Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick

If You Havent Read It.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick

based solely on game film and not on any red flags. By his own admission character concerns is a major factor of most teams because players with character concerns have a higher risk of failing out of the league or becoming more of a headache then they are worth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

If he turns out to be a headcase and you wasted the #5 pick on him, there goes your job. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

I agree with PatsEng, if he were judged only by how he has played and his potential then he would certainly qualify for top 10 talent. The problem though is his repeated troubles off of the field and some of the decisions he has made. He doesn't seem to think any of it is a big deal from what I've read. Jenkins could go in the first round if there is a team willing to take a chance on him, if not he could slip way down. These guys are lucky to have the talent to play in the NFL and their window to play is short, you would think that if the game is that important to them that they could keep it together for a few years. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

talent. 
    if bb is interested he will check out and allay concerns or pass.
    i like him or kirpatrick at cb

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Talent A+ and I actually think some of the other stuff is overblown. I worry more about the violence and honesty kind of issues with players than I do about pot busts - college is about growing up, and pot and alcohol comes into the equation. As for the kids ... not real happy about that, but ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

For JJ's sake I hope he is #5. He's gonna need the baby momma money. Just like Cromartie who has 10 kids by eight women with two more on the way. The brotha needs to get paid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick:
    [QUOTE]Talent A+ and I actually think some of the other stuff is overblown. I worry more about the violence and honesty kind of issues with players than I do about pot busts - college is about growing up, and pot and alcohol comes into the equation. As for the kids ... not real happy about that, but ...
    Posted by mia76[/QUOTE]

Uhh.. he does have violence and honesty issues.  Bar fights, running from the police and eventually tazed.
    Lied about quitting pot.... it goes on and on.
    This is not like Hernandez who dropped 3 rds because of a little pot.  He also did not get kicked out of school, walk out of meetings, ect.
    The guys a dope who makes comments like, " Everyone has kids.  Who says you can't have kids?"  " More than me smoke pot, I just got caught".
    He does not get it, period!  He will be a casualty of his own ignorance.
    People that have no respect for the law or authority or think it's cool to populate the US and give no more thought to it than a male dog, generally don't change overnight, If at all.  He's already been that way for 23 years and sees nothing wrong with it.  C'mon man.
    He has already dropped off some teams board completely.

At the annual NFL meetings in Florida last month, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said there is a point where character and off-field concerns can affect a team’s grade on a player.

Hello!  This would be one of those times.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : Uhh.. he does have violence and honesty issues.  Bar fights, running from the police and eventually tazed. Lied about quitting pot.... it goes on and on. This is not like Hernandez who dropped 3 rds because of a little pot.  He also did not get kicked out of school, walk out of meetings, ect. The guys a dope who makes comments like, " Everyone has kids.  Who says you can't have kids?"  " More than me smoke pot, I just got caught". He does not get it, period!  He will be a casualty of his own ignorance. People that have no respect for the law or authority or think it's cool to populate the US and give no more thought to it than a male dog, generally don't change overnight, If at all.  He's already been that way for 23 years and sees nothing wrong with it.  C'mon man. He has already dropped off some teams board completely. At the annual NFL meetings in Florida last month, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said there is a point where character and off-field concerns can affect a team’s grade on a player. Hello!  This would be one of those times.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

This is my thoughts exactly. The kid has top 15 talent in this draft. Maybe even top ten but he makes the same stupid mistakes over and over again and does not think it's a big deal. If it's minor things or if he got caught with pot once and then figured it out then no big deal. He's a kid in college they do stupid things. It's more that he didn't learn and has an attitude that it doesn't matter because of his talent. I mean you would think getting tossed out of school and needing to go to Div-AA would be enough but apparently not as he took a swing at a player on the field to get suspended and then lied about smoking pot while at N Ala to the media, told the truth to the teams, then when multiple teams (not just one) all came out saying he admitted to continuing to smoke he fires his agent and goes on damage control? This kid just does not get it. Maybe he'll figure it out but guys like this more often then not don't and it affects their careers, in some cases ending them before they even begin. Not worth a top 50 pick imo as I still believe you can find starters without those issues in the top 50. Once you get outside that realm then his talent might be to much to pass up, but then again there is something to be said about a strong locker room and keeping those headaches out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

bredbru:

This is the 7th JJ-themed thread youve started in a month

Or is it eight now?

I am beginning to think youre godfather to his four illegitimate kids

Or is it five now?

Peace

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

The fact is that even if the Pats took him in th 7th round and he became All-Pro you guys would still find something wrong with him. "he has the talent Im just not sure his head is there" well if thats what the Steelers would have said about Big Ben then Tebow would probably be their starting QB. But the fact is that no one in New England is willing to give him a chance no matter where he went in the draft. Say if he did go to the Pats, the first catch he gave up everyone would say hes a bum! Personally I think he would fit great in a Pats uniform and most of his bad behavior came after the leaders on that Florida team left; Spikes, Tebow, Herny, Cooper and a other. Some players just are better when they are followers and not leaders. Everyone deserves a chance and honestly to ignore that the kid sn't a special CB is just ignorant. Yes Cromratie has 10 kids with 8 different women, but that doesn't mean he cant play football. I get that he looks like an idiot off the field, but it seriously has little effect on the field. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]The fact is that even if the Pats took him in th 7th round and he became All-Pro you guys would still find something wrong with him. "he has the talent Im just not sure his head is there" well if thats what the Steelers would have said about Big Ben then Tebow would probably be their starting QB. But the fact is that no one in New England is willing to give him a chance no matter where he went in the draft. Say if he did go to the Pats, the first catch he gave up everyone would say hes a bum! Personally I think he would fit great in a Pats uniform and most of his bad behavior came after the leaders on that Florida team left; Spikes, Tebow, Herny, Cooper and a other. Some players just are better when they are followers and not leaders. Everyone deserves a chance and honestly to ignore that the kid sn't a special CB is just ignorant. Yes Cromratie has 10 kids with 8 different women, but that doesn't mean he cant play football. I get that he looks like an idiot off the field, but it seriously has little effect on the field. 
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

He walked out on a team meeting in 09'. Last time I checked Spikes and Tebow were on that team. Tasered and arrested for assault and resisting arrest came in 09' too.  Oh well for that strong leadership theory

btw - SD cited the reason for getting rid of Cro was because all his off field issues with the baby mama's was affecting his play on the field

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Jenkins is the new Tebow.  Another JJ thread?  Seriously?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : He walked out on a team meeting in 09'. Last time I checked Spikes and Tebow were on that team. Tasered and arrested for assault and resisting arrest came in 09' too.  Oh well for that strong leadership theory btw - SD cited the reason for getting rid of Cro was because all his off field issues with the baby mama's was affecting his play on the field
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I honestly dont like the kid. But to deny that hes a great player is just ignorant. Now I could very much be wrong but I thought when he walked out I read an arcticle about the leadership in the locker room and how all the seniors were getting ready for the draft. Im to busy during finals week to go search for the article and I could be worg because it was a while ago. But needless to say, HAVE YOU MATURED SINCE YOU WERE AGE 18????????????
    Come on guys this kid can play.and he fills a need for the Patriots.

On the second comment tht means nothing besides tht the Chargers are idiots because as much as I hate the Jets he still has been a very strong player for them. Better than any CB on the Patriots roster last year! And it hurts for me to admit that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : I honestly dont like the kid. But to deny that hes a great player is just ignorant. Now I could very much be wrong but I thought when he walked out I read an arcticle about the leadership in the locker room and how all the seniors were getting ready for the draft. Im to busy during finals week to go search for the article and I could be worg because it was a while ago. But needless to say, HAVE YOU MATURED SINCE YOU WERE AGE 18???????????? Come on guys this kid can play.and he fills a need for the Patriots. On the second comment tht means nothing besides tht the Chargers are idiots because as much as I hate the Jets he still has been a very strong player for them. Better than any CB on the Patriots roster last year! And it hurts for me to admit that.

08' Walked out on team meeting after season opener
    09' arrests for assault and resisting arrest
    11' cited for pot possession
    11' cited a second time for pot possession
    11' failed drug test thrown off Florida
    11' suspended for fighting on field
    12' comes out he didn't quit smoking pot even after being tossed off team
    12' fires agent under conflicts of interest

This isn't one or two minor issues it's a trend that points to his personality and his character as a whole. This kid has been given multiple chances and he keeps making the same mistakes. If it was one or even two stupid mistakes that he learn from then no issue the kid has talent and could be given a second chance. From 18 -> 22 I learned a lot and I didn't make the same stupid mistakes at 22 that I made at 18. I learned from my mistakes. There is no denying his talent but all the talent in the world doesn't matter if you make the same mistakes that will get you booted out of the league to begin with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Greg Cosell is dead wrong - Jenkins is going to go in 2nd round. I think Patriots are going to take him. Mark this down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

pick 93  that can't cost that much so why not!

But

1. I would hope we have already addressed CB needs before that with a more reliable, competent guy  Gilmore,Kirkpatrick, Robinson, T Johnson, somebody from Boise St?
    2. other teams will take an earlier gamble shot, read Cinncy, Jets, Oakland  ( do they have a second pick?), Dallas.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG

point madeWink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG point made
    Posted by rainbowroosie[/QUOTE]

Not only that ^^^^ but this

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]bredbru: This is the 7th JJ-themed thread youve started in a month Or is it eight now? I am beginning to think youre godfather to his four illegitimate kids Or is it five now? Peace
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

humorous :).
    if an attempt at humor and repartee with a lil jab, thats fine. (i like to joke a lil more positively when i do).

hard to tell someone's intent online (vs in person).
    if this happens to be an effort to get people to change their posting on the board. good luck with that (unless they are violating policy). of course, post topics you want and others will do the same (and not take their orders from other posters of course).

thanks for the post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The fact is that even if the Pats took him in th 7th round and he became All-Pro you guys would still find something wrong with him. "he has the talent Im just not sure his head is there" well if thats what the Steelers would have said about Big Ben then Tebow would probably be their starting QB. But the fact is that no one in New England is willing to give him a chance no matter where he went in the draft. Say if he did go to the Pats, the first catch he gave up everyone would say hes a bum! Personally I think he would fit great in a Pats uniform and most of his bad behavior came after the leaders on that Florida team left; Spikes, Tebow, Herny, Cooper and a other. Some players just are better when they are followers and not leaders. Everyone deserves a chance and honestly to ignore that the kid sn't a special CB is just ignorant. Yes Cromratie has 10 kids with 8 different women, but that doesn't mean he cant play football. I get that he looks like an idiot off the field, but it seriously has little effect on the field. 

i agree with most of what you said.
    everyone has an opinion here. thats all good.
    none of it will matter to bb.
    i just hope bb had a face to face with him to decide what he thought about the potential for him to be a pat (or to determine he should not be one).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Greg Cosell is dead wrong - Jenkins is going to go in 2nd round. I think Patriots are going to take him. Mark this down.
    Posted by NYPat[/QUOTE]
     id take it
    but if he makes it into the 2nd
    why would the top 5 teams wh ohad him in not taek him in the top of round 1?
    curious on your theory how he makes it to the pats in the 2nd.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]pick 93  that can't cost that much so why not! But 1. I would hope we have already addressed CB needs before that with a more reliable, competent guy  Gilmore,Kirkpatrick, Robinson, T Johnson, somebody from Boise St? 2. other teams will take an earlier gamble shot, read Cinncy, Jets, Oakland  ( do they have a second pick?), Dallas.
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

1. I would hope we have already addressed CB needs before that with a more reliable, competent guy  Gilmore,Kirkpatrick, Robinson, T Johnson, somebody from Boise St? 

a more reliable competent guy?
    gilmore prob wont make 15
    kirpatrick is the one shot i see at your "more reliable... and he may be gone

i dont see the rest of those guys as competent and more reliable as a starting corner in the nfl, particularly year 1.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Greg Cosell is dead wrong - Jenkins is going to go in 2nd round. I think Patriots are going to take him. Mark this down.
    Posted by NYPat[/QUOTE]

i odnt think cosell is wrong at picking who will go, cause he is not pcikiing who will go where. he is saying who "should" be pikced where in his opinion. 

again give me jj in the 2nd and im running with that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Yah, See most of my issues revolve NOT solely around the locker room poisoning, off-field issues belying his total lack of placing football as anywhere near a top priority in his life, or even the outright lying towards teams about his present state of affairs (ALL- lmao...no biggee's in themselves, right?)...It sorta centers around m#r#ns whom think Janoris Jenkins is currently a Top 5 Selection based on 2 instances of his play 2 and 1/2 years ago, and 1 more single match-up instance from 3 and a half years ago- But just not on his play recently (this year...last year...a couple months ago against the top draftable seniors- Right...Now).

Well, there's ALL of that...plus the now 13 seperate (last I checked & actually counted, 1 week ago, we were at only 11)- Seperate threads dedicated towards this guy who as of right now, plays like sh#t and acts like a d!psh#t on top of it. 

Sections
Shortcuts