Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

Re: Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds...

In Response to Re: Green-Ellis & 1,000 yds...:
    [QUOTE]Particularly when Kevin Faulk has been at practices with them and at all TEAM MEETINGS. Faulk is the epitome of what a Patriots team man is..... We may same the same ....[/QUOTE]

I read a little something into Neal's comments in Reiss' blog, saying: "All I’m focusing on is rehab, and not being a distraction to these guys. Let them do their thing, and I’ll come and do my rehab, get in and out of here"

Kevin might be hanging on too tight. I think BB will be able to coach his players up just fine. But if they want Faulk to be the hall monitor, so be it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Green-Ellis will get 1000 YDs for sure-- By the way, some genius fan now calls him BenJ. It fits, sounds good to me!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

[QUOTE]BB isn't about personal goals but once we have home field through out maybe he could throw this hardworking,non-fumbling, positive yard getting kid a bone and get him his 1000 yards
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

true and not so true. it really depends on the game situation. BB is aware of EVERYTHING and if he can get a player a milestone he will. Shoot, remember Flutie's drop kick?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]hate to say i told you so. i was saying this in the offseason and everyone on this board told me that he was a third string back on a good day.  that being said, i care very little about 1000 yards as long as he continues to move the chains and hold on the rock.  he has added a lot to the offense this year and i am happy the coaches gave him a chance this season.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

By everyone, I hope your not including me in that group FOWLER

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I'd love to see it.....he's more Antoine (Antwan?) Smith than Corey Dillon....Dillon, even at the end of his career, had the extra gear if he was in open space.  Smith was a mauler who had to work up a sweat before doing his best work.
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd have to agree with you, Dillon was a special back at a lot of points in his career and was basically a franchise type of player that teams would zero in on to stop (and he still did well). Benny is not that, and never will be, but he is a guy that you can win with and we are lucky to have him. I think if you give either of these guys the ball on 3rd and inches or 4th and goal and you get the same results...TD. However if you're starting at your own 20 yard line and you need the guy to carry the offense, I'd take a young Dillon (and I think the guy is a jerk and locker room cancer), but he had special skills.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The one thing I would like to see BJGE do is break off huge runs for 20+ yards, he has given us plenty of long 1st downs, but like many have said Dillon was that guy to kick in the after burners and pick up a few huge gains. But this is not a criticism, this guy is one of the reasons this offense is so good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

He's got to average around 75 a game for the rest of the season to get to 1000. Depending on the score he may only play 3 quarters per game for the rest of the regular season so it probably won't happen unless he breaks a couple of 50+ yarders.