Greg Cosell: No full analysis in yet, but tweeted reaction to 1st round picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Greg Cosell: No full analysis in yet, but tweeted reaction to 1st round picks

In Response to Re: Greg Cosell: No full analysis in yet, but tweeted reaction to 1st round picks:
    wow very surprising. I still pick BB's judgment over Cosells. Nice find Brdbreu since I hadn't seen or heard this anywhere else.
    Posted by Quagmire3

sure man!
    yes everyone can make a miss in judgement (re cosell on donta) look at bb, hes made some misjudgements. even the smartest do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Greg Cosell: No full analysis in yet, but tweeted reaction to 1st round picks

In Response to Re: Greg Cosell: No full analysis in yet, but tweeted reaction to 1st round picks:
    Didnt Hightower run a 4.68 or something like that?  suddenly that is slow?
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

yes i believe it was in that range.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Wasn't Gary Guyton the fastest LB in his draft class?  And wasn't Spikes one of the slowest? So who's playing MLB for the Pats now--the fast one or the slow one?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

exactly. one is a footabll player. the other is not .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Greg Cosell: No full analysis in yet, but tweeted reaction to 1st round picks : "Upshaw good scheme fit in Baltimore. Great position versatility in a multiple front defense. Movable chess piece element. Like the pick."
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

thanks lowe. good looking out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Greg Cosell: No full analysis in yet, but tweeted reaction to 1st round picks : Bredbru- I think you may have misquoted him. See below for what he said and the link to the story is there also..he seems to like the Hightower pick. NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock discussed the 2012 NFL Draft, taking a look at the Patriots during the discussion on the latest edition of The Rich Eisen Podcast. Below is a link to the entire podcast followed by Mayock’s comments on the draft for the Patriots below. In particular, Mayock zeroes in on the first round, and Bill Belichick moving up for both Chandler Jones and Dont’a Hightower. On the New England Patriots in the first round: "I love those two moves and part of the reason is I love the two players they got. If I didn’t love them, I’d probably be killing [the Patriots]. Atypical of Bill Belichick, everybody assumes he’s moving down and out. If you look at that offense, it is obviously Super Bowl-ready; it carried them to one last year. That offense is ready to go; there’s not a whole lot more necessary even with the retirement of their left tackle. Defensively is what they had to augment and I went on the record before the draft in saying I thought that the defensive end from Syracuse, Chandler Jones, who was number nine on my board – three years from now he might be the best defensive end in football. I believe that strongly: he might be the best defensive player that comes out of this draft. I love that pick and the [Dont’a] Hightower thing was a no-brainer. You want to talk about somebody who is right up Bill Belichick’s alley it’s this kid. Anytime you can get two starters in your front seven on a defense that needs help, that’s a huge win." http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2012/05/04/nfl-network-analyst-mike-mayock-gives-his-take-on-pats-draft-day-maneuvers/
    Posted by stewart7557

nope. word for word.
    i gave the reference on the website.
    maybe this stuff you and lowe put up was posted there in the last 12 hours or was accessed elsewehre (you tell me, where was your reference from?)
    thanks for posting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Greg Cosell: No full analysis in yet, but tweeted reaction to 1st round picks : Bredbru- I think you may have misquoted him. See below for what he said and the link to the story is there also..he seems to like the Hightower pick. NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock discussed the 2012 NFL Draft, taking a look at the Patriots during the discussion on the latest edition of The Rich Eisen Podcast. Below is a link to the entire podcast followed by Mayock’s comments on the draft for the Patriots below. In particular, Mayock zeroes in on the first round, and Bill Belichick moving up for both Chandler Jones and Dont’a Hightower. On the New England Patriots in the first round: "I love those two moves and part of the reason is I love the two players they got. If I didn’t love them, I’d probably be killing [the Patriots]. Atypical of Bill Belichick, everybody assumes he’s moving down and out. If you look at that offense, it is obviously Super Bowl-ready; it carried them to one last year. That offense is ready to go; there’s not a whole lot more necessary even with the retirement of their left tackle. Defensively is what they had to augment and I went on the record before the draft in saying I thought that the defensive end from Syracuse, Chandler Jones, who was number nine on my board – three years from now he might be the best defensive end in football. I believe that strongly: he might be the best defensive player that comes out of this draft. I love that pick and the [Dont’a] Hightower thing was a no-brainer. You want to talk about somebody who is right up Bill Belichick’s alley it’s this kid. Anytime you can get two starters in your front seven on a defense that needs help, that’s a huge win." http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2012/05/04/nfl-network-analyst-mike-mayock-gives-his-take-on-pats-draft-day-maneuvers/
    Posted by stewart7557

hey stewart,
        now i read the rest of your post. you are quoting mayock, the thread was about greg cosell's coments.

by the way i saw mayock say this live. hae to like what i hear/read from mayock about the 2 1st rd picks.

thanks stew

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

he's faster than spikes... on the track and on the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who cares? He's fast enough to play the MLB in a 3-4 and fast enough to play a SOLB in a 4-3. Spikes is a thug up the middle, Mayo just makes tackles, all Hightower has to do is make half the tackles Mayo makes (would still leave him around 100 tackles cause Mayo racks up 200 tackles a season) and bring half the intensity that Spikes brings to fit in well in the LB corps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Who cares? He's fast enough to play the MLB in a 3-4 and fast enough to play a SOLB in a 4-3. Spikes is a thug up the middle, Mayo just makes tackles, all Hightower has to do is make half the tackles Mayo makes (would still leave him around 100 tackles cause Mayo racks up 200 tackles a season) and bring half the intensity that Spikes brings to fit in well in the LB corps.
    Posted by 49Patriots

he will bring hsi own intensity (fi spikes isnt threatened by it it should rebound off each other adn amplify) and dude is a hitting and tackling machine, and i imagine more than mayo, will make plays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Hightower will be a beast-mark my words big upgrade over Spikes and I like Spikes as a run stuffer--BTW Jerry Rice was not a fast reciever and holds almost if not every record in the NFL for wideouts--and Steve Largent was no speed demon but was one heck of a receiver--lastly we chose Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson --2 burners, and how did that turn out?  Good luck to the Jets with the Stephen Hill pick-just because a player has speed it does not always equate to sucess in the NFL--it takes hard work-film study, etc to make the jump=some put in the work others don't-the draft is a crapshoot for 95 %  of all players. Trent Richardson will be a beast-- similar to Cory Dillon and Emmit Smith-if he stays healthy.

Sections
Shortcuts