2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Great Read

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Dear Pezzy,

There is a Brady fluff piece like this every offseason when it's slow.  Frankly, I could care less that he flies on private jets or about this woe is me Brady, because he's got himself to blame for the recent poor performances.

All about Brady now.

Bring back the old Brady when he wasn't flying on private jets and lowering drawbridges to get his mail.

lol

Brady's last 3 AFC title games at home:

Where's the fluff piece on bb's greatness?  Haven't seen one of those in years.

DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE. xxxxxxx

HEY!  Where'd it go?????

LOL Baltimore allowed 31 points in the SB this year. How did Ozzie Newsome's D do?

Or SFs, for that matter?

When I searched on articles for "BB's greatness", the page overloaded, because there are too many.

I guess we could look to the draft room last week when he fleeced the Vikings? 

31 points is less than 34, isn't it?  Oh and they had 13 drives to stop, not 8.  They had 7 possessions in one half.  That's one less than both complete SB's because the D never left the field.  In fact I think they're still there!  LOL

How many points did the Pat's D give up to San Fran again?

How many turnovers by our offense in our zone, is really the question.  4 is the answer. Thanks Tom Brady and two RB fumbles.

Did you just praise a D in the SB giving up 31 or 27 points?  LOL! Leave it to you whine about 13 points in a SB with a meltdown from our QB and his best friend in the slot.

I would have shut the tv down if our D had allowed 25+ points in SB 42 or SB 46, but alas, they weren't even close giving up so an obscene amount of points, so I kept watching to see if our HOF QB would stop looking like Jay Cutler.

Got burned twice by watching. lol

Is there something too hard for you to understand that 13 possessions is more than 8 possessions, therefore the score might be higher because both teams have more chances to score and both teams have to make more stops?

How many points did the D give up to San Fran in a 12 possession game?

40...what?  How mant points did the Pats score against san fran in the same 12 possessions?  Their average?  Oh, imagine that?

I saw ELI and Cruz on the sidelines doing the salsa every time they finally left the field  AFTER NOT SCORING!  Can you figure out why?

It's very simple.  For every 5-6 minute drive they didn't score on, that's one less time TB touched the ball.   4, 5 minute non scoring drive ='s 4 less drives for Pats O.

Thank YOU, D.......

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Dear Pezzy,

There is a Brady fluff piece like this every offseason when it's slow.  Frankly, I could care less that he flies on private jets or about this woe is me Brady, because he's got himself to blame for the recent poor performances.

All about Brady now.

Bring back the old Brady when he wasn't flying on private jets and lowering drawbridges to get his mail.

lol

HEY!  Where'd it go?????

LOL Baltimore allowed 31 points in the SB this year. How did Ozzie Newsome's D do?

Or SFs, for that matter?

When I searched on articles for "BB's greatness", the page overloaded, because there are too many.

31 points is less than 34, isn't it?  Oh and they had 13 drives to stop, not 8.  They had 7 possessions in one half.  That's one less than both complete SB's because the D never left the field.  In fact I think they're still there!  LOL

How many turnovers by our offense in our zone, is really the question.  4 is the answer. Thanks Tom Brady and two RB fumbles.

Did you just praise a D in the SB giving up 31 or 27 points?  LOL! Leave it to you whine about 13 points in a SB with a meltdown from our QB and his best friend in the slot.

I would have shut the tv down if our D had allowed 25+ points in SB 42 or SB 46, but alas, they weren't even close giving up so an obscene amount of points, so I kept watching to see if our HOF QB would stop looking like Jay Cutler.

Is there something too hard for you to understand that 13 possessions is more than 8 possessions, therefore the score might be higher because both teams have more chances to score and both teams have to make more stops?

40...what?  How mant points did the Pats score against san fran in the same 12 possessions?  Their average?  Oh, imagine that?

I saw ELI and Cruz on the sidelines doing the salsa every time they finally left the field  AFTER NOT SCORING!  Can you figure out why?

It's very simple.  For every 5-6 minute drive they didn't score on, that's one less time TB touched the ball.   4, 5 minute non scoring drive ='s 4 less drives for Pats O.

Thank YOU, D.......

How many 3 and outs or INTs/turnovers did those offense have? lmao

WHat good is good ol perfect Brady "touching the ball" if he goes 3 and out on 3 awful passes to 1 of 2 targets in the shotgun so predictably so?

What good is it?

It's very simple:   It's called maximizing your drives.  One drive and a 3 and out is absolutely useless for many reasons.  God forbid we establish a run game to make it easier on ourselves as the game goes.

It loses momentum, field position, etc.

Learn the game.  I don;t want my QB throwing INTs on 1st down in the 4th or throwing high on 2nd down to force a punt to give the opponent those extra possessions.

Did you enjoy the Safety? lmao

Also, stop mentioning the SF we played against them.  Our offense handed over 4 turnovers in a row in our own zone! Our offense was awful!

And our D was the one that triggered any chance for our offense to get off their rectums to even mount a comeback!

Holy mackerel. It's like you don't even watch the games. You just read box scores and then come in here and make stupid premises.

lmao

I seem to remember The pats O scoring 4 TD's in  7 minutes and then ST and D failing AGAIN.

What game did you watch?  Were you too busy scanning the sidelines  to catch a glimpse of ALEX SMITH?

Yes, it is what you do with those possessions, especially in a low possession game because it's harder to recover from mistakes with less chances to do so.

Too bad the D could never get off the field and put the O in the situation where they had to be perfect.  Aint happening.  Never has and never will.

Meanwhile ELI and Cruz on the sidelines doing the salsa and singing  "it aint supposed to be this easy", cha cha cha!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Thanks jri!

Look, I agree with jri that we are NOT grateful enough about Brady, who even if he never wins another SB, may well be the greatest of all time....his like will be very sorely missed and we all know that if we are honest about it....

However I also am glad we have cut away TB's binky and think getting more deep and verticle in their passing game is what they need to do...they have decent rb's now, guys who can take the place of the short dink and dunk game, away from the "spread" offense based on a small quick guy getting open or you die on the vine.....and other teams have it all figured out, hence the losses in big games...it's NOT all on the D.

I am with you on the Welker stance. My only issues was Russ reponse right below the original post.

I don't thiink it is totally the D"s fault that they haven't closed the deal recently. As a matter of fact in the article Brady talks specificly about plays he wishes he executed in certain games. The thing that struck me in the piece was his never ending quest to be better and for him to improve to make the team better.

I have been a fan since the mid 70's and a season ticket holder since the mid nineties and he is by far the best player this team has ever seen (john hannah close 2nd) and arguably the greatest QB to play the game.

Again, agree.

Let me put it to you this way:

If for some reason there was a an opportunity to ask him one question with one follow up, I would ask this:

1. Why do you prefer the shotgun spread so much?

2. Do you realize how you have struggled in games, in the postseason in particular,using that as the base formation, passing 40+ times, even with a lead?

I just question if he is even aware of the patterns and mountains of evidence.

And, honestly, I think BB walking from Welkie is symbolic to BB seeing this.  I question whether or not BB actually saw the data until after this last playoff loss, because how can you keep using it, acting like it's not severely flawed?

Your basically asking your entire offense to execute 100% perfectly for 4 qtrs (or close to it), almost like you're on a Japanese game show or something.

Wouldn't it be easier to commit to the ground game to help your offense over those 4 qtrs?

Can anyone even name the last time we opened a game against a good defense, where we drove down the field, with a lengthy drive and we scored a TD?  Even if you can find the example, we're just horrendous at keeping momentun in games with that  base style offense.

Gee crusty noodle, why don't you just ask him?  Pretty sure you'd get one of these and I'm

sure we'd all pay money to see it.

chop photo bruce.gif

You didn't even read the article did you?  Poor BB, nobody writing any articles on his greatness lately, except for him meeting with his friend.  Trailblazing???? LMAO@U

Wonder why?

DEFENSE...DEFENSE....DEFENSE....DEFENSE....DEFENSE.....DEFENSE !!!!!

Pretty sure you'd get one of these and I'm sure we'd all pay money to see it.

i sure would!  Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Dear Pezzy,

All about Brady now.

lol

HEY!  Where'd it go?????

Or SFs, for that matter?

Thank YOU, D.......

WHat good is good ol perfect Brady "touching the ball" if he goes 3 and out on 3 awful passes to 1 of 2 targets in the shotgun so predictably so?

What good is it?

It's very simple:   It's called maximizing your drives.  One drive and a 3 and out is absolutely useless for many reasons.  God forbid we establish a run game to make it easier on ourselves as the game goes.

Learn the game.  I don;t want my QB throwing INTs on 1st down in the 4th or throwing high on 2nd down to force a punt to give the opponent those extra possessions.

Also, stop mentioning the SF we played against them.  Our offense handed over 4 turnovers in a row in our own zone! Our offense was awful!

And our D was the one that triggered any chance for our offense to get off their rectums to even mount a comeback!

Holy mackerel. It's like you don't even watch the games. You just read box scores and then come in here and make stupid premises.

lmao

I seem to remember The pats O scoring 4 TD's in  7 minutes and then ST and D failing AGAIN.

What game did you watch?  Were you too busy scanning the sidelines  to catch a glimpse of ALEX SMITH?

Yes, it is what you do with those possessions, especially in a low possession game because it's harder to recover from mistakes with less chances to do so.

Too bad the D could never get off the field and put the O in the situation where they had to be perfect.  Aint happening.  Never has and never will.

Meanwhile ELI and Cruz on the sidelines doing the salsa and singing  "it aint supposed to be this easy", cha cha cha!

Umm, Cruz did nothing in the SB.  Nor did Manning, actually. He threw one TD. In the 1st qtr.

lmao

I am pretty sure the Giants D was laughing at Brady trying to throw 45 times again to try to make it about him.

Nope, pretty sure they take TB seriously as does the rest of the NFL, which is the reason they tried to keep him off the field.  The D, on the other hand.....oh, they wanted them on the field as long as possible.  Nice of them to oblige, don't you think?

Do you think he thanked the D for his MVP after the game?  TWICE?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Dear Pezzy,

All about Brady now.

lol

HEY!  Where'd it go?????

Or SFs, for that matter?

Thank YOU, D.......

What good is it?

lmao

Umm, Cruz did nothing in the SB.  Nor did Manning, actually. He threw one TD. In the 1st qtr.

lmao

I am pretty sure the Giants D was laughing at Brady trying to throw 45 times again to try to make it about him.

Nope, pretty sure they take TB seriously as does the rest of the NFL, which is the reason they tried to keep him off the field.  The D, on the other hand.....oh, they wanted them on the field as long as possible.  Nice of them to oblige, don't you think?

Do you think he thanked the D for his MVP after the game?  TWICE?

Whose MVP games? Eli's?   LOL!

The guy threw a lame duck pass up in SB 42 and hoped for the best in SB 46 after leading them to 1 TD and 2 FGs.

I would expect our HOF QB to be a LOT better than 13 points worth of scoring, considering Eli Manning isn't a Hall of Famer, wouldn't you? lmao

NEWSFLASH:

Big Ben and Eli aren't great QBs with their sketchy SB play.

Brady is.

The problem is, Brady had his head up his rectum in the ones he was playing the Giants in.

Sucks, but the Pats fans have to eat it. It's like when Jeter choked for the Yankees.

eli and ben have busts in canton already

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It was a great read.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Your brain.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Shotgun spread preference.

Bye bye Welkie.

Thank you, BB for making the divorce happen.

Thank you BDC for the 20+ bans. Please step up the pace.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

jri37, thanks very much for posting this truly great read.  Exceptional piece on an exceptional player.  I took particular note of that text msg from Curt Warner.  From one classy guy to another.

Unfortunate that so much of this thread went south with the seemingly inevitable personal spewing but there ya have it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I love SHOTGUN by Junior Walker and the All-Stars and SHOTGUN by TBrady forevah!!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Not siding with anyone, but, whether fans want to believe it or not - Brady has changed since 2001; and the on field performance may have been affected.

In 2001, I would describe Brady as a hard worker, humble, hungry, competitive. His on field performance was good enough to win a SB. The TEAM had playmakers, moreso on the defensive side. The offense - was SIMPLE. Dink and dunk (high pecentage plays, hit the open man), run enough to move the chains. The team rarely blew out components, won a lot of close scoring games. The offense and defense made 1-2 extra plays needed to win 3 SBs between 2001-2004.

Fast forward to 2007. I would describe Brady as a hard worker (but less physical work during pre-season due to wear and tear on the body), cocky and whiny (exhibited by crying/yelling at refs and teammates), competitive (but less so vs. 2001). By this time, the Patriots have become the Colts. The team characterized as an offensive powerhouse, but the defense was weak (masked by the team's offensive output). More playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. The Patriots' offense became extremely complex; relying heavily on spread-type offense and timing patters w/ numerous options depending on Brady's read on the opposing defense.  Run game was minimal. Result?  2 SB losses between 2007-2011. EPIC team failure in the two SB losses due to poor play in all 3 phases of game, bad game planning, bad coaching.

Today (actually, since adding Gronk and Hernandez, changing the RB corp, and finally focusing on acquiring decent defensive players) - the Patriots have made a signficant turn - and I'm optimistic about the team for the next 3-4 years. Yes, the league is still pass-driven - but offensively, the Patriots need to simplify the offense and take advantage of the TEs. In addition, the running game has to be "more timely" and help confuse opposing defenses as to what the Patriots are trying to do. The Patriots, hopefully, are tipping the scale with more playmakers on defense.

IMO, it's about finding enough playmakers on the defensive (pass rush, pass coverage) to get back into the top 5 in pts. against AND getting back to #10-15 in passing yards against AND improving our red zone defense (which ties into lower pts. against).  It's not about beating average NFL teams - its about how to beat teams that can shut down Brady and the offense.

So, yes, Brady has changed over the years.  How can the success, and most importantly, a wife and children NOT affect one's priorities.  I think there was a time when football was Brady's #1 priority.  Today, I'm pretty sure that football is a distant second to his wife and children - and maybe even 3rd behind fame.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Speaking of the Stones, has anybody put out a good album since '81? Well, besides SRV but he's done too.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

jri37, thanks very much for posting this truly great read.  Exceptional piece on an exceptional player.  I took particular note of that text msg from Curt Warner.  From one classy guy to another.

Unfortunate that so much of this thread went south with the seemingly inevitable personal spewing but there ya have it.

Note who initiated it. Pezzy and then Babe swooped in.

Even though Jiri did not like my opinion, the discussion was civil and fine.

LIAR!

I hadn't even commented on the thread until you had already turned it into yet another of your Brady bashing festivals.

You don't even have the decency to leave your insane rant about the greatest player this team has ever had out of a thread that refers to a very nice tribute piece about him.

You truly suck and are a pathetic excuse for a Pats' fan, and more, many of the fans here should hang their head in shame that they stand by and allow you to do this without a whimper of protest. Disgraceful.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Even though Jiri did not like my opinion, the discussion was civil and fine.

First words out of your dumb yap on the first reply in the thread were to slam Brady.

You should know I am not a mod, or connected to them, because if I were your new accounts would be banned within 5 minutes of their creation. Up to thousands of times a day if need be. Not a word of your insanity would see the light of day.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Speaking of the Stones, has anybody put out a good album since '81? Well, besides SRV but he's done too.

jesus i can only a hundred or so!

why do people get old and think their generation (or the one other oldsters tell them about, like the overrated and pseado phony 60's) was the last one to do anything good? no, creativity passion talent and soul don't just leave because you got old, you just got old-and that means it's time to close ur mind ears and eyes and start living backwards-sad but as predictable as the sun coming up-i mean what kind of an idiot would even think there hasn't been a good album in 32 years??!!

whenever you would like some of that list or even just some great really cool suff from the past couple of years let me know woz...not that it will matter probably but you never know!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

jesus i can only a hundred or so!

why do people get old and think their generation (or the one other oldsters tell them about, like the overrated and pseado phony 60's) was the last one to do anything good? no, creativity passion talent and soul don't just leave because you got old, you just got old-and that means it's time to close ur mind ears and eyes and start living backwards-sad but as predictable as the sun coming up-i mean what kind of an idiot would even think there hasn't been a good album in 32 years??!!

whenever you would like some of that list or even just some great really cool suff from the past couple of years let me know woz...not that it will matter probably but you never know!

There is no denying the 60s/70s were a golden age of rock music. Good stuff after that, but not nearly as much. But that stands to reason as any new ground broken usually sees the pioneers of that exhaust much of the possibilities.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

haha

You must have missed the 90s.  I hear ya. You have to go searching today.  It's just the way it is. I haven't voluntarily listened to the radio in a decade. No lie.

It's out there, you just have to go find it.

I am hitting a show next weekned.  $20 in a small club type place and the kid is basically Bob Dylan meets Willie Nelson.

Blows anything you'll hear on the radio or anyting people try to pass off as real, organic music.

pipe down self-important  little Gen-X boy and learn a little something from one of ur betters/elders...

u have absolutlely no idea what ur talking about as usual and spare me the how great the 90's were and ur generation, which had just as much garbage and sell outs and phonies as any other-maybe more...to be honest I think ur generations biggest contributions were whining and ecstasy...anything else?

how can anyone who thinks he is the smartest on the planet fall into something as predictable as passing 30 and starting to turn into ur own parents? I mean you use ALL the stereotypical cliches!-you actually believe everything good ended because you can't relate to it and your old with the requisite ignorance and closed ears and mind...pathetic for someone who should be above such boring normalness as a midlife post 30 crisis...my God that's sad!

not only is there so much great music around right now and the past decade-original, soulful, well done music of all types- but with a lot less oh woe is me Seattle-style whining from middle class white kids with no real problems you know?

here's the really important stuff so pay close attention:

most of the guys I grew up with thought ur 90's grungo stuff was awful and the end of "real" rock and Cobain et al had "no talent"

and my brothers who grew up in the 70's thought my 80's music sucked....seeing a pattern?

and my parents thought my brothers 70's music were long haired no talent drug addicts...getting it yet?

and John Lennon's dad though the Beatles couldn't hold a candle to Glen Miller...you must see it by now?

why are you and other self-centered gen-x whiners "correct" that the music of the next generation (and everything else attached to the kids) is bad but the people who thought ur 90's stuff was el garbagio were....well?  hmmm?

anytime you want that list of great stuff from 2000 or even from 2012-u let me know

sorry: no flannel, whining, heroin, slacker/loser, pseudo "punk" stuff included but still so much great stuff I promise!

btw the only thing you said sillier than this stuff is when u told that "millenial" you and your generation of 30 somethings had "vast cultural experience"...hilarious! priceless! Laugh out loud, roll on the floor funny..

what vast cultural experience: Woodstock 99? A rave? buying Doc Martins and going to Starbucks? unbelievable...what an idjit!

honestly Russ I expected more from a Gen X 30-something....wait a minute no I didn't!

this will be the last time Russ...your on ur own now son

Kiss

PS: just think of me as the Bill Bellichick of Generations 

Sections
Shortcuts