Great second half...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Great second half...

24 unanswered points, shut down the opposition. Defense was awesome. The running game was great to watch. Brady was truly a seasoned field general who made the right calls, including running for a 1st down. The coaches keyed in on going after the Dolphins QB all half long and harassed the heck out of him. This is a happy fan.

After the idiotic offensive coaching last week, this week was great. 37 running plays to 22 passes. Gained 152 yards on the ground, which started opening up passing lanes, especially for Dobson.

Ridley was the man! 14 carries, 79 yards, 5.6 yards/carry, 1 touchdown.

Best stat of all - team is 6-2, and 3-1 in the division.

Take that, naysayers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Great second half...

Been a long time since this team made a great 2nd half adjustment..was great to see it today. The D did not give up today....they get the game ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

For the life of me, I don't understand how Ridley is on the bench for basically the entire first half? He should be in for 2/3 of the snaps, and Bolden for the rest. If they give it Blount near the goal line again...waste of a down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

For the life of me, I don't understand how Ridley is on the bench for basically the entire first half? He should be in for 2/3 of the snaps, and Bolden for the rest. If they give it Blount near the goal line again...waste of a down.

I couldn't agree more. I am just glad they handed him the ball in the second half. But he should have 20-25 carries.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't completely understand this either.  Blount was good late in the game when they were just protecting the ball and running down the clock.  Bolden has been iffy.  I think Belichick still must not be comfortable with Ridley's ability to protect the ball.  That, or maybe Ridley's knee is still bothering him and they're limiting his snaps. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Rumor is Ridley and Ryan were benched for disciplinary reasons from over celebration from last week. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

At the end of 60 minutes, a score higher than the opponent with a W in the record salves all wounds of a horrible first half.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

I couldn't agree more. I am just glad they handed him the ball in the second half. But he should have 20-25 carries.

For the love of God...YES!!!

Be careful with those numbers up top. 22 passes is actually 26. 22 + 3 sacks + 1 breakdown and scramble by brady. Actual rushes were 33 after taking Brady's off.

They NEED to commit to the run more often. Ridley needs to be on the field more. Brady is throwing a pick a game lately, so the ball security is nonsense. Though I agree it's part of the thinking against him by the coaching staff. He needs to be on the field. Period. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

Rumor is Ridley and Ryan were benched for disciplinary reasons from over celebration from last week. 

That is what I had read also.  What a joke!  Logan apologized and paid a fine, get over it.  Just as silly as benching someone for making foot remarks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

That is what I had read also.  What a joke!  Logan apologized and paid a fine, get over it.  Just as silly as benching someone for making foot remarks.

TFB, where did you read this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

mike reiss tweeted it as a possible thought on why the two werent out there... atleast thats where i saw it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I believe Boomer said it during the 1/2 time show.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I believe Boomer said it during the 1/2 time show.

I missed that. Very strange. Well, BB has a system that he seems to impose without regard to the outcome so you have to respect that, I suppose. We need Ridley pretty badly this year to carry the ball ~20 times a game so hopefully all will be resolved soon. Blount is not a primary back and Bolden isn't the same runner. Ridley is pretty special.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

I get confused between them so I don't know if I am commenting on Blount or Bolden, or maybe both.  From what I saw, when he/they had the ball he/they were indicisive as to where to run and what is more, he (I don't know which one) seemed to be as slow as molasses.  What a change once Ridley was in there.  Funny thing was I said to my wife and friends "Where is Ridley?" and then on the very next play his name was mentioned.

This second half comeback was great but it was NOT Brady doing a comeback.  This was a total team effort in the comeback.  Brady was, at best, a good QB in the comeback.  Once again, in yet another game, he has simply not been "Brady".  I saw a number of misfires, including throwing behind the receivers and into triple coverages.  That INT should have been a back-shoulder throw so that only Gronk would have been able to receive it.  He did do a very uncharacteristic scramble for a first down, and it was a very nice TD pass to Dobson.  On the whole, though, he has only been a little better than average [NFL] QB this season (except for one drive against NO).  Certainly not the HOF QB we have come to love and expect.

We were also lucky, for once, with the ref's call.  It sure looked to me like he was trying to grab the ball and not swat it away.  Oh, well, maybe that makes up a little for that horrible call last week that cost us the game.  Without that one, and had we gone on to win, we would have been 7-1 with the Jets at 3-5 and the division would have been basically locked up.  I'll take 6-2, though with  two game lead.

Unfortunately, even with all the gritty play, with all the injuries I don't hold out great hopes for a super bowl.  Then again, after that horrendous first half I didn't hold out much hope for winning yesterday's game.  Hopefully I will be wrong again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thats BB being smart and benching his best player for some sort of discipline. I think he has been in the doghouse since his 1st fumble. You can tell because everytime he scores, he seems to be saying something. Just like the Wes benching in the playoffs, I thought it was a dumb move that almost cost us the game. We sputtered through the 1st quarter with Blount as our lead back and the minute Ridley came in, our offense started clicking. I was hoping Ridley was hurt, but when I saw him come out AFTER 2 brutal series with Blount and one ok with Bolden, I was p/o'd....like W T F , calm ur ego down for a bit and lets try and win a game.

KuDOs for the 1st successfull half time adjustment I saw all Year!  BLITZ!!!! The Dolphins gave up more sacks than us going in....Glad they finally realized the way to beat them. Great game by Logan!

The Center called him out!!! and he still came in untouched!

Btw,. anybody get a chance to see some OTHER Qbs with their full compliment of weapons from last year?? Guys like Matty Ryan?? Eli, Matt Schaub!? All these guys HAD their same weapons and have played much Worse than Brady! We should welcome the competition within the division cuz its gonna make us better down the stretch. Beat these Bum Steelers, get some rest and regroup. Scrap the Bummy Plays and start stringing some W's. Denver may be in trouble!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Been a long time since this team made a great 2nd half adjustment..was great to see it today. The D did not give up today....they get the game ball.

complete opposite of last week eh...?  Third qter meltdown last week turned into resurgence this week...

Cant underestimate the home crowds help to get those juices flowing in the right direction (and the reverse for Miami.)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Lets be honest - if down 17-3 at half to a GOOD team, no way Pats come back. Just lucky they played a sub par Miami team

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Lets be honest - if down 17-3 at half to a GOOD team, no way Pats come back. Just lucky they played a sub par Miami team

I seem to remember from the distant past when a rather crappy Patriot team was down something like 21-3 at the half to a dominant Vikings team and a guy named Plunkett led us to a win.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:

I seem to remember from the distant past when a rather crappy Patriot team was down something like 21-3 at the half to a dominant Vikings team and a guy named Plunkett led us to a win.

How about vs San Fran last year. No need to go that far back..lol. Sure we lost, but Brady got us back in it after being down 4 scores

• You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Actually, the way I saw it was that the DL stunk all day, especially in the first half. It got no penetration and was gashed repeatedly by Miami running backs.  The second half was a different story because we finally blitzed, got sacks (6) and hurried Tannehill into throwing two picks. I guess I'd give the game ball to whoever changed the strategy from "bend don't break" to putting some heat on the QB.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to SLGDEV's comment:

How about vs San Fran last year. No need to go that far back..lol. Sure we lost, but Brady got us back in it after being down 4 scores

Thanks for making my point! Pats LOST the San Fran game

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Bb said he made no O adjustments at half timetime

• Sections
    Shortcuts