Great article by Gasper!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Great article by Gasper!!

OK take a deep breath---read the article--- another deep breath and prepare to ENJOY and be surprised by this team!!!

http://www.boston.com/sports/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

Re: Great article by Gasper!!

signed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadentro. Show seadentro's posts

I think it is a stupid idea to think anyone would want the '07 season again. Ended in absoulute disaapointment. It he point to any of the championship years it would make more sense. Why does he think there is any fondness for the '07 season. Scrutiny over spygate, losing to the Giants...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I think the intent of the article was to say calm down they'll be OK. He also references the 06 season as being close to what's going on now and they went 
    12-4. 

Relax

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Great article by Gasper!!:
    OK take a deep breath---read the article--- another deep breath and prepare to ENJOY and be surprised by this team!!! http://www.boston.com/sports/
    Posted by NEGAME

Hey GAMER!!!! Raining like hell here in Philly area today! How is it in Carolina? I am still bummed by the Denver game. I watched it again on NFL Network and counted 11 bad throws by my Man Brady to wide open or open receivers for the game. Three throws were sure fire TDs. I cannot believe how poorly he plays almost EVERY time we play the Donkeys. THIS would be a great day to replace BB with your chaps picture!!!!!!!!!!  Hint! Hint!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Yes, great article.

I feel much better with the prospect that the Pats will play in the 1st round if they make the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Best article I have read in a long time, all kinds of people coming in here trying to suggest new ideas on what the pats should do but really all we need to do is give them some time. Things will work out and pieces to the puzzle will start to fix. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I was not encouraged by this article. 

1) I am not comparing this team to 2007.  I am comparing them to '01, '03, '04, '06 and '07 combined.  This team is not as good as any of those.

2) I just don't see Brady playing too well for this season. Too many negative factors to overcome. Maybe next season.

3) This team lacks all the spirit of those teams.  It reminds me of '00.

4) I do not see any easy fixes to any of these problems.  Other teams have faced such challenges this season and are doing well, such as the Giants, Broncos and Colts.  I don't think most of these problems will heal with repetition, practice or time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Great article by Gasper!!:
    I was not encouraged by this article.  1) I am not comparing this team to 2007.  I am comparing them to '01, '03, '04, '06 and '07 combined.  This team is not as good as any of those. 2) I just don't see Brady playing too well for this season. Too many negative factors to overcome. Maybe next season.   3) This team lacks all the spirit of those teams.  It reminds me of '00. 4) I do not see any easy fixes to any of these problems.  Other teams have faced such challenges this season and are doing well, such as the Giants, Broncos and Colts.  I don't think most of these problems will heal with repetition, practice or time.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Wow, so are you saying they don't make the playoffs? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Great article by Gasper!! : Wow, so are you saying they don't make the playoffs? 
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I would say 50/50 so far.

They are right in the middle of the pack of contenders as it looks today. 

There is a pretty solid chance that at least one wild card will go to the North.  With the Ravens, the Pats have the tie-breaker.  But if the Ravens win the North, it is possible that the Pats finish behind both the Steelers and Bengals.   If the Chargers overtake the Broncos as the season progresses, we lose a tie breaker to the Broncos.

I don't think we can say they have better than a 50/50 chance beating Jets and the Fins in those remaining games.  These three teams look very evenly matched.  

The Pats could wind up looking through the door window to the play-offs with a good record, but no spot, just like last year.

If the Pats lose one of the next three games (Titans, Bucs, Fins), only to face the Colts on the road thereafter, they probably will be 5-4.  Would you expect a 5-4 team to grab a play-off spot? 

Now consider that the only soft games remaining on the schedule would be the Bills and Panthers.  The Jets have a very soft schedule.  That may give them just enough advantage to push them past the Pats and Fins. They will probably win the East.  The Fins' wild cat is a headache for this Pats team.  The Pats have not handled the run well, and frankly, Chad Henne looked bettter than Brady last week.

I read that the Pats have the 3rd-toughest schedule in the NFL.  If true, it only adds to the challenges they are already facing.

I want them to win, but I am not donning rose-colored glasses. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I was not encouraged by this article.  1) I am not comparing this team to 2007.  I am comparing them to '01, '03, '04, '06 and '07 combined.  This team is not as good as any of those. 2) I just don't see Brady playing too well for this season. Too many negative factors to overcome. Maybe next season.   3) This team lacks all the spirit of those teams.  It reminds me of '00. 4) I do not see any easy fixes to any of these problems.  Other teams have faced such challenges this season and are doing well, such as the Giants, Broncos and Colts.  I don't think most of these problems will heal with repetition, practice or time.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

WRT the Giants - they are undefeated against teams that have a combined total of 6 wins. Just exactly what have they overcome? An easy schedule?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Injuries and receiving changes.

But yeah, cushy schedule so far.  I hope it softens them in the play-offs.  How DID they get such a soft schedule if they were a high seed in the play-offs last year?  Why did the Pats get such a tough schedule when they did not even make the play-offs?

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts