Great Articles on Brady/Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Great Articles on Brady/Pats

Here's a terrific article on the "Terrific One": http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20101213/sports/712149715/

Here's a great article on how the Pats have exceeded expectations this season: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_bill_reynolds_13_12-14-10_ECLFCI6_v3.2c30c18.html

Here's are some cold, hard football facts showing that Brady is the best QB of his era: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3529_Debate_is_over%3A_Brady_the_best_in_all_seasons.html

If any of you come across any other good articles, please post them here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Great Articles on Brady/Pats

Thanks TP. Here's a good one.

"Since Cleveland, the Patriots are averaging 425 yards of total offense per game. The 2007 team averaged 411.": http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1303004&format=text

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Loved the Cold Hard Football Facts article and the old one where they compared Manning's chokes against Brady's clutch performances.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

Xmas wish list

To BB:

Please give Tom Brady a No 1 receiver and running back for the first time in his career.

Not knocking former and present Patriots players but just think what he could have done with any TOP ones anyone could think off (eg Fitzgerald, Peterson)

Do you think he would be throwing to Caldwell who dropped a sitter in 2006 and handing off to Maroney who danced through the aisles.

If Santa or Bill grants this wish the Pats will be virtually unbeatable till Brady retires.

Pats have plenty of money to grant this wish and bet there are some good one in free agency 2011.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I think Brady would rather have a top DE and OLB more. He can already score every time he gets the ball. I'm sure he would really enjoy getting the ball more often during a game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In order to keep this message board fair and balanced here is a contrary article.  I don't really agree with most of this (particularly the cheating part), but there are some facts that can't be denied.

Warning this link could cause severe physical and mental ramifications for Homers who are incapable of looking at both sides of an issue!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/227149-tom-brady-is-not-great-he-is-simply-over-rated

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

In Response to Re: Great Articles on Brady/Pats:
    Thanks TP. Here's a good one. "Since Cleveland, the Patriots are averaging 425 yards of total offense per game. The 2007 team averaged 411.": http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1303004&format=text
    Posted by digger0862

Yes, the Cleveland game was a wake up call.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In order to keep this message board fair and balanced here is a contrary article.  I don't really agree with most of this (particularly the cheating part), but there are some facts that can't be denied. Warning this link could cause severe physical and mental ramifications for Homers who are incapable of looking at both sides of an issue!!! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/227149-tom-brady-is-not-great-he-is-simply-over-rated
    Posted by knightsailor

This was a good thread with all good articles, until school let out and this young tyke Knightsailor got home and ran to his computer to add his .02 cents! Knightsailor go away nobody likes you or any of your lies and phantom sources!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In order to keep this message board fair and balanced here is a contrary article.  I don't really agree with most of this (particularly the cheating part), but there are some facts that can't be denied. Warning this link could cause severe physical and mental ramifications for Homers who are incapable of looking at both sides of an issue!!! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/227149-tom-brady-is-not-great-he-is-simply-over-rated
    Posted by knightsailor

I looked at this link and read about half way.  The tip off came early on when he brought up "cheating".  From then on you knew how biased and bs he was.

Yes, Brady is a "system passer".  So?  Would you want to travel down I-95 in a Model-T?  The game has evolved.  The game is now to "find the open man", not to "throw it as far as you can".  The Pat "dink and dunk" are designed plays to get to a player who is open and can then run for extra yardage.  YAC (yards after the catch) is NOT a negative.  It is a result of the play being designed -- AND EXECUTED -- so that there WILL be yards after the catch.

That writer HAD to be either a New Yorker or from Indy.

People, don't waste your time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

I think Brady would rather have a top DE and OLB more. He can already score every time he gets the ball. I'm sure he would really enjoy getting the ball more often during a game.
    Posted by rtuinila

My #1 on the wish list has nothing to do with RB, DE or OLB.  My #1 on the wish list is to sign Mankins for a long-term contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by knightsailor

And what are these "facts"?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Great Articles on Brady/Pats : I looked at this link and read about half way.  The tip off came early on when he brought up "cheating".  From then on you knew how biased and bs he was. Yes, Brady is a "system passer".  So?  Would you want to travel down I-95 in a Model-T?  The game has evolved.  The game is now to "find the open man", not to "throw it as far as you can".  The Pat "dink and dunk" are designed plays to get to a player who is open and can then run for extra yardage.  YAC (yards after the catch) is NOT a negative.  It is a result of the play being designed -- AND EXECUTED -- so that there WILL be yards after the catch. That writer HAD to be either a New Yorker or from Indy. People, don't waste your time.
    Posted by sheldong

No, I think after reading the main article and the many responses the author made in the comments, that its pretty clear the guy is a Steelers fan - which explains the irrational nature of his arguement

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Posted by knightsailor

Sir - are you Ron Borges in disguise? Are you still mad that BB cut Drew Bledsoe and you lost your source with the Pats and had to resort to writing fiction for the Globe?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I looked at this link and read about half way.  The tip off came early on when he brought up "cheating".  From then on you knew how biased and bs he was."

Yea, I too, got to about here:
    "Not, for posterity's sake at least, until Tom Brady leads his Patriots to a Super Bowl championship in the post-cheating era of New England Patriots football."
         ~knightsailor's garbage article of "facts"
    ...and realized that IF this is his best starting thesis, the rest must be fantastic b#llsh#t...

So honestly, counting the 2007, 2009, and 2010 season's where Brady's been under center, Tom Brady has been the QB for W-L record for NE, of 38-9...this is good, right?  So, what the author of the article's essentially sayin' is, IF Asante Samuel holds on to the INT instead of it sailing through his hands, Or IF Vrabel and/or Seau (I believe), tackles Eli Manning instead of letting him squirm out of their grasps, THEN Tom Brady WOULD be a bonafide legitamite "Great Quarterback".  Yup, makes sense ta me...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Great Articles on Brady/Pats : And what are these "facts"?
    Posted by BBReigns

I guess the facts were that alot of 2 yard passes with loads of YAC can make a Good QB look like a divine being.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

" I looked at this link and read about half way.  The tip off came early on when he brought up "cheating".  From then on you knew how biased and bs he was ." Yea, I too, got to about here: " Not, for posterity's sake at least, until Tom Brady leads his Patriots to a Super Bowl championship in the post-cheating era of New England Patriots football ."      ~knightsailor's garbage article of "facts" ...and realized that IF this is his best starting thesis, the rest must be fantastic b#llsh#t... So honestly, counting the 2007, 2009, and 2010 season's where Brady's been under center, Tom Brady has been the QB for W-L record for NE, of 38-9...this is good, right?  So, what the author of the article's essentially sayin' is, IF Asante Samuel holds on to the INT instead of it sailing through his hands, Or IF Vrabel and/or Seau (I believe), tackles Eli Manning instead of letting him squirm out of their grasps, THEN Tom Brady WOULD be a bonafide legitamite "Great Quarterback".  Yup, makes sense ta me...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I keep forgetting that there is only one person on the team, and that coaching cap management and system are irrelevant.

The team is the car.  Brady is the driver.  BB is the pit boss, the head mechanic, and the conductor.  Take the winning driver of any car race and put him in the losing car and he does not win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Tom Brady would make any team instantly better and get more wins for that team....PERIOD

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Great Articles on Brady/Pats : I guess the facts were that alot of 2 yard passes with loads of YAC can make a Good QB look like a divine being.
    Posted by knightsailor

Kid, we've seen him hit Moss for bombs in 2007.   You aren't fooling anyone.

This offense is simply set up differently than that one, which allows the WRs to generate YAC.

It's a flat out STUPID premise. I could see if Brady didn't have the best regular season of all time, stasitically in a different offense, but clearly, that is not the case, since it actually, you know, HAPPENED?

Give it up.

People like you look more dumb than you appear to be scrambling around trying to formulate a premise to disparage how incredible Brady really is.

Get some attention elsewhere. Find a woman, or a man, etc, and at least one hobby you enjoy that has nothing to do with the computer.

Thanks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Brady was 20 and 5 at Michigan with a Bowl victory. The knock on Tom coming out of college was his body build. Teams thought he was to much of a project. Well he's proven everyone wrong hasn't he?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Dear Dumbo,

Of course a SB ring is the goal.

But clearly, if Brady had the toys Manning has had his whole career in a dome, he'd have the stats that showcased longer passes or longer TD passes.

Your premise with trying to pretend shorter passes is somehow a worse approach, when it is ironically more conducive to winning SBs, totally contradicts your last statement about not winning the SB in 2007.

You can't win here because Brady has had both. He's had the gaudy stats with long throws and the gaudy stats and SB rings.

Are we up to speed here?  Good.

Like I said, you look completely stupid scrambling around as a poseur Pats fan here looking for ways to pretend Brady is not arguably the best ever or THE best QB of all time.

This is like saying a hummer from Traci Lords isn't good because she's done it too many times.  Terrible premise.  Absolutely terrible.

What's next? Proclaiming Brady didn't marry a hot enough wife and he has long hair, so it slows him down in the pocket?  Or he doesn't get high enough QB ratings in blizzards against NFC teams? lol

From the Manning v.s. Brady ESPN comparison earlier this year, to the ridiculous claims like yours and others, time is running out. Big time.

This ain't going away anytime soon, so I'd suggest you sit back and be humbled as a fan of a loser team until he retires.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

knightsailor, not entirely sure what your issue is but you've clearly got a problem with Brady; that piece you linked in your first post in this thread was strictly from desperation-ville.  I'd truly be interested in your list of QBs in the league who read defenses better than TB (just one aspect of this 'system' QB that sets him apart). 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

I love that on one of the comments on i think its the second link from projo, theres, a guy named Mr smith or something talking about how Defense wins superbowls, and that smoke and mirrors only last so long, id like to tell him that in most games we get up by quite a margine and start playing prevent defense and thats were we give up most of our yards. but i dont think he listen anyways. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Knightsailor the clown bashing Brady again?  Say it ain't so?  That never happens!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

can't even believe you faggs are new englanders.  You let a California pretty boy come over here on his mommies coat tails and now you worship him?  It's fukkkin lame.

this statement sir earns you an ignore forever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Great Articles on Brady/Pats : Harley, Yup, he's better than most of the other drivers, but he's driving the best car.  Put him on the Eagles?  Put him on the Raiders?  Put him on the Chargers?  Put him on the Colts?  Put him on the Falcons?  Who knows?  We have never seen him in another car.  His performance in his university car earned him being picked in the 6th round.
    Posted by knightsailor

Since you are the expert on all things Tom Brady I am sure you know that a big part of his time at Michigan was on the bench because Lloyd Carr was infatuated/being held hostage by Drew Henson - one of the most overrated "athletes" in recent college history - who never played a down in the NFL and never made it out of the minors in baseball - even though he was thought to be can't miss by all the experts - Henson threatened to leave Michigan if he wasn't starting - Brady was the better player but it didn't matter  - truthfully this situation is probably the best thing that ever happened for Brady as it put a chip on his shoulder that has never left - to this day he plays with an edge you can't teach

Knightsailor - your incessant hating on Brady would make some sense if he was a prima donna - like Brett Farve, Peyton Manning  - but Brady has been and still is the anti-thesis of a prima donna - he is a driven, team first leader who makes the players around him better  - New England fans are very lucky to have lived in this era of the team - you, Knightsailor, strike me as being too young to remember the bad days in Patriots history, the Rod Rust and Dick Mcpherson eras, where this team couldn't beat the state 5-a champs

Knightsailor - this is my last response to your nonense about Brady - I personally don't idol worship any player of any team I route for, but I know greatness when I see it  - clearly you do not

Sections
Shortcuts