Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds...

As of right now, Green-Ellis has 786 Rushing Yds this season. With 3 games to go, its not crazy to think that he might be able to go over 1,000 yds this season. Am I the only one who thinks thats pretty sweet??? I mean its been since what?, 2004??? Especially with the way the Pats offense is run (pass first, Multiple backs , screens, etc.) its crazy to think that an UNDRAFTED RB who not many people outside of the Pats fanbase has ever heard of, might go over 1,000. With this weeks game against an injury-plagued GB, and games against Miami, and Buffalo...I wouldnt rule it out...Very impressive in my opinion considering some of the tough defenses he has run against this season. Good for BENNY!!!! GO PATS!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Re: Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds...

Just imagine if they had this offensive balance earlier in the year while Moss was here, and if Maroney wasn't here snaking carries from him for a couple games.  He might already have his 1000 by now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

He's been a valuable player.  Not saying he never loses yardage, but I have never seen him lose any in all the games I watched this year.  I think he's among the league leaders in touchdowns too.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

1000 yards for him w/out a doubt!

Go Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

I think most fans have no idea what a great running back they have with Green-Ellis.

* Strong - can pushe the pile
    * Durable - Isnt breaking all the time like Maroney
    * Good instincts. Makes the best of the given situation
    * Hardly never loses yards
    * Never fumbles
    * Not a half-bad blocker (not his strength though)
    * Very smart, understands the offense
    * Humble - Isnt letting some success get to his head
    * Has won the trust and respect of Tom Brady
    * And finally - Please dont take this the wrong way - but the guy has model looks

The Pats have a real winner with BJGE. He may not be the running back the fans want (they all want the Adrian Petersen type), but he is the perfect RB for the Pats.

As the Pats push deeper into the playoffs, BJGE is a player who is on the edge of being discovered by the media in a big time way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Doesn't he still have the 2nd most TD for a RB? Consider the fact we use a lot of screen passes and short throws to also, kind of, act like our running game. BJGE has also been involved in that also. Basically, BB deserves coach of the year just for making the moves to get him, Woodhead and reshape this offense. I hope BJGE gets to 1,000 yards, he is also on my fantasy team :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

He is a beast, he runs like Dillion used to, he can take a hit which is something Maroney could not do and he does not fumble.  What more could you ask for?  Opens up the play-action like clockwork. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

Loving the Lawfirm... I was at the Pats Jets Thursday night game in 08 and I remember saying to my girlfriend that he's eventually going to be the Pats feature back. He may not have the best vision once he gets into the open field but he runs downhill like a brick @#$%house.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds...:
    [QUOTE]As of right now, Green-Ellis has 786 Rushing Yds this season. With 3 games to go, its not crazy to think that he might be able to go over 1,000 yds this season. Am I the only one who thinks thats pretty sweet??? I mean its been since what?, 2004??? Especially with the way the Pats offense is run (pass first, Multiple backs , screens, etc.) its crazy to think that an UNDRAFTED RB who not many people outside of the Pats fanbase has ever heard of, might go over 1,000. With this weeks game against an injury-plagued GB, and games against Miami, and Buffalo...I wouldnt rule it out...Very impressive in my opinion considering some of the tough defenses he has run against this season. Good for BENNY!!!! GO PATS!!!
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

The Patriots went to RBBC in the last year that Dillon played...so, I don't think it's fair to expect any 1,000+ yard rusher. What makes it unusual for this season is that, even though it's still RBBC - it's basically been between Law Firm and Woody - and the OL and three new TEs are the main reason for the RBs success.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

hate to say i told you so. i was saying this in the offseason and everyone on this board told me that he was a third string back on a good day.  that being said, i care very little about 1000 yards as long as he continues to move the chains and hold on the rock.  he has added a lot to the offense this year and i am happy the coaches gave him a chance this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds...:
    [QUOTE]Just imagine if they had this offensive balance earlier in the year while Moss was here, and if Maroney wasn't here snaking carries from him for a couple games.  He might already have his 1000 by now.
    Posted by Mike-J-D[/QUOTE]

If Moss were here the balance would not exist.  One of the major reasons, IMO, that Moss was allowed to go was that BB wanted to get back to this style of offense which does not accent the vertical but rather accents everything else, gets many other skill players involved, such Hernandez, Gronk, Woodhead Green Ellis, Welker, Tate, Branch, and the list goes on.  Less emphasis on getting the ball to Moss and more on moving the chains and scoring.  Note, the backs now catch the ball out of the backfield.  Defenses have so much more deal with now than they did before. Finally, Randy Moss was not and is not the Moss of the 2007 offense.  Defenses had found a way to defense him and he has lost a step.  Sorry but he has. I loved having the guy here in 20007 & 2008. In 2009, the drop off began and it wasn't any better at the beginning of this season. It is all to the good that he is no longer here.

Finally, I believe that Green Ellis will get his 1,000 yard season and no one deserves it more than he does. One quiet, focused, hard working guy. Go PATS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Ben-Jarvis has made a believer out of me this year. From the little I had seen out of him  over the  past few years I didn't think he had the strength, speed or evasiveness to be a feature back in the NFL.
    He's proven me wrong and I'd love to see him ring up 1000.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds... : If Moss were here the balance would not exist.  One of the major reasons, IMO, that Moss was allowed to go was that BB wanted to get back to this style of offense which does not accent the vertical but rather accents everything else, gets many other skill players involved, such Hernandez, Gronk, Woodhead Green Ellis, Welker, Tate, Branch, and the list goes on.  Less emphasis on getting the ball to Moss and more on moving the chains and scoring.  Note, the backs now catch the ball out of the backfield.  Defenses have so much more deal with now than they did before. Finally, Randy Moss was not and is not the Moss of the 2007 offense.  Defenses had found a way to defense him and he has lost a step.  Sorry but he has. I loved having the guy here in 20007 & 2008. In 2009, the drop off began and it wasn't any better at the beginning of this season. It is all to the good that he is no longer here. Finally, I believe that Green Ellis will get his 1,000 yard season and no one deserves it more than he does. One quiet, focused, hard working guy. Go PATS.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the Pats should have kept Moss or that they aren't better off now.  I'm not even saying balance would be possible with Moss.  I'm just saying Moss played 4 games here this year and because of that, there were 4 games where the running game was put on the back burner, which cut into his stats  and was a detriment to Lawfirm reaching the 1000 yard mark. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds... : The Patriots went to RBBC in the last year that Dillon played...so, I don't think it's fair to expect any 1,000+ yard rusher. What makes it unusual for this season is that, even though it's still RBBC - it's basically been between Law Firm and Woody - and the OL and three new TEs are the main reason for the RBs success.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

You are right that it isnt fair to expect any back in our system to go over 1000yds, but that is just my point....it still is RBBC in New England, and yet he quite possibly might still reach 1000 yds....Hope Benny has Crumpler on his X-Mas Card list this holiday season lol He's helped a lot..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

a group of fans need to dress up like Supreme Court justices wigs and all with a big sign saying LAW FIRM

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds...:
    [QUOTE]As of right now, Green-Ellis has 786 Rushing Yds this season. With 3 games to go, its not crazy to think that he might be able to go over 1,000 yds this season. Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

That would be great. i hope he gets it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reloadedagent31. Show Reloadedagent31's posts

The Packers aren't exactly the best run defenders and they still play in Buffalo next week. The Law Firm only needs to about 72 yards/game over the final 3 games. Averaging about 20 carries/game over the final 3 should put him over 1,000 yards. Lesser known fact: Danny Woodhead has over 700 yards rushing & receiving. Does anyone think the Patriots produce two running backs with 2000+ yards from scrimmage combined this season?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

BB isn't about personal goals but once we have home field through out maybe he could throw this hardworking,non-fumbling, positive yard getting kid a bone and get him his 1000 yards

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Don't forget about Freddy taking a hand off or two in the playoffs.  We got a solid back field right now to go with our passing attack.  The balance is perfect. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I was surprised that BJGE was 215 lbs. he looked smaller then that too me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I'd love to see it.....he's more Antoine (Antwan?) Smith than Corey Dillon....Dillon, even at the end of his career, had the extra gear if he was in open space.  Smith was a mauler who had to work up a sweat before doing his best work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

Fans

Has anybody picked up the maturity in blocking and reading blitzes that BJGE has shown this year.................particularly since Kevin Faulk has been injured.

No doubt in my mind that Kevin has been behind the scenes coaching both BJGE and Danny Woodhead in the finer arts. Particularly when Kevin Faulk has been
    at practices with them and at all TEAM MEETINGS.

Faulk is the epitome of what a Patriots team man is.....

We may same the same .....if only for a short time for Algae Crumpler. Don't tell me that his experience and coaching hasn't been one of the main reasons for our TE play ......particulary the blocking of Rob Gronkowski.

Pats should keep both Faulk and Crumpler on as coaches when they retire.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It would be great if he could break the 1000 yards barrier! I don't think it's all that unusual for a starting  back to do it in a 16 game schedule, but it's nice knowing where the guy started from at the beginning of the season. The guy runs hard and low, plays and looks much bigger than he is (Maroney played and looked much smaller than he was) and has been very dependable. I don't want to jinx us, but this type of runner is the type of runner you love to have in the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

1000 yards is no longer the barometer of a great back. It's an average of 62.5 yards a game with 16 games played.

Sections
Shortcuts