Great NFL logo redesigns...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Great NFL logo redesigns...

Found this on bleacher report, they're designed by a Max O'Brien for his website Ospreydawn and I like 'em. NFL teams should give this guy a look, looks better than 90% of the current logos in the NFL. 

Here's a look at The entire AFC East redesigned. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Great NFL logo redesigns...

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X4

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Still, it looks sweet. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I like everything about it except the Casper body.

Much better than the guy with the flag flowing out of the back of his head!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I am sure he is trying to mirror the flag ripple but the Casper thing was funny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I love the Pats one and the Jets one is real nice

Drew Brees is good, Aaron Rodgers is better, Peyton Manning is even better, but Tom Brady is the best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LOL!!!

I like the Bills and Dolphins one, not so much the Pats one.  The Jets is kind of silly with the bent wing making the J.

But the Falcons is pretty cool.

Cool site.  Thanks for posting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Found this on bleacher report, they're designed by a Max O'Brien for his website Ospreydawn and I like 'em. NFL teams should give this guy a look, looks better than 90% of the current logos in the NFL. 

GIANTS?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

GIANTS?

Click on the blue In my post, it's a link.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

thanks...not too keen on Giants one

GIANTS?

Click on the blue In my post, it's a link.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Looks good, but I think it's too complex for small screens.  Increasingly, logo designers have to take into account that their logos have to stand out and look good when displayed on both very large and very small spaces.  An NFL logo needs to look good at centre field (large format) and also on a smart phone screen (very small format) When the NFL redesigned its sheild logo a few years back, one of the changes they made was reducing the number of stars (and other small design elements) so that the design would show better on small screens.  With hi-def screens that's maybe not quite as much of a concern, but things like smart phones still don't have a lot or real estate for designers to crowd with subtle details.  Simple and bold works best.  

Personally, I'm not crazy about the Pats logos (old or new)--but my objection is the face . . . I don't like logos to look too much like "real" people, whether it's that guy in the Pat Patriot logo or Elvis in the new logo.  I'd have the same problem with this suggested logo.  I'd prefer some kind of symbol.  Whatever the design, I think it should be red, white, and blue, and incorporate six stars, with a star representing each of the New England states.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I kind of like the Pats on but I think they need to bump the flag up a bit (who holds a flag at the bottom of the actual flag?) and can't end the guy  like casper but I like the general concept.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Very creative use of graphics to simulate letters.  Well done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Patriots' logo is so-so. I really like the Falcons' one above.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Couldn't agree more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Looks good, but I think it's too complex for small screens.  Increasingly, logo designers have to take into account that their logos have to stand out and look good when displayed on both very large and very small spaces.  An NFL logo needs to look good at centre field (large format) and also on a smart phone screen (very small format) When the NFL redesigned its sheild logo a few years back, one of the changes they made was reducing the number of stars (and other small design elements) so that the design would show better on small screens.  With hi-def screens that's maybe not quite as much of a concern, but things like smart phones still don't have a lot or real estate for designers to crowd with subtle details.  Simple and bold works best.  

Personally, I'm not crazy about the Pats logos (old or new)--but my objection is the face . . . I don't like logos to look too much like "real" people, whether it's that guy in the Pat Patriot logo or Elvis in the new logo.  I'd have the same problem with this suggested logo.  I'd prefer some kind of symbol.  Whatever the design, I think it should be red, white, and blue, and incorporate six stars, with a star representing each of the New England states.

You should do a couple and post them. You do some really good stuff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Here is the original flying Elvis (proto Elvis) logo that almost became the new logo, but a vote at halftime during a game in September 1979, the fans voted on keeping Pat the Patriot.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6004/5980960695_8f8fe8041c_o.png

In 1993 when Bob Kraft bought the team a college student Ken Loh designed the new version of the flying Elvis that we have today.  Here is his initial concept of a more streamlined soldier with a flag flowing off the back of his head..

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6004/5979387152_d535ef3eae_o.png

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack the thread.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Here is the original flying Elvis (proto Elvis) logo that almost became the new logo, but a vote at halftime during a game in September 1979, the fans voted on keeping Pat the Patriot.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6004/5980960695_8f8fe8041c_o.png

In 1993 when Bob Kraft bought the team a college student Ken Loh designed the new version of the flying Elvis that we have today.  Here is his initial concept of a more streamlined soldier with a flag flowing off the back of his head..

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6004/5979387152_d535ef3eae_o.png

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack the thread.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

I was at that game in September of 1979, lol. I remember being mad that the old logo was being trashed. I didn't like either of the new ones. That was the first Patriots game I ever attended. Steve Grogan's Patriots beat Dan Fout's Chargers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I was at that game in September of 1979, lol. I remember being mad that the old logo was being trashed. I didn't like either of the new ones. That was the first Patriots game I ever attended. Steve Grogan's Patriots beat Dan Fout's Chargers.

That's awesome!  do you remember the voting done by noise level??

Here is the article announcing the vote and possible logo change..

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6125/5975289602_cb4a8d3d07_o.png

And the article of the results...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6005/5974729373_2dd89ce773_o.png

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

That's awesome!  do you remember the voting done by noise level??

Here is the article announcing the vote and possible logo change..

And the article of the results...

I misremembered earlier. It was the old vs new. I do remember voting by noise level. We weren't ready for change. Pat Patriot cheers and stomps were much louder than it was for the new logo.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Nice info and nice trip down memory lane. I didn't make the voting game that year but was at the Buffalo one where Grogan beat Fergusen and it started snowing at halftime and it was a blizzard by the end of the game and it took us over two hours to get out of that grass field parking lot. :)

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

.....And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling Kids !!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts