Greg Bedard picks Bills over Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Greg Bedard picks Bills over Pats

Anyone notice that Greg Bedard is the only Boston Globe sportswriter to choose the Bills over the Pats? I guess we are all entitled to an opinion....but what is this guy smoking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Greg Bedard picks Bills over Pats

I want what he is on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I guess he will either be a genius with his pick or he will be a complete moron!  I have to go with the latter

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Greg Bedard picks Bills over Pats:
    [QUOTE]Anyone notice that Greg Bedard is the only Boston Globe sportswriter to choose the Bills over the Pats? I guess we are all entitled to an opinion....but what is this guy smoking.
    Posted by OlderbutWiser[/QUOTE]
    WHo cares..... maybe he saw some pictures of a snow covered Buffalo and began having "PIPE" dreams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't like his chances, but anything can happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

nincompoop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Greg Bedard picks Bills over Pats:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Greg Bedard picks Bills over Pats : WHo cares..... maybe he saw some pictures of a snow covered Buffalo and began having "PIPE" dreams.
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

Or because he works for the Globe!  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

you realize he's betting against the vegas line, not against the pats actually losing the game.  Just making sure here...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Greg Bedard picks Bills over Pats:
    [QUOTE]Anyone notice that Greg Bedard is the only Boston Globe sportswriter to choose the Bills over the Pats? I guess we are all entitled to an opinion....but what is this guy smoking.
    Posted by OlderbutWiser[/QUOTE]
    i'm smoking nothing, am both a bb and tb fan and i am picking the BILS to beat the pats. this will be a game of passion, chemistry and will. bill just destroyed ours for this week by releasing dgronk and the bills reallyyyy want this bad. having both gronks in there would have given us some cheering bills' fans.. now its all negative energy. bills need this game to establish their franchise and mr. fitzpatrick. he's right up there with brady in smarts right now. as bush would say, u misunderestimate the bills at your own peril!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]you realize he's betting against the vegas line, not against the pats actually losing the game.  Just making sure here...
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

No. I don't think they do....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

^I remember the Bills team+croud being amped up in the 2nd game of '07 when their TE showed up on the stadium screen from the hospital and gave them a pep talk.  I think he suffered a tragic neck injury earlier in the year, anyways the Bill's sails were about as full as possible, and then they got stomped.  Such will happen again, though it may take a quarter or three for the pats to pull away.  I'm not discounting the Bills they have legit talent, but they're not in the same category yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

And I would be tempted to take Buffalo on those points. 

8.5? Really? 

One garbage time TD or FG could reduce a 10-14 point lead down to less than that. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]^I remember the Bills team+croud being amped up in the 2nd game of '07 when their TE showed up on the stadium screen from the hospital and gave them a pep talk.  I think he suffered a tragic neck injury earlier in the year, anyways the Bill's sails were about as full as possible, and then they got stomped.  Such will happen again, though it may take a quarter or three for the pats to pull away.  I'm not discounting the Bills they have legit talent, but they're not in the same category yet.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't think Buffalo comes away from this with a "W". They can be as amped up as they come ... throwing the ball into a BB defense, no matter how young or (possibly) averagely equipped is dangerous. NEs offense will just roll on the Bills' defense, forcing just that situation. 

I just think the odds that NE covers that spread are probably closer to 30/70 or 40/60 than the 50/50 Vegas would like us to think. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]And I would be tempted to take Buffalo on those points.  8.5? Really?  One garbage time TD or FG could reduce a 10-14 point lead down to less than that. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I have -7 for N.E. Looking at 2 team 6 point tease. N.E -1 Eagles -2.5.  Manningham and Hixon out for Giants as well as most of the defense being injured. I like this bet. But I agree 8.5 is a lot to lay to Fitzpatrick right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Anything can happen in the NFL on any given Sunday. With that being said if the NORMAL thing happens the Patriots will win. Buffalo defensively should not be as good as either Miami or San Diego. Unless the Patriots turn the ball over how on earth are they going to stop the Patriots offense. Buffalo may put up some points but there is no way they win a shoot out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Bedard picks Bills over Pats : Oh, I don't think Buffalo comes away from this with a "W". They can be as amped up as they come ... throwing the ball into a BB defense, no matter how young or (possibly) averagely equipped is dangerous. NEs offense will just roll on the Bills' defense, forcing just that situation.  I just think the odds that NE covers that spread are probably closer to 30/70 or 40/60 than the 50/50 Vegas would like us to think. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Don't be too sure, ZBell.  If Buffalo can run on Pats - Jackson & Spiller are good backs, it could be a long day.  DLine, without Pryor, Wright, possibly hurt Fay Albert could be vulnerable.  I'm just sayin' - this may not be the usual Party for BB and Pats in Buffalo.  The Bills are long overdue to win one over Pats and this may be the "any given Sunday" senario!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Bedard picks Bills over Pats : I have -7 for N.E. Looking at 2 team 6 point tease. N.E -1 Eagles -2.5.  Manningham and Hixon out for Giants as well as most of the defense being injured. I like this bet. But I agree 8.5 is a lot to lay to Fitzpatrick right now.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I would take NE in a heartbeat at something like 6.5. I will usually buy points in a three team parley. I feel like it's safer than taking the straight odds, but can somewhat higher payouts. The trick is to find the right games.

Bedard isn't dissing NE as much as he is recognizing how well Spiller and Fitzy look this season ..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

There are still people out there that Pick the Washington Generals against the Globetrotters. He makes believe he is a genius if the Bills pull it off but you know he doesn't believe it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I hear bedard also picked lester to throw a shutout against the yankees today...go figure

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

My local has Buffalo at +10. I have them in a 3 team teaser with Pitt and Alabama. Buff +19-Pitt-1 1/2 and Bama-2 , along with some other parlays/teasers and singles.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like his chances, but anything can happen.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Just like that movie " On Any given Sunday " ?

What's the over/under ? (too lazy to check)

The Pats D is just coming together, still need time ,  tomorrow they can make a statement. 
    I still think both teams put offensive numbers and Brady will throw for about 500 yards.  I'm loving their no huddle , the anti-Jet format ,  only faking injury can they slow it down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

If it's against a spread I always take the points but I also don't bet for or against the Pats. If it's not against the spread then he's an idiot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey you never know, it's the NFL. If they're ever going to beat us Sunday might be their best shot - at home - we're beat up. I don't think it happens, the best thing that ever came out of Buffalo is a spicy chicken wing. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

You guys ever watch Buffalo v New England Games...???? We have a very nice record on them, but the last few years have not been easy wins.  I expect this game to be won by a small margin.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Bedard picks Bills over Pats : Just like that movie " On Any given Sunday " ? What's the over/under ? (too lazy to check) The Pats D is just coming together, still need time ,  tomorrow they can make a statement.  I still think both teams put offensive numbers and Brady will throw for about 500 yards.  I'm loving their no huddle , the anti-Jet format ,  only faking injury can they slow it down.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

53.5 with local and from what I see elsewhere ,it's already up to 54.

Sections
Shortcuts