Great win for our Patriots tonight....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Great win for our Patriots tonight....

We threw the young guys into the fire on offense and got them some valuable PT. The defense, while still playing a very vanilla defensive game plan won the game for us. I saw offensive skill position players with good athletic ability. The E/P offensive system is complicated, these guys will need reps, and they will need confidence.

Great grind it out effort by Julin Edelman, and great effort by Ridley running into a wall his last 10 carries and not fumbling/ killing some clock.

2-0 with a brand new receiving core, (literally) no Gronk,Danny, or Vareen, and for some reason what appears to be a step above a preseason defensive game plan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Great win for our Patriots tonight....

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

We threw the young guys into the fire on offense and got them some valuable PT. The defense, while still playing a very vanilla defensive game plan won the game for us. I saw offensive skill position players with good athletic ability. The E/P offensive system is complicated, these guys will need reps, and they will need confidence.

Great grind it out effort by Julin Edelman, and great effort by Ridley running into a wall his last 10 carries and not fumbling/ killing some clock.

2-0 with a brand new receiving core, (literally) no Gronk,Danny, or Vareen, and for some reason what appears to be a step above a preseason defensive game plan.

Great is a little hyperbolic i would say (is that even a word) but I would say Jets and Bills fans must be ripping their hair out right about now. This is probably the weakest Pats team since 2000 and they still managed to get 2 wins. If they can stay afloat until the offensive reinforcements arrive (Gronk, Vareen and Danny A) they should be allright going down the stretch. I just have no faith that Edleman can make it much longer at this rate. He's as injury prone as anyone in the NFL. These new guys need to improve fast and Brady needs to control his temper. It will probably just cause the new receivers to be even more nervous. I understand his frustration but clearly they are not a top 10 offense anymore. They will need to scratch and claw for awhile and hopefully the young guys will improve. It looks like they can get open on deep routes at least.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Beautiful win.

That's football. Pouring rain, rookies making mistakes, injuries piling up, brawl at the end...

Beautiful

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

[QUOTE]

Great is a little hyperbolic i would say (is that even a word) but I would say Jets and Bills fans must be ripping their hair out right about now. This is probably the weakest Pats team since 2000 and they still managed to get 2 wins. If they can stay afloat until the offensive reinforcements arrive (Gronk, Vareen and Danny A) they should be allright going down the stretch. I just have no faith that Edleman can make it much longer at this rate. He's as injury prone as anyone in the NFL. These new guys need to improve fast and Brady needs to control his temper. It will probably just cause the new receivers to be even more nervous. I understand his frustration but clearly they are not a top 10 offense anymore. They will need to scratch and claw for awhile and hopefully the young guys will improve. It looks like they can get open on deep routes at least.

[/QUOTE]I truly consider it a great win as I don't think we can play this poorly again. I agree about Brady, but as you say it HAS to bother him. Moss, WW, Stalworth, Gronk, Hern, Loyd, to Edelman as the only guy on the same page.....but time changes that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I buy less into this theory that simply playing will make guys better. Does that really work? I mean the player needs to have the talent to start with.  I also do not give Ridley credit for simply not fumbling while averaging 2.5 ypc (you could just to QB sneaks every play with a similar result).

I do agree it was a good win, because all wins are good. The Jets offense is not going to lead the NFL in anything (except maybe turnovers),  but the D did it's job. It allowed a couple of long passes, but neither led to scores. Smith made mistakes and they took advantage of them.

10 days before the next game and facing Tampa Bay means, they could be easily be 3-0 and have time to get some players healthy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

[QUOTE]

Beautiful win.

That's football. Pouring rain, rookies making mistakes, injuries piling up, brawl at the end...

Beautiful

[/QUOTE]

+1.

Love it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I buy less into this theory that simply playing will make guys better. Does that really work? I mean the player needs to have the talent to start with.  I also do not give Ridley credit for simply not fumbling while averaging 2.5 ypc (you could just to QB sneaks every play with a similar result).

I do agree it was a good win, because all wins are good. The Jets offense is not going to lead the NFL in anything (except maybe turnovers),  but the D did it's job. It allowed a couple of long passes, but neither led to scores. Smith made mistakes and they took advantage of them.

10 days before the next game and facing Tampa Bay means, they could be easily be 3-0 and have time to get some players healthy.

Im not sure experience helping people perform in the field of their choosing can be considered a theory. 

In regards to Ridley and his average, it is tough to run for lots of yards when you are hit in the back field on your last 10 carries.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Truechamp = Truth.

Believe it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

These kids will only get better, the moaners thinking the rooks should know it all at this point are the only unrealistic ones...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to stegall85's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Beautiful win.

Beautiful

[/QUOTE]

+1.

Love it!

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

Im not sure experience helping people perform in the field of their choosing can be considered a theory. 

In regards to Ridley and his average, it is tough to run for lots of yards when you are hit in the back field on your last 10 carries.

[/QUOTE]

I am questioning whether people get people from experience. I am say that just experience does not make you a great (or even good NFL player). You need to have the baseline of talent. Chad Jackson and Bethel Johnson both got playing time as rookies with Brady and neither turned into even and average NFL receiver.  

I wasn't disagreeing about Ridley getting hit in the backfield. I am just saying that I am not giving him credit for simply holding onto the ball. I do not want the bar set that low. The running game was terrible today and I think that was mostly on the offensive line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Great is too strong a term for it. But it was a good win against a so-so team. A better QB would have picked our defense apart. And our rookie receivers, yes they are getting valuable playing time but it's not clear how good they actually are. That said we are very lucky to be starting the season with these weak teams and if we go anywhere later in the year these will be key wins for us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

These kids will only get better, the moaners thinking the rooks should know it all at this point are the only unrealistic ones...

Let's hope TB and BB will have more patience than the people here. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Great is too strong a term for it. But it was a good win against a so-so team. A better QB would have picked our defense apart. And our rookie receivers, yes they are getting valuable playing time but it's not clear how good they actually are. That said we are very lucky to be starting the season with these weak teams and if we go anywhere later in the year these will be key wins for us.

interested in how you formed this opinion?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Every win is good.  Division wins are great.  But no denying it was an ugly win. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The division wins will be important when the season ends...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Brady needs to control his temper. It will probably just cause the new receivers to be even more nervous.

Nervous receivers need to be out of the NFL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Every win is good.  Division wins are great.  But no denying it was an ugly win. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Coyote ugly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Agreed, great reps for the young guys. Hope Edelman can stay healthy.  Gronk adds a whole new dimension in the red zone offense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Disagree, young guys need time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Agreed, the young guys will come together at some point.  I really dont think they are that far away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

The young guns were nervous obviously but they showed a knack but beating their man and getting open, they just didn't always know where to break, stop or catch the  ball in their hands but they will calm down and get on the same page with TB and by December this offense will be very strong again.  By next year it will be elite again.  You can see the talent, they just need the time. I'll bet by next year our WR corp will look a lot more like Denver's, once these rooks become Vets (Except Amendola will still be hurt so hopefully Boyce can play the Welker role.  He seems to be built sort of like WW)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Totally agree.

Yes it was an ugly win but I saw a defense that made plays when they needed to, an offense that was missing 3 major offensive weapons and still scored enough to win. Time and reps - that's what the young receivers need.

2-0 going into a well earned 10 days before the next game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ya we can drop the great for sure. It's a win and as another poster has pointed out the early schedule is a blessing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

No, no denying it was ugly.

Reasons for pessimism: No Gronk, No Amendola, No Vereen, rookies not on page with Brady, OL (tonight) poor in creating holes for Ridley and Blount. KR has been flat. Ghost had a miss.

Reasons for optimism: Gronk returns in 1-2 weeks, Amendola returns in 4-6 weeks (I think that is the timetable at the moment), Vereen returns in Week 11. Meanwhile the rookies get valuable reps with Brady. The OL is still exellent in pass protection, and is usually better helping the running backs. The D has played well, and better this year compared to playing similar teams in previous years. PR have been good. Ghost was clutch against Buffalo, making the gamewinner, something he failed to do last year vs. Arizona. There doesn't seem to have been a major drop in punting, and return coverage has been well in general, which was a concern in preseason.

Supra societatem nemo

Sections
Shortcuts