the 2007 team was 1 game away from possibly being the greatest team ever?  A lot of that had to do with the WR's.  These WR's are far from that, sorry.  And you know what.. the greatest players ever are in the HOF, you tell them stats don't matter.  LOL!!

BTW, your original post said greatest receiving corp in nfl history.  Do you mean even better then Rice, Taylor, Brent Jones? How about Art Monk, Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders? How about Holt, Bruce, Hakim and Proehl? How about Moss, Carter and Reed?  We could go on and on with great wr corps.  Kind of had to take you serious after your silly greatest ever comment.

Sections
Shortcuts