Great News on Welker!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Great News on Welker!

I don't want to go too far overboard on this, but Wes Welker is supposedly mending ahead of schedule. The NFL Channel showed a few quick clips on him today...and he looked like he was able to make cuts without difficulty. Some are speculating that he'll be ready for opening day: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/06/wes-welker-remains-ahead-of-schedule/

Welker should not be rushed back. The Pats must keep in mind that he is a fierce competitor...and perhaps should hold him back a bit as a precautionary measure.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Great News on Welker!

In Response to Great News on Welker!:
         I don't want to go too far overboard on this, but Wes Welker is supposedly mending ahead of schedule. The NFL Channel showed a few quick clips on him today...and he looked like he was able to make cuts without difficulty. Some are speculating that he'll be ready for opening day: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/06/wes-welker-remains-ahead-of-schedule/      Welker should not be rushed back. The Pats must keep in mind that he is a fierce competitor...and perhaps should hold him back a bit as a precautionary measure.  
    Posted by TexasPat3

Yeah Tex I've been following his situation as close as can be and I still think we put him on the pup before training camp. It is the safe move. At the same time it is AMAZING watching this guy's comeback. Brady's knee injury was terrible and for him to come back and lead us to the playoffs was amazing, but WW is defying all odds as a guy who literally mmakes his living on "cutting" all over defenders. His resilience should be an example for the new guys on the team as well as us fans.
    Huge locker room presence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

This is fabulous, what a great comeback he is making.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

If you believe all the press and pubs it's all for not. According to ..well.. EVERYONE.. the Pats should just mail it in this year cause they have no chance. The jets are apparently some sort of wrecking ball poised to shred any and all takers. Seems they will walk through the division leaving carnage in their wake. The Phin's have also scaled mount Olympus and are clearly the second choice in the East. That leaves the Pats and Bills fighting fore table scraps. 

BTW.. did you know that we just lost: Vrable, Bruischi, Harrison and Seymour.. Silly me thought it has happened over the past three years. and aparently all four were playing the best football of their career. Don't get me wrong.. LOVE all these guy's. But they retired!!! For a reason.. and BigSey needed a change. Anyway

Despite all the injuries and new faces the Pats were dealing with last year.. And were still able get 10 wins. They are expected to take SEVERAL steps backwards this year. No playoffs for for new England.. 

SORRY... Needed to vent.. I've been listening to this BS for months now and I'm tired of it. I do drink the cool aide and wear rose colored glasses but I try to step back and be objective. And my objectivity is telling me that the Pats are poised to make another run. Lets review after Thanksgiving (BB's barometer) and see how thing develop.  NOT afraid the Jets at all.. Miami and Buff will be swept..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Sorry Rusty Trombone but if he's back, all the better. That way, if the Jets beat the Pats in week 2, one of your standard "excuses" will be for naught,although you would find some way to work in "rehabbing" or "healing" into your diatribe. So TB is now a full year past his injury that you used last year. I guess his ribs will be the new one when he doesn't perform up to expectations. And the "rebuilding" one...I won't even go there because it's just too amusing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Great News on Welker!:
    Sorry Rusty Trombone but if he's back, all the better. That way, if the Jets beat the Pats in week 2, one of your standard "excuses" will be for naught,although you would find some way to work in "rehabbing" or "healing" into your diatribe. So TB is now a full year past his injury that you used last year. I guess his ribs will be the new one when he doesn't perform up to expectations. And the "rebuilding" one...I won't even go there because it's just too amusing
    Posted by RipFace

Hey S##tFace!   No excuses when it comes to playing either the JustEndTheSeason greenies or the Phins....division games are always tough. We are just tired of hearing the same crap about a team that hasn't done ANYTHING since 1969....nothing personal...we just respect results. I KNOW we will split with the Phins....not so sure about your boys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Oooh, another Brady lover. Do you also have a TB blow-up doll like Rusty??? If you think he doesn't use excuses CONSTANTLY you are seriously mis-informed. If it's not "rebuilding" it 's Polian, it's Goodell, it's injuries, it's whatever. For once it would be nice to hear, "they beat us" WITHOUT any other comments. When he comes out with that, it'll be a major revelation. However, I am not counting on it since no team can ever beat his true love TB straight up. There is always some reason involved in the mighty Patriots losing, the examples above the most common

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Oooh, another Brady lover. Do you also have a TB blow-up doll like Rusty??? If you think he doesn't use excuses CONSTANTLY you are seriously mis-informed. If it's not "rebuilding" it 's Polian, it's Goodell, it's injuries, it's whatever. For once it would be nice to hear, "they beat us" WITHOUT any other comments. When he comes out with that, it'll be a major revelation. However, I am not counting on it since no team can ever beat his true love TB straight up. There is always some reason involved in the mighty Patriots losing, the examples above the most common
    Posted by RipFace

Ummm, and what are the reasons for the Jests losing for the past 41 years? Oh yeah, they're just consistently bad!!! But wait ... ONCE AGAIN they've won the off-season Super Bowl! No team in history even comes close to the Jests in that category. Maybe if all you big-mouths would actually win something first before you start spouting off someone would respect you. Of course that would actually take some CLASS ... which is nothing that a Jest fan would be familiar with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I don't want to go too far overboard on this, but Wes Welker is supposedly mending ahead of schedule. The NFL Channel showed a few quick clips on him today...and he looked like he was able to make cuts without difficulty. Some are speculating that he'll be ready for opening day: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/06/wes-welker-remains-ahead-of-schedule/      Welker should not be rushed back. The Pats must keep in mind that he is a fierce competitor...and perhaps should hold him back a bit as a precautionary measure.  
    Posted by TexasPat3

The fact that he can and will play again is enough for me. Can't help but pull for a guy like Wes. Sounds like second half of the season he will be playing for sure, that is the right timing and he will had a lift. In the first half we get to see what other receivers can add and hopefully find a nugget in there we can build for the future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Posted by RipFace

J.E.T.S  S.U.C.K.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Posted by RipFace

is this rippedanewoneintheface aka patshats aka walrdork aka underroos?

that is the important question of the day...  so which one is it??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Not that my opinion matters, but seeing as how you mentioned other Patriot fans as a way to back yourself up, MVPkilla, I thought I'd pipe in. I can't reference other threads, but I didn't see what russgris said in the way of making any excuses. So in response to an obvious Jest troll he mentioned playing a healthy Patriot team. How in hell is that making an excuse? That's just a reality. I think it's rather sad for you to take the side of a troll who's obviously just trying to stir up trouble rather than have an honest debate? DipFace was insulting the whole Patriot fanbase by saying we always make up excuses when the team loses. Every fan looks for reasons why their team loses a game, whether right or wrong, but that's far different from the accusation made. And coming from a member of the most delusional fanbase in the world, it's actually comical. Yet you defend him. Why?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I could have written a post that would have put all of you to shame, and stopped this silly argument but I injured one of my typing fingers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Fair enough, MVPkilla. As I said, I was only referencing this thread. I don't post often, but I'm a Boston fan through and through. I have no problem with other fans wanting to talk and debate reasonably, but I just don't understand this troll trash talking culture. Boston.com gives them more leeway than any other site I've seen. I've seen RipFace post a couple of times and they were very insulting. I took his comments to be directed at all Boston fans. I also don't cut any slack because once in a while he feels like being reasonable and respectful. If he wants to talk trash at any point I don't feel he deserves any respect at any time. I have no issue with either you or russgris and I didn't like seeing a troll stirring up trouble like he did and, of course, never showing up again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

I could written made a post that would have put all of you to shame, and stopped this silly argument but I injured one of my typing fingers.
    Posted by shenanigan

Huh!!! I guess it would have also meant having to put together a coherent sentence!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Great News on Welker! : Huh!!! I guess it would have also meant having to put together a coherent sentence!
    Posted by capecodwilly

That was the bad finger, not my fault.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Aw, c'mon now ... don't make excuses!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

Cautiously optimistic Tex! Be nice when WW gets back on the field. Still could see some precautionary measures taken with Wes. Rather to see him miss a few games and be available for the rest of the season then vice-versa.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Last I checked there are still only 16 games in a regular season and everyone of them is important.  Hell we went 11-5 two years ago and didn't make the play-offs.  If he's ready game 1 he goes game 1. 

He's a football player and football players play football.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Those clips have been circulating since before July even began this year, I'm surprised a few of you haven't seen them before. Despite what Wes Welker showed at minicamp practices, the common projection right now is still a spot on the P.U.P. list. I think of it as a safe bet, while Bill works to play with the roster and whatnot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

If he's ready to go week one, you play him. I don't agree with this "hold him back even if he's cleared" talk, if he's medically cleared and practicing, you play him. Every game in the NFL is extremely important, struggling out of the gate with our schedule while a healthy Welker Texas Ranger is on PUP does us no good. The doctor's know best, if they say he can play then he should play!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

Oh ya, and off topic, $10 mil a year for 'da Brick? Oooooh, I can't wait for the salary cap to come back so we can watch the Jests fill their roster with undrafted free agents while 5-6 guys take up most of their cap room, gotta love free-spendin' Sexy Rexy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by RipFace

Please show us where Brady has used excuses with sites. I can, and will be happy to, provide you with sites to all of the Peyton whines.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Posted by RipFace

I don't want to continue this argument but don't you think that the NJ media will be all over Marc Sanchez's surgically repaired knee if he falters out of the gate? What about if he starts throwing more INTs than TDs? I'm just saying that you can take it to the bank that Sanchez's surgically repaired knee will be a constant source of excuses for Jets fans all season long. They got Palmer, Manning and Brady so what makes you think some Kemo Von Olhaven clone Kowon't come in and test your boy Sanchez's surgically repaired knee. Kobra Kai - sweep the leg! Someone is going to try it and I hope its not the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts