Great News: No Fumbles By Ridley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Great News: No Fumbles By Ridley

I know I'm probably the biggest RBW (Ridley Ball Washer - to use Rusty terms here) on this board, and TFB had mentioned it on another thread that he hadn't heard of any Ridley fumbling and neither have I.

Remember it was like the first two days of camp last season we heard (some saw) Ridley fumbling before the full pads even came on and the issue continued throughout august practices and of course, into the season.

This is a great sign. Last season, by the end of the year, his ball handling style has dramatically different with the 'high and tight' hold on the ball and it didn't seem to affect his running in the Buf or Ind game. Granted those were VERY small sample sizes, but it still looked a lot better and he seemed more confident.

If Ridley can hold onto the ball this season, I doubt see any reason why he couldn't our produce what he did in 2012 with the 1200 yards and 12 TDs.

Hopefully the new carrying style is working for him I really like this kid and love this work ethic and attitude. He really fits the Patriot Way off the field (outside of wearing 1zies) and is well spoken. and I love his running style.

I'm expecting a big year from him which will help the pass O a ton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Great News: No Fumbles By Ridley

Dude, no offense but it's like 4 days into camp.  It doesn't really mean anything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dude, no offense but it's like 4 days into camp.  It doesn't really mean anything.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously, but this time last season Ridley was fumbling the ball, so its atleast better

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obviously, but this time last season Ridley was fumbling the ball, so its atleast better

[/QUOTE]

Well, I seriously don't recall him doing it in camp much last year or in preseason. As much as I like the kid as a a player, he needs to improve that aspect and his pass receiving.

Sounds like James White got drilled in camp today a la Rodney Harrison laying out Troy Brown back in 2003. He held onto the ball, which is a good sign.

One thing I will be watching in preseason games is how low White gets with his pads coming through the line. Vereen does a nice job with it, but he doesn't have White's larger body balance. White has big legs and his body weight should allow him to keep low and absorb the contact through the line easier.  Ridley runs a bit too high still for my liking which is why he fumbles at terrible times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

5th practice in it was already an issue last TC:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4745886/observations-from-fifth-practice

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We are two days into contact, I don't know if I'd read anything into it. I've read some nice things on White - again it's only two days with pads - but there was an article saying that Ivan Fears loves the kid, and he has done nothing to change that opinion. I guess he has looked good running and receiving...been able to easily bounce plays outside, find stuff inside and has broken off the longest runs at camp. We shall see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

5th practice in it was already an issue last TC:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4745886/observations-from-fifth-practice" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4745886/observations-from-fifth-practice

[/QUOTE]

lol

I believe tomorrow is the 5th practice.  Wouldn't it be funny if he fumbled in the next practice?

Sections
Shortcuts