Great Offenses and Flashy WRs Do Not Win Championships

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Great Offenses and Flashy WRs Do Not Win Championships

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

To me, blaming Welker for the Patriots failure to win Super Bowls is like Texans fans blaming Arian Foster because they stink in the playoffs. Paralysis by overanalysis.

He's a great player, it isn't his decision to run the offense through him.  How about using Vereen more?  How about a receiver that can get open other than Welker?  

They needed Gronkowski to be healthy, and they needed Talib to stay in the game. 

It's about winning playoff games and playing your best in the end games. The Ravens got hot, they're not a great team on offense or defense. Same with the Giants in 2011.

By the way, is Torrey Smith flashy? Victor Cruz? I'll take those guys, flashy or not.

Its way too easy to point to a single moment in a game and define that game by that moment.  IMO, about the only time that makes any sense is if a FG kicker is set to kick a game winning or tying FG, and even then doing so diminishes what happened in the previous 60 minutes of the game. 

RESPONSE: What are you talking about? No one here is blaming Welker for the loss to the Ravens. This thread isn't about Welker costing the Pats that playoff game. If you read my initial post to start this thread, you would know that. 

In the pats playoff loss this year, the offense produced nearly 22 points (63%) below its regular season average.  By contrast, the defense gave up 7 points (25%) above its average.

RESPONSE: Which jives with the article I posted above. 

Not a fan of cold hard football facts.

RESPONSE: Yes...yes. After all these years, we know how adverse you are to cold, hard facts...LOL!!

All they do is mash already created stats and attempt to call them advanced metrics.  I do, however, give the creator/former food and beverage writer for the boston herald props for his success.  He's a great american story.

RESPONSE: What are you babbling about now, Dog(ggggg)??

Ultimately, my point is that I am not even sure the great patriots defenses of the early 00's could have produced a win given the pats poor offensive output.  The best defense in the NFL by pts allowed this year still gave up an average of more than 15 points per game.

RESPONSE: This is because you do not understand the game. 

Blame the D if you like, but if an organization has an offense that is supposed to produce and doesn't, it probably doesn't matter how great the d is.

RESPONSE: Again...why don't you read my initial post before popping off. I blamed the loss primarily on poor line play (DL and OL), and poor red zone play. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Wrong about Flacco and the Recievers in both the Pats game and Superbowl. What Flacco did was spread the ball around. He didn't target just 1 reciever, or even the Wideouts. He hit the OPEN man. Check downs to Running Backs, TE's, threw to whoever the Defense was not keying on. He did a heck of job. Kept his cool, and didn't force it to any specific reciever (Sounds like a guy I know). Pats took away the bomb, so they threw underneath, smart Game adjustment by Caldwell. Essentially they beat the Pats at their own game.

Boldin killed the Pats in the second half...after being shutout in the first half. The Pats' "D" couldn't recover from losing CB Aqib Talib to injury. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to AZPAT's comment:

"I do think you can at least get in the big dance with a high flying offense"

The Pats have proven that this can happen, as have teh Bills and Vikings. But, unfortunately, we've seen, and it's a fact that the MAJORITY of Super Bowls are won by the team with the best/dominating defense. The #31 ranked (in more ways than one) defense can't stop a mid lever offense. There WILL be a shortcoming a few times in the game. ANY expectation of a poor defense being good enough to win a SB on their own, while their team's high flying offense is grounded, is totally unreasonable. Without a doubt, the offense carried the team to the Big Game, and needs to step it up to close the deal. Totally disappearing in the 4th Qtr and/or the entire 2nd half will just about guarandamntee a loss, no matter what the defense does.

Give me a bunch of aggressive, no named, us against the world, they have something to prove players, on defense, rather than a bunch of guys that already the tee shirts or read their own press.

Since the D has been bashed beyond belief unfairly the last 2 years in particular, there is no way they can read their own press. lol

Another brilliant dissertation by the dumbkoff. By your own admission the whole damned world knows this D has stank, but not junior. They're all wrong, but you are right. Learn the game, tool.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Stout D + elite QB = greatly enhanced chances of winning it all.

Been saying this for over 10 years.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to AZPAT's comment:

"I do think you can at least get in the big dance with a high flying offense"

The Pats have proven that this can happen, as have teh Bills and Vikings. But, unfortunately, we've seen, and it's a fact that the MAJORITY of Super Bowls are won by the team with the best/dominating defense. The #31 ranked (in more ways than one) defense can't stop a mid lever offense. There WILL be a shortcoming a few times in the game. ANY expectation of a poor defense being good enough to win a SB on their own, while their team's high flying offense is grounded, is totally unreasonable. Without a doubt, the offense carried the team to the Big Game, and needs to step it up to close the deal. Totally disappearing in the 4th Qtr and/or the entire 2nd half will just about guarandamntee a loss, no matter what the defense does.

Give me a bunch of aggressive, no named, us against the world, they have something to prove players, on defense, rather than a bunch of guys that already the tee shirts or read their own press.

Since the D has been bashed beyond belief unfairly the last 2 years in particular, there is no way they can read their own press. lol

Another brilliant dissertation by the dumbkoff. By your own admission the whole damned world knows this D has stank, but not junior. They're all wrong, but you are right. Learn the game, tool.

Yes, afterall the media is always accurate in analyzing NFL teams and it's not about ratings and revenue instead.

LMAO

Yes, MANY of them are absolutely wrong.  Tony Mazz, Felger, Gasper, etc, as they bash BB while making wild excuses for the nice guy, Brady.

Let's count up all the plots "the voices" have informed you of....

1. Media has a conspiracy against the defense.

2. Goodell has a conspiracy against the Pats.

3. Brady has a conspiracy against BB.

4. Media has a conspiracy against BB.

Did I miss any?

You are a certifiable wack-job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

a great defense would make an offense that scores 17 points per game in the playoffs look good.

nothing would make the pats offense in the past two super bowls and three afc title games, look good....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We don't have an elite QB in the playoffs, though. We do have a very stout Run D and one that causes a lot of turnovers.

Pass D is average. 

You just don't get it, and you never will, because you are a dumbkoff.

Elite QBs don't have a great game every outing. Sometimes they need a real defense to show up too.

List your playoff elite QBs of today junior. Let's see you prove your point.

(Our pass D gave up the 5th worst Y/A and the 4th most yards in the league goofy.)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to Godvernment's comment:

a great defense would make an offense that scores 17 points per game in the playoffs look good.

nothing would make the pats offense in the past two super bowls and three afc title games, look good....

Of course something would make them look good.

A stop on each final drive would have won two Lombardis. You lose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Did I miss any?

The media having a bias against BB makes me a "wack job"? I'd say you not acknowledging that fact makes you one.

lmao

Also, Goodell being a power hungry, Draconian commissioner doesn't mean I think he has a conspiracy against the Pats.

The Pats just happen to be an elite team, run so well, he saw a way to weaken that aspect with a clear, over-indulgent punishment.  He did the same thing with the Saints by excessively punishing the players.

Facts hurt trolls. Always have, always will.

Thanks for admitting you are preposterous goofy.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We don't have an elite QB in the playoffs, though. We do have a very stout Run D and one that causes a lot of turnovers.

Pass D is average. 

Elite QBs don't have a great game every outing. Sometimes they need a real defense to show up too.

(Our pass D gave up the 5th worst Y/A and the 4th most yards in the league goofy.)

So, the D HAS to have a GREAT game evry outing in an offensively slanted era?  But, our 20 million per year QB does not have to?

Sure, Babe. Sure. That premise will go over well. I am sure you'll get a lot of fans to agree with that ridiculousness.

That's like saying Tim Thomas was average in the 2011 postseason and we still won the Cup. Wouldn't have happened if one of the best players is "average" or bad.

Pedro Martinez or Curt Schilling could afford to be "average" or subpar in 2004, too. LOL

FAIL

Figured you couldn't come up with the list dumbkoff. Junior beaten again, just like... every... single... day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Did I miss any?

The media having a bias against BB makes me a "wack job"? I'd say you not acknowledging that fact makes you one.

lmao

Also, Goodell being a power hungry, Draconian commissioner doesn't mean I think he has a conspiracy against the Pats.

The Pats just happen to be an elite team, run so well, he saw a way to weaken that aspect with a clear, over-indulgent punishment.  He did the same thing with the Saints by excessively punishing the players.

Facts hurt trolls. Always have, always will.

Horrendous grammar.^^

That (preposterous)  either should be an adjective or you need a comma before you decided to call me a name.

babe likes calling people names from different language, but hardly can type the one he speaks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Pass D is average. 

So, the D HAS to have a GREAT game evry outing in an offensively slanted era?  But, our 20 million per year QB does not have to?

Sure, Babe. Sure. That premise will go over well. I am sure you'll get a lot of fans to agree with that ridiculousness.

That's like saying Tim Thomas was average in the 2011 postseason and we still won the Cup. Wouldn't have happened if one of the best players is "average" or bad.

Pedro Martinez or Curt Schilling could afford to be "average" or subpar in 2004, too. LOL

FAIL

Figured you couldn't come up with the list dumbkoff. Junior beaten again, just like... every... single... day.

quick, what were flaccos stats this postseason, how about eli's last postseason?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Horrendous grammar.^^

That (preposterous)  either should be an adjective or you need a comma before you decided to call me a name.

Yes goofy. I know you have cried about the comma before, but I'm not writing my theses here. It's a sports board. People know what I mean.

I guess without the comma technically I'm not calling you a name, dumbkoff.

Sections
Shortcuts