Green off waivers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from novapatsfan. Show novapatsfan's posts

Green off waivers?

Any thoughts about picking up Jarvis Green off waivers from Denver? He was an excellent back-up and rotation D-lineman for years in NE, plus he already knows the system. Anyone, ...Beuler...Beuler?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Green off waivers?

Well, he never got on the field for Denver and I guess he can't offer too much from what I heard on him at this point.  So I'm thinking the Pats will pass on him and go with what they got on the roster. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

The Broncos cut him after giving him a 3.25 million dollar guaranteed do you think he is healthy?

I do not want him, he is the worst run defending DE we have had his strength was as a situational pass rushing DE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

If they pick Green up after the 1st game of the season, they do not have to guarantee him a year's salary.  Maybe wait until then and pick him up as a situation pass rusher to back up Warren and Brace.  Little risk as they could just cut him whenever they want and not owe him any more money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It think BB would prefer to give the current crop of young guys a chance first. I'm sure Green is on his list of back-up plans if the current guys don't pan out or if there's an injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

he wasn't waived , he was cut.........can't hurt why not......my only question would be ......In April they gave in 22 million dollar contract for 4 years ....4 months later they cut him........he never played a down..........WHY?? HURT??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Green off waivers?:
    Any thoughts about picking up Jarvis Green off waivers from Denver? He was an excellent back-up and rotation D-lineman for years in NE, plus he already knows the system. Anyone, ...Beuler...Beuler?  
    Posted by novapatsfan

i like all the young dlineman we kept... if they wanted green..they could have had him... we dont need him that page has turned...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: Green off waivers?:
    he wasn't waived , he was cut.........can't hurt why not......my only question would be ......In April they gave in 22 million dollar contract for 4 years ....4 months later they cut him........he never played a down..........WHY?? HURT??
    Posted by EASON11

not hurt, just a poor DL..same as last year when he was with the Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'd like him back, if he's got wheels.  IF.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I htink we already discussed this on another similar thread. NO we don't want him back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

someone on here already said it best. 

If Denver thinks he can play AND/OR will return to health don't you think they would have hung on and just waited him out since they gave him 3+ million.

Come on think about it.

The Pats are waiting for Kaczur so far. If the player is valuable to your squad and there is hope, most likely you wait and Denver would have waited also.

Gotta imagine there is a good reason they simply cut bait and dumped JG.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If the Pats don't pick him up then it tells you that BB thinks the lineman on this team are better than last year (except Ty Warren).  If he picks him up it means nobody they got was better than Green. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Especially since it was Denver that dropped him...Green's tank must be emptier than Tomlinson's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dont-hate. Show dont-hate's posts

The young guys need playing time to become a unit. Changing it up again adds chaos. Let em play and figure each other out...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from novapatsfan. Show novapatsfan's posts

I was the one who started this discussion. Wow, great comments, and great insight guys. In rethinking this, I also agree that passing on Green is the best. I'm looking forward to a very respectful season. Go PATS.

Sections
Shortcuts