Great News on Ty Warren

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Great News on Ty Warren

What I just read is a story about a guy who cannot be bought when it comes to his dedication to fulfilling a humble dream for he and his loved ones, YET a guy who's driven, and proud, and has huge pride on the football field...  Hope this cancer is a training camp cut before he starts affecting our pro-bowl Offensive Lineman.  Sounds like a real j#rk.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That is great news. TA&MU is a great University with good people, and he should be proud of his degree. 

I am also really glad to say he is feeling great, and positively enthused that he has a little bit of arrogance. NE needs more players with pride to lead the way on field. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

He hasn't really played well since getting that big contract, so it'd be a huge boost to go back to the ty warren that could stuff the run and put some pressure on the qb. I'd still be very cautious about contributions from him since he didn't play at all last year and has only gotten 2 yrs older since he last played a down. 

Not to be an jerk, but if someone is paying me millions of dollars to perform up to a big contract then I'm going to be at the offseason workouts. It's heart warming that his great grandparents are smiling down at him, but that doesn't help the patriots when Landon Cohen is playing NT bc they need to move Vince to end. The truth is Warren has NOT performed for a while, and it's silly to give this guy a free pass because a multi millionaire wants a degree instead of getting in shape for a season. This a guy that was decimated by injuries at the end of the '09 season and didn't play a down last year, and he needs to be on the field to help this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Again, not trying to sound like a jerk but Brady gets blasted for visiting his kids in the offseason while Warren seems to get a free pass. It doesn't make sense given that Brady has performed while warren has been MIA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ty Warren was a force before three injuries. They are all bad luck injuries. 

The fact that people ride Tom is insane in itself. But it doesn't mean that they should get on Ty's case. 

Groin tear (2008), ankle injury (2009), hip injury (2010). Such is life in the trenches, and very, very few of these guys up front go through a career without missing a couple seasons, and often times back to back.

I couldn't care less if he misses a workout for a good reason. 

I would like to see him healthy for a change, which is another matter entirely. Because when he is healthy he makes this defensive line a lot better. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Totally agree. He's hugely important, which is why I'd love him to be in top shape. I don't really buy that he needs to miss workout to get a degree though. There are some pretty good schools in MA that accommodate people who work for a living. If that's really the end goal (and this is how the story is framed), then he doesn't need to miss any workouts at all. Obviously there are other reasons for him staying near A&M, but I just want to see this guy as a force again and not on the IR. He's just too important, especially after Seymour left. Although some of his injuries are bad luck, I've noticed a drop off in play prior to any injury. Either way, you need to perform and overcome injuries (see Brady and Seymour). 

In Response to Re: Great News on Ty Warren:
    [QUOTE]Ty Warren was a force before three injuries. They are all bad luck injuries.  The fact that people ride Tom is insane in itself. But it doesn't mean that they should get on Ty's case.  Groin tear (2008), ankle injury (2009), hip injury (2010). Such is life in the trenches, and very, very few of these guys up front go through a career without missing a couple seasons, and often times back to back. I couldn't care less if he misses a workout for a good reason.  I would like to see him healthy for a change, which is another matter entirely. Because when he is healthy he makes this defensive line a lot better. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

College is stupid.  Americans waste so much time and money on education.  Get out in the real world already.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I thought the hip injury had been there all along and Warren finally said enough and got the thing fixed.  That would explain the lack of high play that he did before the series of injuries.  Groin pulls ain't fun though and that would put a damper on anybodies day. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

In Response to Great News on Ty Warren:
    [QUOTE]Ty Warren on degree, comeback May, 11, 2011 By Mike Reiss Patriots defensive lineman Ty Warren will walk in graduation ceremonies Friday at Texas A&M, fulfilling a promise he made to his late grandparents as well as his parents. Warren's pursuit of his degree, which including passing on a $250,000 offseason workout bonus in 2010, is highlighted in a story now posted on ESPNBoston.com . "It could be a big smile on my face or it might be tears of joy," Warren says of what he expects Friday. "It's a big accomplishment for me." Meanwhile, Warren reports that he is feeling great, setting himself to make a big impact for the Patriots in 2011. "I feel good enough where I could contend, even though I'm not that high profile of a guy, for a comeback player of the year [award]," he says. "I think I can have that type of season. When I'm healthy, I feel like there's nobody better than me at '5' technique [left defensive end]. I feel that good, and to return back to that form, that's where I feel right now."
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Awesome news, NOW GET TO THE QUARTERBACK!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

I hope he's ready because I think he's on the bubble if he gets hurt early. It's a nice story but reality is he hasn't been healthy. I love Warren but he has to stay on the field...saw a good website 60maxpowero.com..they have some good stuff...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Great News on Ty Warren:
    [QUOTE]Ty Warren on degree, comeback May, 11, 2011 By Mike Reiss Patriots defensive lineman Ty Warren will walk in graduation ceremonies Friday at Texas A&M, fulfilling a promise he made to his late grandparents as well as his parents. Warren's pursuit of his degree, which including passing on a $250,000 offseason workout bonus in 2010, is highlighted in a story now posted on ESPNBoston.com . "It could be a big smile on my face or it might be tears of joy," Warren says of what he expects Friday. "It's a big accomplishment for me." Meanwhile, Warren reports that he is feeling great, setting himself to make a big impact for the Patriots in 2011. "I feel good enough where I could contend, even though I'm not that high profile of a guy, for a comeback player of the year [award]," he says. "I think I can have that type of season. When I'm healthy, I feel like there's nobody better than me at '5' technique [left defensive end]. I feel that good, and to return back to that form, that's where I feel right now."
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]this somewhat concerns me. he could go to school AFTER his career or during the lockout. he should have prioritized working out and so forth! like brady since gissy. get civilized on ur own time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]College is stupid.  Americans waste so much time and money on education.  Get out in the real world already.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Really? I guess you won't mind seeing a Doctor that has never been to college. Or go into a building designed and built by real world people. My point is that there are some professions that require a higher education. Now before you call be a college boy i joined the Army at 19 and served 24 1/2 years and got an AA at night. The other problem is our kids used to graduate highschool with the ability to read and write at at high level, now not so much. By the way my son is graduating from NAU in Flagstaff AZ friday and  I am very proud of him!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Could be another reason Bill was not so quick to draft a defensive end.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'm happy for Warren on multiple levels....followed through on a promise 7 got his degree...looked long term at his hip injury & decided to get it fixed so he wouldn't be gimpy year in & year out....is excited  to play great & is rehabbing himself to be ready for the season & his role in the front 7....Pats D is much better with a healthy Warren in it!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Great News on Ty Warren : this somewhat concerns me. he could go to school AFTER his career or during the lockout. he should have prioritized working out and so forth! like brady since gissy. get civilized on ur own time.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

NAH...if it was a promise he made to his family that keeps lurking at the back of his mind, it was better for him to get it out of the way.

Also, imagine the fear he felt going through three injuries and not knowing if he can get back on the field. Or him realizing that one more mishap on the field could suddenly completely stop his football career. At that point he probably needed a backup plan, for peace of mind, just in case football did not work out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great News on Ty Warren : Really? I guess you won't mind seeing a Doctor that has never been to college. Or go into a building designed and built by real world people. My point is that there are some professions that require a higher education. Now before you call be a college boy i joined the Army at 19 and served 24 1/2 years and got an AA at night. The other problem is our kids used to graduate highschool with the ability to read and write at at high level, now not so much. By the way my son is graduating from NAU in Flagstaff AZ friday and  I am very proud of him!!!!!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

Doctor?!?  Please raptor, I used to tear the house up at Operation.  When I got the wishbone card, I was like, "Watch a f#ckin' masta at play."  Didn't even own the game or nothin'...just a natural.  And lmao, I ain't even hittin' ya with my Lincoln Logs skills...kids down the block thought I should go pro.  No challenge for me though. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Anyone else on this board get paid 4 million per year to earn their degree? I'm sure said degree will come in handy when he retires and becomes one of the fifteen thousnd talking heads on ESPN. Sorry, but when you decide not to get your hip fixed in the off season so you can go to class - then walk into training camp with it about to let go and it does after ten minutes - you're not the type I'd count on. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Exactly what I was saying. The only time he misses the offseason program he misses an entire season. Hmmmm. He also talked about how busy he was in playing dad and going to school, but I don't remember him saying that he also worked out 5 hrs a day to keep in shape. Hopefully he's motivated this year and can be a difference maker again, but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

[QUOTE]Anyone else on this board get paid 4 million per year to earn their degree? I'm sure said degree will come in handy when he retires and becomes one of the fifteen thousnd talking heads on ESPN. Sorry, but when you decide not to get your hip fixed in the off season so you can go to class - then walk into training camp with it about to let go and it does after ten minutes - you're not the type I'd count on. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotPickinPeyton. Show NotPickinPeyton's posts

[QUOTE]College is stupid.  Americans waste so much time and money on education.  Get out in the real world already.

Spoken like someone who didn't get college handed to him, or couldn't survive it when he did.

Sorry, but I would rather have My Dr go to college before he treats me... My nuclear engineer know something about fission before running Yankee Point, and  My Lawyer have a clue about the legal system BEFORE he is defending me against any charges.

Although I know that college is not the end all be all... I also know it has it's place.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

If Ty can come back and just be the great run stuffer that he is? Man our defense will be good.

If he brings along a pass rush then just added bonus, but he has to stay healthy. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Guys, his hip was an ongoing thing from back in 2009 & he played as well as he could along with other alements....he took off training in the 2010 preseason to see if he'd heal enough to not have to get his hip worked on & while he was taking the summer workout off he followed through on his degree...by the time the season came around he still wasn't better so he & Bill B. decided it was best to get the operation & take 2010 season off so he'd be good to go 2011....he just happened to  be able to get his degree durring that down time killing two birds(degree/operation) with one stone....I see absolutly no problem at all with what he did....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

It has its place for those people that want to pursue those jobs.  But now a days kids are pressured into going to college even if they dont have a clue what they want to do.  My friend has an accounting degree and he's an EMT... wasted 20-30 grand and 4 years of his life because he thought he was supposed to go to college.

It has its place though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great News on Ty Warren : Really? I guess you won't mind seeing a Doctor that has never been to college. Or go into a building designed and built by real world people. My point is that there are some professions that require a higher education. Now before you call be a college boy i joined the Army at 19 and served 24 1/2 years and got an AA at night. The other problem is our kids used to graduate highschool with the ability to read and write at at high level, now not so much. By the way my son is graduating from NAU in Flagstaff AZ friday and  I am very proud of him!!!!!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

Actually I think most of the health care problems in America would be solved if the practice of medicine were open to anyone.  Law too.  The whole licensing thing is just a scheme by the universities and elites to get money and control.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great News on Ty Warren : Actually I think most of the health care problems in America would be solved if the practice of medicine were open to anyone.  Law too.  The whole licensing thing is just a scheme by the universities and elites to get money and control.

Why not throw engineers and architects in there too?  Let anyone build a bridge or a skyscraper.  What could possibly go wrong? 

Sections
Shortcuts