Great OTA feedback.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

Re: Great OTA feedback.

In response to wozzy's comment:

An interesting tidbit from this article is Tommy Kelly playing exclusively at end in OTA's as well as Collins playing at linebacker.  This would indicate they may employ more three man fronts this year which will do wonders for our pass rush and defense as a whole.  If we can run a 3/4 or 3/3/5 more often, we'll be able to get off the field faster, the outside edge rushers will find that those interior blockers are too busy trying to handle Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead and will be able to get free.  

I expect a big sack total this year from Nincovich and Jones but also and more importantly as a team I hope we get into the top 5 sacking teams in the NFL.  Belichick always fields one of the best secondaries but often they are exposed by zero pressure, this will be the biggest difference this year since the early 2000s. Considering I've been calling for this for the past four years, it's a big deal to me.  I still hope we sign another big man (Seymour) closer to camp but we'll be set if Kelly can stay as durable as he has been over the course of his career.

Hey woozy what's the difference between 3/4 and 3/3/5? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

An interesting tidbit from this article is Tommy Kelly playing exclusively at end in OTA's as well as Collins playing at linebacker.  This would indicate they may employ more three man fronts this year which will do wonders for our pass rush and defense as a whole.  If we can run a 3/4 or 3/3/5 more often, we'll be able to get off the field faster, the outside edge rushers will find that those interior blockers are too busy trying to handle Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead and will be able to get free.  

I expect a big sack total this year from Nincovich and Jones but also and more importantly as a team I hope we get into the top 5 sacking teams in the NFL.  Belichick always fields one of the best secondaries but often they are exposed by zero pressure, this will be the biggest difference this year since the early 2000s. Considering I've been calling for this for the past four years, it's a big deal to me.  I still hope we sign another big man (Seymour) closer to camp but we'll be set if Kelly can stay as durable as he has been over the course of his career.

I would assume you are correct, and if employed in a 3/3/5 is where we would expect to see AWilson. I get the sense that the PAts are hoping AWilson is not the starter, that TWilson takes the job, allowing AWilsons snaps to be monitored

I have not seen a lot of the Raiders the past few years, but what I have seen of them, I dont recall them in a 3/4? Have you seen Kelly in this alignment in any games? I wonder if he can hold the edge? His MO is that he has been so-so against the run, better in passing situations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Coco40038's comment:

One less linebacker, one added defensiveback.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I would assume you are correct, and if employed in a 3/3/5 is where we would expect to see AWilson. I get the sense that the PAts are hoping AWilson is not the starter, that TWilson takes the job, allowing AWilsons snaps to be monitored

I have not seen a lot of the Raiders the past few years, but what I have seen of them, I dont recall them in a 3/4? Have you seen Kelly in this alignment in any games? I wonder if he can hold the edge? His MO is that he has been so-so against the run, better in passing situations.

I think they obtained Adrian Wilson to teach Tavon and the others how to play safety but none of them have Adrian's size or skill set.  They also signed Adrian to play, he's good for another 2-3 years barring injury and he will cover tightends which was a big weakness for us the past few years or longer. Kelly played both the 3/4 and 4/3 as a Raider and can do both, ask any DT what they prefer and they'll tell you rushing the passer, it was a big point of contention for Seymour when he played here because he thought it was costing him money playing the 3/4.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Coco40038's comment:

And I can't tell if your spelling woozy was an insult or just a misspelling?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think they obtained Adrian Wilson to teach Tavon and the others how to play safety but none of them have Adrian's size or skill set.  They also signed Adrian to play, he's good for another 2-3 years barring injury and he will cover tightends which was a big weakness for us the past few years or longer. Kelly played both the 3/4 and 4/3 as a Raider and can do both, ask any DT what they prefer and they'll tell you rushing the passer, it was a big point of contention for Seymour when he played here because he thought it was costing him money playing the 3/4.  

my concern with AWilson is that I see Ryan, Brees, Rothlsberg, Elway, Schaub, Flacco on the schedule and they are the type of QB's with the weapons to salivate seeing a player like AWilson who has been questionable in coverage on the field...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

my concern with AWilson is that I see Ryan, Brees, Rothlsberg, Elway, Schaub, Flacco on the schedule and they are the type of QB's with the weapons to salivate seeing a player like AWilson who has been questionable in coverage on the field...

This is where you're wrong. He's not "questionable in coverage". Any bigger SS, whether it be Polamalu, Bernard Pollard, etc, whomever it is, maybe Chancellor in Seattle, these bigger Safeties thrive in the box area.

He looked pretty darn good in here last year in Week 2 vs Brady and Co, didn't he?

You clearly have literally no idea who Adrian Wilson is and what he does with your comments like you've just posted above.

Rodney Harrison thinks Pats got it right with Adrian Wilson Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT dt.common.streams.StreamServerAP

From time to time over the past few years, former Patriots safety Rodney Harrison has explained that his former teams needs to add a player like, well, him.

Finally, he thinks they have in Adrian Wilson, who was signed by New England after being cut by the Cardinals.

“Adding him, the veteran leadership, the presence, the respect factor, he’s a guy that’s a terrific blitzer, and a physical presence,” Harrison told Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.  “I think he can come in especially during nickel and dime situations, and come down [close to the line] and play that second linebacker position like I did.  He’s physical enough to help out in the run game, but he can also cover tight ends. So he can be that guy next to [Jerod] Mayo who can come in and really make a difference in that nickel and dime package. . . . It’s a fantastic move.  I think he’ll help the Patriots immediately.  I think he’ll hold people accountable.”

Rodney is agreeing with me that AWilson should be in nickel or dime, and he would blitz and help the run game...maybe he can stay with some TE's, but my concern is with AWilson being on the field in passing situations.

I think the consensus is that AWIlson has regressed in coverage due to age, but I dont expect you to agree....your hair will fall out if you disagree with anything BB does.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

we will find out in about 3 weeks...

prior to my cable company getting NFL network, and the ability to see NFL Network Replay, I was only able to see other teams on Monday night games, and most Sunday night games. I have been at every Sunday game played or have worked a Sunday game for the past 25 years...not a lot of chances to see other games other than NFL replay and some game film (only started last year and only saw a couple of games)...of course I do see teams that come here, but have not seen the Raiders in quite some time.

I did see AWilson play against the PAts last year, and he did not stand out at all, but Campbell, Washington, Lenon and Peterson did. And of course Ghost with his miss. I went back and checked the stats on Wilson, 2 tackles, 1 assist. Pats has 17 passing 1st downs. 400 yards total offense...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Back on ignore goes our resident troll.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

prior to my cable company getting NFL network, and the ability to see NFL Network Replay, I was only able to see other teams on Monday night games, and most Sunday night games. I have been at every Sunday game played or have worked a Sunday game for the past 25 years...not a lot of chances to see other games other than NFL replay and some game film (only started last year and only saw a couple of games)...of course I do see teams that come here, but have not seen the Raiders in quite some time.

I did see AWilson play against the PAts last year, and he did not stand out at all, but Campbell, Washington, Lenon and Peterson did. And of course Ghost with his miss. I went back and checked the stats on Wilson, 2 tackles, 1 assist. Pats has 17 passing 1st downs. 400 yards total offense...

Well, if you don't know other players and are clueless, why are you mouthing off?   You just continue to mouth off like a clueless dork. It's a constant thing with you.

How many points did our crappy offense score against the Cardinals that day?   ANd, I don't care if others had stronger stats in the secondary. It's not all about stats. Wilson is the one who is calling plays from the back end. Paris Lenon? He's an average player whom BB cut here like 4 years ago.

lmao

You do realize Gostkowski even had a chance to win that game because of our D (Spikes I believe caused that fumble, late in the 4th), correct?

Brady was wise to stay far away from Adrian Wilson in that game last year, but the points allowed by Arizona's D last year vs us, tells the tale. You aren't fooling anyone.   Brady started the day with an INT and it was all downhill from there.

Somewhat comical Brady threw out of the shotgun a ton vs a good D back ended by possible future HOF SS, Adrian Wilson. 46 passes, 1 INT, and can't get to 20 points scored in a home opener.

OUCH.

Looks like my premise holds and continues to hold, huh, RKrap? Hey, did you ask your "colleague" with all this special info why Brady has sucked or been so mediocre in the shotgun in the playoffs?

What does Kelly having the ability to play the 3/4 or Wilson have the ability to cover turn into Brady bashing you troll? 

I asked Wozzy a simple question regarding Kelly, yet you step in and ruin this thread like you do every other thread. This thread has nothing to do with Brady or the shot gun.

and I was at that game, Wilson had zero impact, and was off the field for much of the game. 

And yes, I did ask my colleague (Troy Brown) why Brady sucked in the playoff games and he said that aside from Wes and Hernandez, Brady felt Lloyd and Branch were getting zero sepration and not getting open, and due to Edleman injury, there were not alternatives to Wes or Hern. He also thought the oline gave Brady enough time, but the WR's did not have the abilopen to get open. He also thought that the oline did not run block well, making the run game difficult. The Pats tried to run, but it simply was not there. Your man crush BB must agree, as he completely cleaned house on the WR's and is going to try rookies and retreads as an upgrade. 

Ouch, you are wrong again, as usual. 

As an aside, I will be working with Ty next month. Since the work is taped, there will be down time and a lot of waiting around. I will post why you are also wrong about the defense after hopefully speaking with him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well, if you don't know other players and are clueless, why are you mouthing off?   You just continue to mouth off like a clueless dork. It's a constant thing with you.

How many points did our crappy offense score against the Cardinals that day?   ANd, I don't care if others had stronger stats in the secondary. It's not all about stats. Wilson is the one who is calling plays from the back end. Paris Lenon? He's an average player whom BB cut here like 4 years ago.

lmao

You do realize Gostkowski even had a chance to win that game because of our D (Spikes I believe caused that fumble, late in the 4th), correct?

Brady was wise to stay far away from Adrian Wilson in that game last year, but the points allowed by Arizona's D last year vs us, tells the tale. You aren't fooling anyone.   Brady started the day with an INT and it was all downhill from there.

Somewhat comical Brady threw out of the shotgun a ton vs a good D back ended by possible future HOF SS, Adrian Wilson. 46 passes, 1 INT, and can't get to 20 points scored in a home opener.

OUCH.

Looks like my premise holds and continues to hold, huh, RKrap? Hey, did you ask your "colleague" with all this special info why Brady has sucked or been so mediocre in the shotgun in the playoffs?

What does Kelly having the ability to play the 3/4 or Wilson have the ability to cover turn into Brady bashing you troll? 

I asked Wozzy a simple question regarding Kelly, yet you step in and ruin this thread like you do every other thread. This thread has nothing to do with Brady or the shot gun.

and I was at that game, Wilson had zero impact, and was off the field for much of the game. 

And yes, I did ask my colleague (Troy Brown) why Brady sucked in the playoff games and he said that aside from Wes and Hernandez, Brady felt Lloyd and Branch were getting zero sepration and not getting open, and due to Edleman injury, there were not alternatives to Wes or Hern. He also thought the oline gave Brady enough time, but the WR's did not have the abilopen to get open. He also thought that the oline did not run block well, making the run game difficult. The Pats tried to run, but it simply was not there. Your man crush BB must agree, as he completely cleaned house on the WR's and is going to try rookies and retreads as an upgrade. 

As an aside, I will be working with Ty next month. Since the work is taped, there will be down time and a lot of waiting around. I will post why you are also wrong about the defense after hopefully speaking with him.

100% correct. Our receivers over the last couple of seasons (aside from Wes) were not getting separation. You watch a guy like Rodgers play and you can see how easy his receivers make some of his throws, Brady doesn't have that, his throws have to be absolutely perfect....if not the play will not be made. Rodgers two years ago could stand back there and whip that ball with no worry that it wouldn't be complete - there was 5 yards betweeen his receiver and the defender!

I'm hoping the young legs they are bringing in will make a difference, these kids may not know what is going on, but their legs at least should get a little separation once in a while and make throws easier. In the mean time guys like Hernandez and Amendola should be in the right spot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

lmao

OUCH.

100% correct. Our receivers over the last couple of seasons (aside from Wes) were not getting separation. You watch a guy like Rodgers play and you can see how easy his receivers make some of his throws, Brady doesn't have that, his throws have to be absolutely perfect....if not the play will not be made. Rodgers two years ago could stand back there and whip that ball with no worry that it wouldn't be complete - there was 5 yards betweeen his receiver and the defender!

I'm hoping the young legs they are bringing in will make a difference, these kids may not know what is going on, but their legs at least should get a little separation once in a while and make throws easier. In the mean time guys like Hernandez and Amendola should be in the right spot.

Like you I am also hopeful the "kids" can somehow catch on enough to this offense to contribute something this year. The one thing I can say for at least Dobson and Boyce is that they are tremendously athletic and in the case of Dobson he has amazing body control when he is in the air.

If they do pan out this offense can become better than it has been in a while. Just think about the flexibility if these 2 kids pan out with the multiple TE's and the atleticism we have in the backfield with Ridley and Vareen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/expert-observations-england-patriots-otas-around-165500077.html

To me, it was great to read that Washington was showing some good burst.  He is going to really help out our return game. 

The funniest thing is how bent out of shape some people were for dumping Demps when he'd never done ANYTHING in the NFL, and is unlikely too, but overlooked Washington, one of the better return guys in football. Strange. He will definitely help, I'd expect a decent average out of him, maybe a few 40-50 yarders, but don't expect TDs.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts