Great QB Debate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Great QB Debate

A lot has been brought up lately about whether Brady or Peyton is the better QB after Peyton's recent loss.  If Peyton had won that game with a clutch performance peyton manning probably would have won that title...but once again peyton reminded us of his old self...All of this got me rethink...who is better?

In my very biased opinion, i think Brady should still hold that title.  QB is so much more than just pure stats...its about leadership and coming up big when your team needs you most.

When it's all said and done Peyton will be the greatest passer in the game...but not QB

For example, using different QBs...who would you rather have lead your team to the playoffs during the reg season between roethlisberger and rivers?  I think most of us would agree Rivers.  However, who would you rather have play for you during the superbowl?  Probably roethlisberger.

He may play behind a great defense and run game...but lately when his team needs a game winning drive...he finds a way to get it done.

Manning and Brady debate is the same way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Great QB Debate

and im not saying rivers and manning arent clutch because both are...manning has a ton of game winning drives...its just that when the stage is greater they dont always perform at that same high level

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I can wait until their careers are over to judge.  One thing that seems apparent is that the media has tried to make Manning Michael Jordan.  Every sport has a guy that defined the sport, basketball was Jordan, hockey Gretzky, baseball Babe Ruth.  Football doesnt though, Montana is the closest thing, but if you asked 50 people who the best football player ever was you would probably get 30 or 40 different answers there is no clear answer. 

I think by the end of their careers Brady vs Manning will be like "Bird vs Magic", neither one clearly better than the other.  But who knows there's a lot of football left for both of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

It depends on the question because if you ask who is the better Football player your answer is likely different then the best QB or Whatever because the best football player ever I think I still say Jim Brown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Stats or wins don't make a great QB, winning the ultimate prize does. ask Bradshaw, ask Montana, ask Aikman, and asl Brady

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

There is no such thing as whos the best football player because you have a team on the field, let me explain, you may have the greatest runningback but if he cant find a hole or one made for him (aka Laura Maroney) he or she wont be that great! and you may never see their talent showcased. Barry Sanders if he had a front line may have been the best player of all time, but no one will know. If you dont have guys making great catches for you, then the passes you throw will never be that good! Like Manning or Brady to be honest.
    Basketball is different, although you have a team its limited by whose on the floor with you, and you have a better chance to showcase yourself and your talent. Like Koby in the hotel room. Opps did I just say that!
    Now look at hockey and the Hanson Brothers, incredible talent but which one is better.
    So there you go, are there great players, sure there are but you need your teamates or you may never be known for sure.
    Drinks on the house!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I like Brady but after watching this years Pats, I'd say the Colts have a better chance of getting back to the big game. The Pats are rebuilding. Unless Kraft and Belichick make some strong moves, we're several years away from competing
    for a title.