In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Brady's receptions/targets were as follows:

Dobson 4/5

Amendola 3/6

Gronk 2/5

Edelman 2/2

Bolden 2/2

Thompkins 0/1

Really, he spread the ball around pretty well.  Dobson was pretty good, I thought, in the second half. 

Exactly my count as well, 4/5 to Dobson with the lone missed connection a pass in the first that Dobson couldn't reach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Great WR Win Games!!!!

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Dobson 4/5

Amendola 3/6

Gronk 2/5

Edelman 2/2

Bolden 2/2

Thompkins 0/1

Really, he spread the ball around pretty well.  Dobson was pretty good, I thought, in the second half. 

Exactly my count as well, 4/5 to Dobson with the lone missed connection a pass in the first that Dobson couldn't reach.

Nice to spread the ball around like that but those numers are pathetic.  Our WR's can't get open.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Dobson drops a ball that hits him in the numbers, then makes three pretty great catches.  ???

To be fair to management, they weren't counting on the whole Hernandez issue.  With him on this team, it's a far more dynamic offense.  How many times did we see him line up at WR last season alone, if only as a distraction?  By the time that stuff went down, there was nothing out there to pick up.

To be honest, I think they've done a predictable job with what they've got.  Two brand new receivers with zero NFL experience are part of the reason this team is 6-2.  Both of these guys are going to be something in this league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Dobson 4/5

Amendola 3/6

Gronk 2/5

Edelman 2/2

Bolden 2/2

Thompkins 0/1

Nice to spread the ball around like that but those numers are pathetic.  Our WR's can't get open.

Yep . . . but Dobson, I think, is starting to turn into a decent receiver.  Give him a few more games.  I think he's going to be at least decent.  Gronk has not looked good to me yet.  He seems tentative and isn't fighting for the ball.  It may be that the groin is still affecting him, but Amendola hasn't looked very good to me.  I think there's a big step backwards from Welker to Amendola and Edelman.  I think when Vereen comes back, we'll see the backs more involved. Bolden had two receptions today, but none of the current backs is a truly exceptional receiver.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

My uncle teaches at Georgia Tech. Johnson has been a beast for some time, however, Detroit obviously missed on many WR 1st rounders (Williams, Charles Rogers) before drafting Johnson. Johnson is the type of WR you see maybe once every six years in the draft and that type pf player is always a top five pick. Your team has to s--k to get him. I killed it in fantasy today with Megatron so I don't want to belittle him, but you don\t win the Super Bowl with a great fantasy team. IMHO three 1sts would be a reasonable offer for CJ, and even then its dicey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to yakv's comment:

what the pats are missing is a great WR , calvin jonhson manhandled dallas with 329 yards in a game what danny amendola might not do all season and matt INT stafford ia throwing to him.

Great WR take control of games beat double and triple teams but instead the pats WR vore makes brady look like ryan leaf , underthrown overthrown passes , dropa offensive PI running the wrong routes , games are won by good WR , bolden destroyed us in the AFFCG , manningham in the superbowl ,.

with what we have in the WR Core we have to relay on the defense ,

BB had all offseason to bring someone but instead we have tom brady looking like ryan leaf .

thanks BB

Tell me again when they win a SB. Good luck

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Dobson 4/5

Amendola 3/6

Gronk 2/5

Edelman 2/2

Bolden 2/2

Thompkins 0/1

Lol Looks like they should cut gronk based on these numbers...(Sarcasm just in case u didnt get it). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Watching Brady trying to throw to guys that are covered all day is getting nauseating. Looks like Thompkins has hit his ceiling and it's obvious what we have in Amendola at this point...take away Dobson's one play and we got nothing out of the receivers today. It wasn't good enough last week, it's not good enough now...it won't be good enough faking forward. 

And what happened to Austin Collie?

its been half a season and the offense isnt looking good at all we can run the bakk but there is no seperation ,no deep threat just 3 slot WR and one good TE , one you clog the middle were done shades of a football life 2009

Um we had  150 yds running?

TBs wrist was Great fruit

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Dobson 4/5

Amendola 3/6

Gronk 2/5

Edelman 2/2

Bolden 2/2

Thompkins 0/1

yes but you don't understand this is the Roman. mob here

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

THAT IS GARBAGE!

They were open all day!  Gronk doulbed and tripled!  Edelman and Dobson were both open deep vs TB earlier this yerar waving at Brady.

Brady has sucked.

Get over it.

He's fallen into some TERRIBLE habits after being spoiled since 2007.

No they were not.  Brady was looking all over the place and when nobody was open he would throw it to Gronk to see if he could make a play.  Amendola, Edelman and Collie could not get open today. 

They sucked!

Get over it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hard to tell where all the receivers are on TV.  We'll have a better idea of how open receivers were when the coaches tape comes out later this week.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Hard to tell where all the receivers are on TV.  We'll have a better idea of how open receivers were when the coaches tape comes out later this week.  

How about impossible to tell. You can catch glimpses, but not enough to really judge.  

Anyway, some games there's not a lot of open receivers and the windows are really tight. The best QBs can fit it in those windows, that's exactly why they're the best. Brady, when he's playing well, is one of the best. The average guys can't make those throws, not consistently. That's why they're average NFL QBs and will never be better than that. The below average ones won't even try.

Naturally, Brady has the most confidence in guys who've been around a few years like Gronk and Edelman. He'll try and fit it in there with those guys. He's getting there with Dobson,you can see that developing, even on TV. Not sure where Thompkins was today, but it seems as if he is getting there with him as well. Amendola is still a work in progress, needs to be on the field more than one week in a row.

This is why I don't think trading for a receiver is a great move. It might be fine for next year and beyond, but not this year. There's not enough time. Now if it's a guy with great vertical speed, or great size and leaping ability, guys like Gordon, you throw those guys open even if they're covered. But I seriously doubt anybody like that is going to be traded by Tuesday.

Brady hasn't been great this year, but I don't think it's any one thing. It think he's been off his game and when you add in a number of new guys, the injuries, etc...

They're 6-2, and getting better. That's all that matters. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

How about impossible to tell. You can catch glimpses, but not enough to really judge.  

Anyway, some games there's not a lot of open receivers and the windows are really tight. The best QBs can fit it in those windows, that's exactly why they're the best. Brady, when he's playing well, is one of the best. The average guys can't make those throws, not consistently. That's why they're average NFL QBs and will never be better than that. The below average ones won't even try.

Naturally, Brady has the most confidence in guys who've been around a few years like Gronk and Edelman. He'll try and fit it in there with those guys. He's getting there with Dobson,you can see that developing, even on TV. Not sure where Thompkins was today, but it seems as if he is getting there with him as well. Amendola is still a work in progress, needs to be on the field more than one week in a row.

This is why I don't think trading for a receiver is a great move. It might be fine for next year and beyond, but not this year. There's not enough time. Now if it's a guy with great vertical speed, or great size and leaping ability, guys like Gordon, you throw those guys open even if they're covered. But I seriously doubt anybody like that is going to be traded by Tuesday.

Brady hasn't been great this year, but I don't think it's any one thing. It think he's been off his game and when you add in a number of new guys, the injuries, etc...

They're 6-2, and getting better. That's all that matters. 

Good, balanced post on a site that sees fewer and fewer of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This team won three superbowls with WRs like Troy Brown, David Patten and Deion Branch.  How many did it win with Moss, one of the best WRs to ever play?  Oh yeah...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

This team won three superbowls with WRs like Troy Brown, David Patten and Deion Branch.  How many did it win with Moss, one of the best WRs to ever play?  Oh yeah...

Sure, you can win with average receivers and lose with great ones.  Happens all the time.  But that doesn't mean great receivers aren't better to have than average ones. Really, teams win because they have lots of good things going for them and few bad things. If you have bad receivers, you better be good elsewhere.  If you have good receivers, then maybe they can compensate for your being bad somewhere else.  Good receivers help you win.  If you don't have good receivers, you better be good elsewhere. The Super Bowl winning teams all had good to great defenses and better offensive talent than people seem to remember.  The 2007 team simply couldn't overcome the mismatch between its O line and the Giants' D line.  The 2011 team was a very weak team talentwise, with a poor secondary and (given Gronk's injury) a fairly limited set of offensive weapons. The 2006 team really was hurt by it's poor receivers in the Championship game.  So was last year's team. Every situation is different, but having good receivers clearly helps you, and it's certainly no advantage to have mediocre ones. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Yep, these are our fans! Spoiled, whiny, negative. After a win...

Now why would you say such a thing??  This forum is a veritable lyceum of rational though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

what the pats are missing is a great WR , calvin jonhson manhandled dallas with 329 yards in a game what danny amendola might not do all season and matt INT stafford ia throwing to him.

Great WR take control of games beat double and triple teams but instead the pats WR vore makes brady look like ryan leaf , underthrown overthrown passes , dropa offensive PI running the wrong routes , games are won by good WR , bolden destroyed us in the AFFCG , manningham in the superbowl ,.

with what we have in the WR Core we have to relay on the defense ,

BB had all offseason to bring someone but instead we have tom brady looking like ryan leaf .

thanks BB

We have Gronk.   If he stays healthy he can dominate like other receivers.   Shame to see his TD called back yesterday on ticky tack holding penalty (which was payback for other bad penalties that went against dolphins------ refs suck plain and simple)   ... 

Brady just needs to relax and get the ball out with accuracy.   
    Pats have a good mix of players who can do damage.  MCD needs to dial up some new ploays that will spring these guys...  Simple as that .  More crossing stuff over the middle. More end arounds attacking the edge.  More underneath stuff to your speed guys... 

MCD is so stale as a play caller.  I thought his experience coming back a second time would have brought with it a  better understanding of how to attack the whole field and the consequentiol variety in play calling necessary to carry this out.......... Not seeing it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

No need to wait, my brother in law was at the game yesterday.  He said the receivers were not getting open, at times it seemed like Brady could have stood in the pocket for 5 minutes and they still wouldn't have found away to get open.  He said finally the one play Brady just said forget about it and ran the ball and had a few words to a couple receivers on the way back to the huddle.  Then while he was waiting for someone to get free he decided just to chuck it up in the air hoping the big man Gronkowski could come down with it.  He also said the only chemistry he has with the receivers is with Gronkowski.  Finds it odd because Edelman has been there a long time and should be able to make plays, but he can't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Sure, you can win with average receivers and lose with great ones.  Happens all the time.  But that doesn't mean great receivers aren't better to have than average ones. Really, teams win because they have lots of good things going for them and few bad things. If you have bad receivers, you better be good elsewhere.  If you have good receivers, then maybe they can compensate for your being bad somewhere else.  Good receivers help you win.  If you don't have good receivers, you better be good elsewhere. The Super Bowl winning teams all had good to great defenses and better offensive talent than people seem to remember.  The 2007 team simply couldn't overcome the mismatch between its O line and the Giants' D line.  The 2011 team was a very weak team talentwise, with a poor secondary and (given Gronk's injury) a fairly limited set of offensive weapons. The 2006 team really was hurt by it's poor receivers in the Championship game.  So was last year's team. Every situation is different, but having good receivers clearly helps you, and it's certainly no advantage to have mediocre ones. 

Sure, and I agree with your point.  But the OP suggests we need a guy like Calvin Johnson.  There are probably a handful of guys with his talent-level at WR in the league.  ANYONE could use that guy.  But adding some persepective to the argument - a guy like that is just not attainable.  Unless the Cardinals are looking to unload Fitzgerald and BB is willing to take on his salary. 

There is a reason this team has depth - because its best player is not paid on par with other QBs league-wide and the money Brady could get paid is more evenly distributed.  Money is not wasted on the Mike Wallaces of the world in FA (Make your own conclusions if the Pats' FA money is well-spent.)  There is a reason why this team has no Calvin Johnson - it's never bad enough to get a top 5 pick. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Sure, and I agree with your point.  But the OP suggests we need a guy like Calvin Johnson.  There are probably a handful of guys with his talent-level at WR in the league.  ANYONE could use that guy.  But adding some persepective to the argument - a guy like that is just not attainable.  Unless the Cardinals are looking to unload Fitzgerald and BB is willing to take on his salary. 

There is a reason this team has depth - because its best player is not paid on par with other QBs league-wide and the money Brady could get paid is more evenly distributed.  Money is not wasted on the Mike Wallaces of the world in FA (Make your own conclusions if the Pats' FA money is well-spent.)  There is a reason why this team has no Calvin Johnson - it's never bad enough to get a top 5 pick. 

Good point...  If you are going to top load your cap at one position its QB... WR receiver doesnt handle the ball as much as people think especially when balls are forced into double and triple coverage.

Sections
Shortcuts