Great defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

Great defense

nice fantasy for the bonehead who thinks that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATFN83. Show PATFN83's posts

Re: Great defense

How is Sergio Brown an NFL player?? Might as well have Sergio Garcia back there in coverage. Guy is a joke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

In Response to Re: Great defense:
    [QUOTE]How is Sergio Brown an NFL player?? Might as well have Sergio Garcia back there in coverage. Guy is a joke.
    Posted by PATFN83[/QUOTE]I was thinking maybe Sergio Mendes.

Didn't Brown play significant time on one of the worst Notre Dame teams in recent memory?  I understand the difficulty of building depth, but if that "depth" doesn't even belong in the league then it's just a complete waste.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Pats cheapness in defensive backfield costs them another game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gatech34. Show gatech34's posts

how can anyone stick up for that garbage defense? Its either penalties, busted coverage, or bad tackling that kills us. The Pats D is the WORST in the league. If they had played Green Bay it would of been a straight massacre. We can't beat decent teams and IF, thats a huge IF we make the playoffs, be ready for another 1st round elimination. If I was Bob Kraft I would have a serious talk with Bill about why his defense is CRAP. I would pay to witness that conversation. Bill Bellicheck has kept the same crap defense since 08. He has done nothing to make it better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

BB's arrogance is getting the best of him, he needs help on D big time.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sergio Valente

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATFN83. Show PATFN83's posts

ESPN.com reported after the game that Serigio Brown did not understand how he could be called for pass interference on that final play! Really Sergio??? Are you that stupid??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATFN83. Show PATFN83's posts

I meant final drive. Oh well whatever.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATFN83. Show PATFN83's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great defense : Could the ball have been caught without PI?
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATFN83. Show PATFN83's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great defense : Could the ball have been caught without PI?
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

In the judgement of the official, apparently so

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Good thing our D is bailing him out, because we probably lose against NY and Dallas.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

What the he11 are you talking about Rusty. They scored 30 points against NY and the defense forced no turnovers. How is that bailing Brady out?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I thought the defense played very well all game. Including the last drive when Eli scored. I put the last scoring drive on the coaches. Poorly, poorly called alignmnet. They should have been sending the house against Eli that entire series.
    Instead, the revert to playing soft and trying to keep the Gints infront of them. Didn't work.

This one is on Brady AGAIN, and terrible coaching on that last game winning drive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]I thought the defense played very well all game.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Obviously. They were nothing short of OUTSTANDING for most of this game. They saved Brady's bacon on a few occasions but when he finally started putting up points they struggled. Go figure

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The offense was downright pitiful except for a few rays of light. This makes me wonder if Brady still has "it". He seems unBrady like the last 3 games. INT's, panic, not sharp passing, etc. What the heck is going on with number 12?

THe defense put the Pats in a very good place the entire 1st half, and most of the 2nd half. They had a few lapses, bad penalties and blown coverage, but overall, I thought played a lot better than in weeks past.

Again, for the life of me, why the heck didn't BB send the house at Eli and make him throw off his back foot? When you give a QB time like that to connect downfield against a poor secondary, expect good results.

And, please, can we find someone to return kickoffs not names Woodhead? We are absolutely flat on ST's other than maybe Slater and a few others.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I thought the defense played very well all game. Including the last drive when Eli scored. I put the last scoring drive on the coaches. Poorly, poorly called alignmnet. They should have been sending the house against Eli that entire series. Instead, the revert to playing soft and trying to keep the Gints infront of them. Didn't work. This one is on Brady AGAIN, and terrible coaching on that last game winning drive.

i dont like playing from fear ("prevent" to avoid losing) or drafting from fear, tade down get 100 picks at lower rounds, both of which bb seems to favor.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The offense was downright pitiful except for a few rays of light. This makes me wonder if Brady still has "it". He seems unBrady like the last 3 games. INT's, panic, not sharp passing, etc. What the heck is going on with number 12? THe defense put the Pats in a very good place the entire 1st half, and most of the 2nd half. They had a few lapses, bad penalties and blown coverage, but overall, I thought played a lot better than in weeks past. Again, for the life of me, why the heck didn't BB send the house at Eli and make him throw off his back foot? When you give a QB time like that to connect downfield against a poor secondary, expect good results. And, please, can we find someone to return kickoffs not names Woodhead? We are absolutely flat on ST's other than maybe Slater and a few others.

re:
    Again, for the life of me, why the heck didn't BB send the house at Eli and make him throw off his back foot? When you give a QB time like that to connect downfield against a poor secondary, expect good results."

how can you know that, i know that and any halfway smart football person know that and bb not know that. philosophical position to "avoid losing" i call playing from fear. often doesnt prevent a score, but makes it easier.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: Great defense : What the he11 are you talking about Rusty. They scored 30 points against NY and the defense forced no turnovers. How is that bailing Brady out?
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

What?

What NY game? The Jets?  Brady threw an INT before half. Another example of failed red zone execution.

Enough defending awful play by our offense. You can't change what we saw.
    In Response to Re: Great defense : What the he11 are you talking about Rusty. They scored 30 points against NY and the defense forced no turnovers. How is that bailing Brady out?
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

What?

What NY game? The Jets?  Brady threw an INT before half. Another example of failed red zone execution.

Posted by CaptainZdeno33

What?

"Enough defending awful play by our offense. You can't change what we saw."

Rusty, you are right we can't change what we saw. The D can't tackle, pressure the QB at critical times and the secondary is terrible.

The O can and should be playing better but your expectations of the O are way too high and your expectations of the D is way too low.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The defense blows, it has no play makers at all. No one to step and make that big play. Chung had his chance on the last drive but failed. He should've crushed Ballard. Yeah TB has'nt been great but this defense is bad front to back.

Sections
Shortcuts