Great Boyce analysis

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Great Boyce analysis

Thats a nice article and breakdown. Lets hope the other 2 rooks can make it back soon so he can be a complimentary peice. He is still a little raw and drops passes but he will be needed down the stretch to make plays. Good to have other options but im not sure how much Brady looks his way once Dobson comes back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm sure, if not for all the injuries, BB would still have him on the inactive list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Great breakdown, thanks for posting.

boyce could be a key cog in the offense going forward. I hope the Cleveland game was a watershed moment for him, and now he is ready to contribute like most of us could see based on his potential. 

If thompkins and Dobson are ready, where do you think that leaves Boyce? Does bb ride the kid, or does he drop back on the depth chart? He clearly offers a different skill set than thompkins and Dobson. I see him, his skill closer to Edelman in that he is quick and dangerous in the open field.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I think all the rookie receivers have improved.- which has been rare around here. Who knows maybe next year Brady has three really good young receivers to throw to

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Good article and I hope it's right but I have to argee with TCal, Boyce has been on the inactive roster because he simply hasn't been ready. Now I hope he takes advantage of this chance he's been given because of injures but he might need some seasoning. Though a couple of flashes he has show something special. Lets hope he can do it consistently moving forward

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fidd. Show Fidd's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have said many times, if all are healthy Thompkins is the odd man out. 

Agreed.

I like K.T. but I think we've seen what he is.

It's a tough transition from college to pro to begin with. That transition is more difficult for WR's, DB's, projected OLB's imo. You have teams that run a "pro style offense" or varistions of it and then you have teams that will run the same 10 plays all year.(obviously a joke. Although teams like the 'Skins and Texans, who basically run the same system, seem to think its ok to do just that in 2013 lol. Go figure their in the lottery)

D.Thomas is a good example of someone who didnt even approach running the route tree in college. It took until his 2nd year in the NFL to show signs of becoming a legit WR. Now he's one of the most dangerous, versatile WR's in the league. Running slants, post and comebacks, go's etc with ease. He can take a bubble screen (which he has become one of the best in the league at) 50-60 yards like Randy Moss used to. Point is it takes time, coaching, reps at practice and a bit of luck to make it. Its not easy.

On to Boyce. The biggest problem I saw him having was his speed believe it or not. Or how he didn't/couldn't utilize in the short/intermediate passing game. Which rules the day in a Pats or Broncos offense. Also the Pats pride themselves on having smart WR's who can not only run every route, but be able to break away and adjust if a play doesnt develop as according to plan. Boyce has stuggled with both in the past. Its obvious he's improved in not only that area but his overall game. I'd love to see him play a bigger role going foward, taking reps away from K.T.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm just here to say Thompkins sucks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

BB did a pretty decent job with these young WRs, like them all. Boyce really looked great Sunday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The last two games he played in he excelled in a limited role. You can't say a rookie sucks when they are forced by circumstance to do more than they are capable of

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

The last two games he played in he excelled in a limited role. You can't say a rookie sucks when they are forced by circumstance to do more than they are capable of

Actually KT has shown alot of capability this season.  Winning catch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

He has shown more than Taylor price or Brandon Tate or... The list goes on

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

There are roles for all of the wrs. Especially without Gronk.

you cannot teach speed

These guys all have shown some skills, are they the total package?

Nope

It's McDs job to scheme plays and call plays that put these guys in the 

Right position to make plays, any of them can make a game changer. None of them have to carry the load.

Along with da, JE and vereen, and a few spot plays from mulligan and the fb we have a chance

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He has shown more than Taylor price or Brandon Tate or... The list goes on

Thank god. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Actually KT has shown alot of capability this season.  Winning catch

it helps when Tom puts the ball right in the perfect spot! but i do actually like Kt for a udfa he's a STEAL right now

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

I pray to God that Incredelman will re-sign (fingers crossed).  We need him for his PR alone!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think Edelman has played himself onto another team next year. Obviously Amendola will be here, but there is unfortunately always the issue of how much will he contribute due to missed games. So the pats will be looking for Boyce/Thompkins and a Collie like player to step up next year and fill that void Of Edelman plus Amendola missed games. I could see down the road Dobson and Boyce as the 1 and 2 with Amendola in that 3rd WR role to manage his snaps/health. 

There are some here who saw the Wes-Amendola-Edelman as genius ( well one guy did, and he is always wrong). There are always 2 sides to Every decision. The number 1 trait BB treasures is reliability. Let's face it, that is not Amendola. The number 1 trait Brady treasures is familiarity. It has taken him 3-4 games to get back in sync with Amendola. In addition, I realize it takes 2 to tango, but think BB is kicking himself for not going 2-3 years on Edelman? 

Hopefully it's not too late to extend him at some point.  YOu gotta give the guy a raise.  He hopefully will take it.  He has shown some durability this year  (knock on wood).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Dobson is solid for a 2nd rounder.

Boyce is looking good for a 4th rounder.

Thompkins looks like a steal for a UDFA.

Edelman looks like the best FA pickup in the league at $1m.

Amendola looks like a bust for $6m. If he's injured, it would mean he'll need to prove himself next year. If he's not injured, he needs to restructure contract or be released. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The shake Boyce gave the corner on the third drag route was sick, I'm glad he's finally able to see the field, as Rusty says it had a lot to do with him being injured to start the season.  He fills a huge hole at the kick return spot as well.

Dobson, Thompkins, Boyce, Edelmen... I thought BB couldn't draft WR's?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Amendola is doing fine.  He will get better as he devlops a connection with Brady. Edelman will be gone next year.  No way they spend money on the WR position. 
    Boyce will be his replacement.  Thompkins scares me when he catches the ball.  Seems to catch on his hands and juggles it.  Needs to let it lead into his body.  Dobson will be good once he can stay healthy

Sections
Shortcuts