Great Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Great Season

I just wanted to post after seeing all the whining i'm seeing on the boards, that what you all fail to realize that all in all this was a GREAT season. This team overcame so much and got so far with so little. Lets stop take a breath and look back on the season.

Off season, we lose Welker to free agency , no problem we are morphing into a 2 tight end beast team.

June, oops we lose our speed TE (wont say his name, he disgusts me). We now start are season with 3 rookies and unknown in Edleman and an oft hurt welker clone and a still recovering Gronk.

As the season progressed we were running an offense without Gronk, Vereen and Amandola, our main threats were 3 rookies and Edleman (who did a great job this season). Then it gets worse our defense begins to break apart, 1st down goes Wilfork, then Kelly then Mayo and Talib was a walking wounded almost the whole season. So how does this team respond.

They make all the way to the AFC Championship game, for crying out loud folks. Enjoy what you witnessed this year and stop your crying, I'm very proud of this team and look forward to Next year with what was started with the character of this team and the talent that will be coming back plus what we add in free agency to go along with whom we draft, you all should be smiling knowing that next year should in all likelyhood be our year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Great Season

Yeah, it was fabulous. Get used to it, because it's the best your getting as long as BB is GM. Whoopee!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Yeah, it was fabulous. Get used to it, because it's the best your getting as long as BB is GM. Whoopee!

Babe your an idiot, and you need to be banned. If you dont have anything good to say then get off my POST...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

Agree with the original post, I have told many people how much I enjoyed watching this team FIGHT all year.  I understand the frustration everyone has but being a sports fan,this team made me proud. Let all the haters unite around our loss. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to tg19pats' comment:

Agree with the original post, I have told many people how much I enjoyed watching this team FIGHT all year.  I understand the frustration everyone has but being a sports fan,this team made me proud. Let all the haters unite around our loss. 

Yup, I doubt anyone picked the Pats to go this far.

It's been another fun season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm betting a few other franchises would kill for a chance at the Super Bowl two years in a row.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

This roster coached by anyone else and QB'd by any one but Tb would be looking at Clowney and Bridgewater.  Great overachieving season for sure .

That being said...I'm leaning towards babe in the upgrade of our drafting department. Last year produced some jems and we might even squeak one WR out of the group, but overall We've been FORCED to overachieve. The injuries this season tempers that a bit but we need some studs this year if we are going to be serious contenders for another SB in the Brady era.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

The roster coached by anyone else and QB'd by any one but Tb would be looking at Clowney and Bridgewater.  Great overachieving season for sure .

That being said...I'm leaning towards babe in the upgrade of our drafting department. Last year produced some jems and we might even squeek one WR out of the group, but overall We've been FORCED to overachieve. The injuries this season tempers that a bit but we need some studs this year if we are going to be serious contenders for another SB in the Brady era.

So a Coach/GM who gets his team to the AFC championship 3 years in row and gets to a superbowl 1 time during that run, needs to be replaced??   um, yah okay.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:

The roster coached by anyone else and QB'd by any one but Tb would be looking at Clowney and Bridgewater.  Great overachieving season for sure .

That being said...I'm leaning towards babe in the upgrade of our drafting department. Last year produced some jems and we might even squeek one WR out of the group, but overall We've been FORCED to overachieve. The injuries this season tempers that a bit but we need some studs this year if we are going to be serious contenders for another SB in the Brady era.

So a Coach/GM who gets his team to the AFC championship 3 years in row and gets to a superbowl 1 time during that run, needs to be replaced??   um, yah okay.

Read before you comment. I NEVER said coach , gm or replace anyone...... But upgrade to our scouting and drafting department are needed.  Maybe your are speaking your gut without knowing it.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

Agree with the original Poster. Great season and I am looking forward to going back as a season ticket holder next season. Good job Patriots! The rest of you, stop your whining and don't feed the trolls

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:

Name another NFL team that has NEVER drafted quality WR and is hitting worse than the Mendoza line on DB's. If it is BB the GM's fault then start there, but to say the status quo with our drafting is good enough to get us another ring under Brady is homerism at its worse. BB the Coach is the best ever.......He can stay...BB the Gm.....ummmmm not so much!!!  Maybe sharing the hats would be a nice start instead of going all Shanahan over the front office!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

......for Denver and Seattle.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Only ONE team can win the SB every season. Too many fans here seem to think the Pats to be the one every season is unrealistic and when they don't win it, let alone get to the SB, we get the myriad of posts we do once they lose in the post season.

There are 32 fan bases in the NFL and we are blessed to have a franchise, which in the era beginning with the 2001 season, that has been in the hunt EVERY season to make the playoffs and be a contender for the SB.  How many can compare to these 13 years?  Yes, not winning a SB since 2005 is painful, especially the pain of the lost undefeated season when the team lost in SB42, which goes to prove winning the SB is not an easy task.  Enjoy this ride bacause one day we'll have to experience seasons like we did prior to 2001.  This forum will not be a fun place to be when that happens!

CONGRATS and THANK YOU, New England Patriots, for all you did to get through this season of ups and downs to give us fans something to cheer about.

Sections
Shortcuts