Green Bay just got Goodelled

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Re: Green Bay just got Goodelled

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

pats got screwed pretty close to as bad as this....the whole last possession the ravens had was gifted by the refs....

ROT

you got issues dude.....how you havent been banned yet is beyond me....you add nothing to this forum and always have to start sh!t with people....

totally untrue and u know it...i am commenting on ur ridiculous pats persecution complex...if u bothered to look u would also see i commented on goodell...and there we agree

The Giants are persecuted by their own fans... which is bad enough.  Fans in every corner feel like their team is persecuted to some extent, but, when you see articles about the Pats in various media, the posts made in resposne to those articles are harsher against the Pats than one normally sees for other teams. 

You guys do know the JINTS is a Jets fan pretending to be a Giants fan because they beat the Pats right?  Last year until the JEST were done he was all about the J E T S and then he became a Giants fan...He only likes the giants when they beat the Pats.  If the Jest win another game this year he might change his tune again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Trent Dilfer:

"the same thing happened last night when two ghost calls extended baltimore drives for touch downs"

Thanks Dilfer for speaking up about this as the game was simply swept under the rug with high praises for the Ravens and Torey Smith. The media keeps harping on about the game getting out of control of the refs. It's waaaaaay more blatant than that! The Patriots were absolutely robbed in this game and at the very least should send in a tape to the league with the 17 horrible calls that were made!!!! I now expect the Patriots and Packers to both go on 12 game winning streaks!

One last point about last nights game, if they had the ability to determine possession through replay (which they should!!) they would have gotten the last call right. They also need to allow replay to review pass interference/holding which should clearly be challengable calls!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Th refs are officiating poorly. An unbiased opinion from Canadian Newspaper:

http://blogs.canoe.ca/nosebleeds/football/nfl-replacement-refs-are-a-serious-problem/

Again I seldom post links and I seldom complain about the refs, however, if I did complain I would be part of the not-so-silent majority at this point.

Michael

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

just when you thought it was next to impossible that a FG would go directly over the goalpost  (and wobbly which in effect widens the profile of the ball making it more likely to have broken the outside line of the post)....

you get this  ...  A simultaneously  possessed ball as receiver and db hit the ground , ending the play (after blatant PI on Seattle which took out TWO defenders).

if you take out the pi which is missed judgment call, (as in too bad) , the call was correct.  While in the air, both players clutched the ball to their bodies and they landed like Siamese twins.

cry about the pi but that is rarely called.

the refs got it right .  They even reviewed it. So the patriots were goodelled much worse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Listening to ESPN while driving down the NYS thruway this morning.....

I hadn't known that 3 of the officials from last night had actually been bounced from the Pac 10 because they were terrible. Not only are they using Div 2 refs but they're using refs who weren't even considered good enough for college games.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

just when you thought it was next to impossible that a FG would go directly over the goalpost  (and wobbly which in effect widens the profile of the ball making it more likely to have broken the outside line of the post)....

you get this  ...  A simultaneously  possessed ball as receiver and db hit the ground , ending the play (after blatant PI on Seattle which took out TWO defenders).

if you take out the pi which is missed judgment call, (as in too bad) , the call was correct.  While in the air, both players clutched the ball to their bodies and they landed like Siamese twins.

the refs got it right .  They even reviewed it. So the patriots were goodelled much worse.

while i agree the pats and packers both got shafted, the packers got it worse, that was one of the worst calls i have ever seen.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I agree, the Packers had it worse, that was an INT.  The PI though blatant is not reviewable, but they should have seen the INT.

I do wish they had reviewed the final kick on the Pats game.  They should have cameras directly behind the goal post just for those calls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm more and more convinced that a number of the replacement refs made a secret handshake with the referees' union.  Don't blow calls until the game is absolutely on the line.  One hand washes the other.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

A Ref who was dismissed from the Lingerie Football League for poor performance is now a replacement Ref for the NFL :

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---lingerie-football-league-commissioner-mocks-nfl-for-its-low-officiating-standards.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Oh K, I think you are giving the replacement refs way too much credit.  Maybe they should fire them and let the TV announcers make the calls they seem to know everything!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Oh K, I think you are giving the replacement refs way too much credit.  Maybe they should fire them and let the TV announcers make the calls they seem to know everything!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Listening to ESPN while driving down the NYS thruway this morning.....

I hadn't known that 3 of the officials from last night had actually been bounced from the Pac 10 because they were terrible. Not only are they using Div 2 refs but they're using refs who weren't even considered good enough for college games.

One of that game's refs actually got fired from the Lingerie League.  Seriously.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The review should have stopped at the offensive pass interference non-call.  Done deal.  Is that reviewable if no ref threw a flag? 

It's the only part of the call that the NFL office admitted to.  Should have been a flag.  But I'm willing to bet that in the review booth, the discussion was centered around keeping the refs safe and not having a riot.  If that call had been overturned Seattle would've gone nuts.

Every Seattle player and fan who watched that play will agree with the PI non-call.  Most obvious call in the past, well, forever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

And we thought the Pats got scr-wed. Wow, nothing compared to what happened to Green Bay tonight. This league is getting near impossible to watch. Everyone is getting Goodelled.....

I don't know what was worse, the call or the Seahawks acting as if they won the game legititemally!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to Steelcurtain75's comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

And we thought the Pats got scr-wed. Wow, nothing compared to what happened to Green Bay tonight. This league is getting near impossible to watch. Everyone is getting Goodelled.....

I don't know what was worse, the call or the Seahawks acting as if they won the game legititemally!

Great point.  Pete Carroll's response was laughable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to soups' comment:

The review should have stopped at the offensive pass interference non-call.  Done deal.  Is that reviewable if no ref threw a flag? 

It's the only part of the call that the NFL office admitted to.  Should have been a flag.  But I'm willing to bet that in the review booth, the discussion was centered around keeping the refs safe and not having a riot.  If that call had been overturned Seattle would've gone nuts.

Every Seattle player and fan who watched that play will agree with the PI non-call.  Most obvious call in the past, well, forever.

The excuse is that they never call PI on hail mary passes. What they're ignoring is that they don't call it when everyone is going up for the ball. This occured way before the ball got there possibly before it was even thrown. It was like crosschecking without the hockey stick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I'm not a fan of Seattle or GB but had the interception stood, Seattle fans would be screaming too since their guy had possesion of the ball as well as the GB guy.  Equal possesion is the rule, not who catches it first or last.  I was just happy to see GB lose.  I don't care how they lose.  They have had to many favorable calls over the last few years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Let me preface this by saying that I haven't read the entire thread, so I apologize if somebody has already made this point, but nobody got "screwed," Monday night or Sunday night or any night. Officials are fallible and there is no reason to believe that a regular crew might not have seen the dual possession, or missed the offensive pass interference. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think replay officials can call penalties. The Packers (and the Pats) played poorly enough to lose, and they lost. Frankly, I'm more annoyed by the sheer breadth of incompetence in the Pats-Ravens game than by one crucial mistake that gives the  appearance of costing the Packers the game when the reality is that they didn't play well enough to win.

The replacement officials are an easy target and the truth is that players appear to be trying to get away with more than they normally might. In such a scenario, you're going to get some of the calls and you're going to take the pipe sometimes. Living in the shadow of the Green Bay market, I'm probably hearing more of this than most of you and may be a tad more jaded about it, but everybody has to play under the same nebulous officiating, so in the long run it's all going to even out (or it won't). In any case, come playoff time I suspect most every team will have some reasonably legitimate gripe about how they got hosed (or their opponent got a gift). We're simply going to have to get down with the idea that what happens on the field won't necessarily determine the outcome of the game . . .   but really . . .   we had all these same gripes about the regular officials. They never got anything right, either . . .   did they?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

oh bull****...the packer came down-on the ground on his back- with the ball in both hands clutched to his chest -in fact someone posted the picture right on this board...and then tate ripped it out during the melee on the ground...and they reviewed squat-it should have been called correctly on the field and in the mess that followed it gave them an easy out to say no conclusive evidence...and the missed pi is not a judgement or missed call, it didnt matter b/c one, the packers had the ball, clean and completely and two, that gave the nfl pr flacks who insult our intelligence a way to "accept blame" without admitting the egregiously bad call on the possession...

also, funny how some of u said the refs said the fg-which was good-stand b/c they were in baltimore well duh! they were in seattle! get it?

boy some of u gotta be high

Right... High on being right ... If there is a rule for simultaneous possession (WHICH THERE IS) this is the case in point.  Clearly GB closes his head down on the ball first BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER .  He's still in the air. You don't get possession til you hit the ground . At which time tate was clutching the ball too.

IT DOESN'T MATTER that it looks more like an interception than a touchdown . The tuck rule play looked like a fumble...learn  the rules , don't blame the refs.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

And your GM ---Polian,  influenced the rules committee like the Godfather to suit the Colts style of play both offensivly and defensivly---did U notice how he was fired once Manning was gone----you are no one to talk  UD!!

Sections
Shortcuts