Great Summary Of Patriot Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Re: Great Summary Of Patriot Season

Great article, sums up the season perfectly. It has been a tremendous effort all around. Props of course to Brady and BB, but also to all the backups and rookies who have been thrown into the fire, and mostly have come out and contributed.

There are some players who deserve some extra laurels IMO.

Edelman for staying healthy, and stepping up his game. I really don't want to go into the Welker vs. Edelman debate, but rather just look at his contributions on their own. And he has been a focalpoint for the offense all season, reliable, productive. And great as a PR.

Logan Ryan. Has not played all that many snaps, but he has been a playmaker when on the field. Has stepped up when either Talib or Dennard was out.

Ryan Allen. Zoltan who?

Chris Jones/Vellano/Siliga. Having to step in for Wilfork and Kelly is not a small feat, and while not the strength of the team, they have steadied the ship in recent weeks.

I have a great feeling about the playoffs. And I love the fact that they at #2 are being treated as underdogs.

I think this team has what it takes. With the bye week they have a chance to get some of all the minor injuries healed up. With DMC, Talib and Dennard, Vereen, Dobson, Boyce all back at near 100% they are gonna be a tall order for any team. I badly hope for a division game vs the Bengals and then a AFCCG vs. the Broncos. Ultimately a SB vs either Seahawks or Panthers would be awesome.

If you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Great summary, thanks for posting. That basically sums up the Pats as a whole

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You guys see it like I do and I am totally impressed with this team. As they always say there is no I in team but this year they have lived that way. They are battle tested and ready. from Ridley to Dobson, Ryan to Siliga, Slater to Edelman and Brady growing his legacy with Belichick. Can't be many teams that would want to play them in the playoffs. This could truly be the team of folklore for the fanbase and I, for one, am all in. 2014 will be the SB ring we've been fighting for for 8 years. Thanks to all the like minded fans  and the Patriots haters out there laying the framwork for true greatness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Good post...

This season has been a fun ride and shows how truly gritty this team is.

For the most part since BB & TB have been here this team has always fought & played hard except for perhap the one year they were blown out by the ravens in the 1st round. 

Most organizations are a reflection of the leadership in place and I believe as long as Kraft, Belichik & Brady are part of that leadership this team will be SB competititve.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good post...

This season has been a fun ride and shows how truly gritty this team is.

For the most part since BB & TB have been here this team has always fought & played hard except for perhap the one year they were blown out by the ravens in the 1st round. 

Most organizations are a reflection of the leadership in place and I believe as long as Kraft, Belichik & Brady are part of that leadership this team will be SB competititve.

[/QUOTE]

IMO, this season had more exciting finishes than 2007.

[/QUOTE]

no doubt. Although that year the ravens, Gints, eagles & colts games were pretty exciting regular season games. This year based on everything they have had to overcome I would have to agree with you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Pats represent the quintessential "team" concept.  There are no prima donnas on the team, and if anyone could strut like one, Brady could and he doesn't.  There is no way anyone can blame one player for any negative issues for this team. (unlike some)  They all do their best as one can expect of professional football players.  Players who come to this team from other organizations speak very highly of the manner in which the Patriot organization conducts itself.  Those that do speak unkindly towards it have tended to be the "I'm more important than the team" types and they do not stay around too long, do they?

I wonder how this squad compares to the one that won the first SB title?  Back then, there were a lot of unknowns, especially at QB, and they did win it all to the surprise of many.  They were not a juggernaut of a team then and are not now, but, I'd dare say the offense is better and the defense is a question mark.  When you add it all up, we could have another 2001 type of winning SB team.  They have the same chance as the other 11 teams in the playoffs today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to noahsark99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You guys see it like I do and I am totally impressed with this team. As they always say there is no I in team but this year they have lived that way. They are battle tested and ready. from Ridley to Dobson, Ryan to Siliga, Slater to Edelman and Brady growing his legacy with Belichick. Can't be many teams that would want to play them in the playoffs. This could truly be the team of folklore for the fanbase and I, for one, am all in. 2014 will be the SB ring we've been fighting for for 8 years. Thanks to all the like minded fans  and the Patriots haters out there laying the framwork for true greatness.

[/QUOTE]

well, I would still have to say that we can't fumble 4 times + 1 INT like the Bills game. Sure, we recovered the 4 fumbles - but I doubt we'd be that lucky during a playoff game.

[/QUOTE]

Well that's an easy comment to make but, oddly enough, if you can fit the fumbles and inteceptions into a WIN then it can and sometimes does happen. My point is that this team seems to be able to win even with all our injuries and flaws. Why? Because all our players contribute and no one gives up. We'll play anyone and right now will probably win. Yes, we can even win ugly and oftenas long as we win! Go Pats!

Sections
Shortcuts