Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick

The way I look at Jenkins is the way I look at most high talented players with multiple repeated character flaws:

• There's a 25% chance he lives up to his potential and becomes a pro-bowl starter
    • There's a 25% chance he becomes a solid player but off field distractions prevent him from reaching his potential (ala Cro)
    • There's a 25% chance his off field concerns become an issue resulting in suspensions and preventing him from developing a grove or becomes a distraction for the team as a whole and thus becomes a journeyman
    • There's a 25% chance his off field concerns lead to him being kicked out of the league after multiple suspensions

Now in the first 2 rounds you expect to find a starter. It might take a couple of years but the hope is who every you find will be a starter. With a chance of only 25% return on Jenkins that's a high price.

From rounds 3-mid 4 you might or might not find a starter but you are hoping to at least find a solid player who can contribute somewhere so now that you are willing to assume more risk that 25% chance on return jumps to 50% which is about the same for the other players in the range to be at minimum solid backups

From mid 4th to 5th you don't have a lot of expectations just hope to find a good backup. You can assume much more risk and now he has a 75% chance on return which is higher then most players you'll find in that range so his value is drastically higher.

In the 6th+ range even the best GM's will miss vastly more then they hit so you can take a chance on a character concern because you can dump them at any point and not think you lost anything

Using this scale if the Pats took him at #93 then I'd believe the value was right verses the risk. If they got him with their 4th round pick or later then I'd say the value far outweighed the risk and they made a great pick. But if they take him in the 2nd I wouldn't say the value is worth the risk and would rather take a player with less character concerns.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : 08' Walked out on team meeting after season opener 09' arrests for assault and resisting arrest 11' cited for pot possession 11' cited a second time for pot possession 11' failed drug test thrown off Florida 11' suspended for fighting on field 12' comes out he didn't quit smoking pot even after being tossed off team 12' fires agent under conflicts of interest This isn't one or two minor issues it's a trend that points to his personality and his character as a whole. This kid has been given multiple chances and he keeps making the same mistakes. If it was one or even two stupid mistakes that he learn from then no issue the kid has talent and could be given a second chance. From 18 - /> 22 I learned a lot and I didn't make the same stupid mistakes at 22 that I made at 18. I learned from my mistakes. There is no denying his talent but all the talent in the world doesn't matter if you make the same mistakes that will get you booted out of the league to begin with. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/04/24/with_checkered_past_jenkins_is_a_big_gamble/
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

NEWS FLASH!!!! ALMOST ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS SMOKE POT. 

So he has some baggage. But he also has skill and could easily fill a need in New England. I really don't care if BB takes but all I'm saying is that people will be all over his sh*t the first time he even allows a catch. What are all you haters going to do if BB trades back into early second round and possibly drafts JJ. Boo the guy during preseason practices because of his past. He aint the first player with baggage to be drafted in the NFL. I can name multiple star players with issues in the NFL that are very quality players. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]The way I look at Jenkins is the way I look at most high talented players with multiple repeated character flaws: There's a 25% chance he lives up to his potential and becomes a pro-bowl starter There's a 25% chance he becomes a solid player but off field distractions prevent him from reaching his potential (ala Cro) There's a 25% chance his off field concerns become an issue resulting in suspensions and preventing him from developing a grove or becomes a distraction for the team as a whole and thus becomes a journeyman There's a 25% chance his off field concerns lead to him being kicked out of the league after multiple suspensions Now in the first 2 rounds you expect to find a starter. It might take a couple of years but the hope is who every you find will be a starter. With a chance of only 25% return on Jenkins that's a high price. From rounds 3-mid 4 you might or might not find a starter but you are hoping to at least find a solid player who can contribute somewhere so now that you are willing to assume more risk that 25% chance on return jumps to 50% which is about the same for the other players in the range to be at minimum solid backups From mid 4th to 5th you don't have a lot of expectations just hope to find a good backup. You can assume much more risk and now he has a 75% chance on return which is higher then most players you'll find in that range so his value is drastically higher. In the 6th+ range even the best GM's will miss vastly more then they hit so you can take a chance on a character concern because you can dump them at any point and not think you lost anything Using this scale if the Pats took him at #93 then I'd believe the value was right verses the risk. If they got him with their 4th round pick or later then I'd say the value far outweighed the risk and they made a great pick. But if they take him in the 2nd I wouldn't say the value is worth the risk and would rather take a player with less character concerns.

So what percent of all first round players make it to the pro-bowl? I would say about 25 to 35%. Thats it, people in New England think that all first round players should become pro-bowlers. But in reality they dont and many second round players get cut after a few years. With two first rounders and the abilty to trade up or down I would think BB would want to trade down in which he could possibly draft JJ. With an early second round pick spent on JJ he has the potential to become an all-pro corner. Or we could just draft anpther Darius Butler because that really worked out well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : NEWS FLASH!!!! ALMOST ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS SMOKE POT.  So he has some baggage. But he also has skill and could easily fill a need in New England. I really don't care if BB takes but all I'm saying is that people will be all over his sh*t the first time he even allows a catch. What are all you haters going to do if BB trades back into early second round and possibly drafts JJ. Boo the guy during preseason practices because of his past. He aint the first player with baggage to be drafted in the NFL. I can name multiple star players with issues in the NFL that are very quality players.  Posted by maine12[/QUOTE] I don't think anyone really cares that he smoked/smokes pot. The concern is that he tends to get caught. The NFL drug tests too meaning he will get suspended games if he gets caught. I would guess nearly every kid in college smokes pot at some point they just have enough sense to not get caught, repeatedly. People are just saying they wouldn't draft him early when there's a dozen other guys with as much talent and no concerns. But maybe they will, I don't really know. I'm sure the Pats will do the homework and decide whether he's worth it by talking to him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Heres something for all of you to check out name the last CB taken in the 2nd or 3rd that became a pro-bowl corner. Well I already did and that was 2005(7 YEARS AGO) and it was Justin Miller. Who the F is Justin Miller. So my point is that he might be there early in the second round and the Pats should draft him because history shows that corner is one of the easiest positions to predict at the next level. Since he has first round talent and possible top 5 or 10talent then the Pats should take him because any other CB they take wont be an impact player and chances are good that they will be cut after a few years(Butler). Based on history its either we take our chances with a stud that fell in the second round or we just draft average. But in my opinion the team NEEDS a big playmaker. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : NEWS FLASH!!!! ALMOST ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS SMOKE POT.  So he has some baggage. But he also has skill and could easily fill a need in New England. I really don't care if BB takes but all I'm saying is that people will be all over his sh*t the first time he even allows a catch. What are all you haters going to do if BB trades back into early second round and possibly drafts JJ. Boo the guy during preseason practices because of his past. He aint the first player with baggage to be drafted in the NFL. I can name multiple star players with issues in the NFL that are very quality players. 
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

Looks like almost all, is the minority.  As is getting arrested, walking out of meetings and having fathered a BB team before the age of 21.
    But hey, if he's got nice feet, I'm sure he's on Rexy's board.

NCAA statistics show a bump in the number of stoned athletes. In the NCAA's latest drug-use survey, conducted in 2009 and released in January, 22.6 percent of athletes admitted to using marijuana in the previous 12 months, a 1.4 percentage point increase over a similar 2005 study. Some 26.7 percent of football players surveyed fessed up, a higher percentage than in any other major sport. (The use of other drugs, such as steroids and amphetamines, has declined or held steady.) A smaller percentage of athletes actually get caught, but those numbers are also on the rise. In the latest available postseason drug-testing results, positive pot tests increased in all three divisions, from 28 in 2008-09 to 71 the following school year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : Looks like almost all, is the minority.  As is getting arrested, walking out of meetings and having fathered a BB team before the age of 21. But hey, if he's got nice feet, I'm sure he's on Rexy's board. NCAA statistics show a bump in the number of stoned athletes. In the NCAA's latest drug-use survey, conducted in 2009 and released in January, 22.6 percent of athletes admitted to using marijuana in the previous 12 months, a 1.4 percentage point increase over a similar 2005 study. Some 26.7 percent of football players surveyed fessed up, a higher percentage than in any other major sport. (The use of other drugs, such as steroids and amphetamines, has declined or held steady.) A smaller percentage of athletes actually get caught, but those numbers are also on the rise. In the latest available postseason drug-testing results, positive pot tests increased in all three divisions, from 28 in 2008-09 to 71 the following school year.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA Shame on you!!!!! Seriously I remember taking those stupid surveys too. And they hand them out and ask that you return them. We didn't know if they would come back to haunt us so you just check NO. Come on man thats common sense plus I read that article and they only test .6% of the athletes are tested. Oh and you can pick who is tested and in the same article you posted did you read this Indeed, The Magazine's survey of more than 60 schools competing in BCS conferences revealed myriad testing protocols and discipline standards for players testing positive for marijuana and other recreational drugs. One coach at an FBS school admits that when he was an assistant at a previous school, only half of the team's players were ever tested. "And they never tested the guys we knew were smoking," he says. Dont act stupid, atleast more than half athletes smoke weed and many players only do it during the off season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The way I look at Jenkins is the way I look at most high talented players with multiple repeated character flaws: There's a 25% chance he lives up to his potential and becomes a pro-bowl starter There's a 25% chance he becomes a solid player but off field distractions prevent him from reaching his potential (ala Cro) There's a 25% chance his off field concerns become an issue resulting in suspensions and preventing him from developing a grove or becomes a distraction for the team as a whole and thus becomes a journeyman There's a 25% chance his off field concerns lead to him being kicked out of the league after multiple suspensions Now in the first 2 rounds you expect to find a starter. It might take a couple of years but the hope is who every you find will be a starter. With a chance of only 25% return on Jenkins that's a high price. From rounds 3-mid 4 you might or might not find a starter but you are hoping to at least find a solid player who can contribute somewhere so now that you are willing to assume more risk that 25% chance on return jumps to 50% which is about the same for the other players in the range to be at minimum solid backups From mid 4th to 5th you don't have a lot of expectations just hope to find a good backup. You can assume much more risk and now he has a 75% chance on return which is higher then most players you'll find in that range so his value is drastically higher. In the 6th+ range even the best GM's will miss vastly more then they hit so you can take a chance on a character concern because you can dump them at any point and not think you lost anything Using this scale if the Pats took him at #93 then I'd believe the value was right verses the risk. If they got him with their 4th round pick or later then I'd say the value far outweighed the risk and they made a great pick. But if they take him in the 2nd I wouldn't say the value is worth the risk and would rather take a player with less character concerns.

thanks eng for sharign the evlauation scale you are usign to maek your assessment.

re:

"
    • There's a 25% chance he lives up to his potential and becomes a pro-bowl starter
    • There's a 25% chance he becomes a solid player but off field distractions prevent him from reaching his potential (ala Cro)
    • There's a 25% chance his off field concerns become an issue resulting in suspensions and preventing him from developing a grove or becomes a distraction for the team as a whole and thus becomes a journeyman
    • There's a 25% chance his off field concerns lead to him being kicked out of the league after multiple suspensions"

personally i find the percentages for the latter 3 rather arbitrary.

every player is going to vary with their off the field as much as their on the filed.

predicting someone's future behavior is not something humans are very good at. i am unusually particularly good in this arena WITH PEOPLE I MEET IN PERSON (and it is my profession). i havent met anyone on the board who has interacted with jj or any other top draft prospect in person, never mind someone with expertise in this arena who also has spoken extensively in person with any prospect.

human behavior has many variables.
    what we learn, what we experience, how we are treated and seen by our society and how we are treated and what is modeled by those close to us are only a few factors.

i will give you that someone who grows up smoking pot may do it again and may get caught. i will give you a person who has different children by different women (IN THE U.S.) is expressing values different than white middle class america (there are many countries in the world where this would be considered admirable by the large populations of people).

however that jj's off the field life would make him less likely to be a good player or a very good one, is pure speculation by anyone (and not reliably predictive of the future to any %), particularly to those who have not spent a lot of time with him. 

my take is to let bb go with his gut, hope he meets him and makes an in person evaluation.

there's my take on the off the field evaluation process.

peace

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick": I don't think anyone really cares that he smoked/smokes pot. The concern is that he tends to get caught. The NFL drug tests too meaning he will get suspended games if he gets caught. I would guess nearly every kid in college smokes pot at some point they just have enough sense to not get caught, repeatedly. People are just saying they wouldn't draft him early when there's a dozen other guys with as much talent and no concerns. But maybe they will, I don't really know. I'm sure the Pats will do the homework and decide whether he's worth it by talking to him.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

hey shen,

how goes?

re "People are just saying they wouldn't draft him early when there's a dozen other guys with as much talent and no concerns"

there's the issue man.
    there are no playres in the draft at cover cb who have as much talent.
    period (read any top evaluator you like)

. But maybe they will, I don't really know. I'm sure the Pats will do the homework and decide whether he's worth it by talking to him."

in total agreement with this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

But maybe they will, I don't really know. I'm sure the Pats will do the homework and decide whether he's worth it by talking to him

The Pats have not worked him out, nor spoken to him or his agent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]But maybe they will, I don't really know. I'm sure the Pats will do the homework and decide whether he's worth it by talking to him The Pats have not worked him out, nor spoken to him or his agent.

do you really think the pats report everyone they talk to?
    what they report is official visits and official workouts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : do you really think the pats report everyone they talk to? what they report is official visits and official workouts.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Seriously dude.  JJ is not walking through that door.
    How long have you been watching the Pats?
    With few exceptions, they draft captains, high IQ and safe moral characters.
    If there does happen to be an exception and I can't think of any with this guys character, they are NEVER before the 3rd rd.  PatsENG is absolutely correct, talent but too high a risk.  And you most certainly  can predict what a person will do from his past.  It's called tendencies and this guy not only smokes it but IS a dope!  People don't learn from mistakes when they can't even understand that they're making them.  They usually have to hit bottom and it's often too late.
    Hernandez, 3rd rd.
    Mallet, 3rd rd
    Both were considered high picks minus the issues.
    Their issues don't even compare to the fights, the arrests, the baby momma's, the insubordination, the lies, and getting kicked out of school.  Not even close!
    So unless they add a round 12 in the draft, I'd bet my left one that this fool is the last player on BB's mind and not even on his board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : Seriously dude.  JJ is not walking through that door. How long have you been watching the Pats? With few exceptions, they draft captains, high IQ and safe moral characters. If there does happen to be an exception and I can't think of any with this guys character, they are NEVER before the 3rd rd.  PatsENG is absolutely correct, talent but too high a risk.  And you most certainly  can predict what a person will do from his past.  It's called tendencies and this guy not only smokes it but IS a dope!  People don't learn from mistakes when they can't even understand that they're making them.  They usually have to hit bottom and it's often too late. Hernandez, 3rd rd. Mallet, 3rd rd Both were considered high picks minus the issues. Their issues don't even compare to the fights, the arrests, the baby momma's, the insubordination, the lies, and getting kicked out of school.  Not even close! So unless they add a round 12 in the draft, I'd bet my left one that this fool is the last player on BB's mind and not even on his board.

seriously dude,
     take whatever props you think you deserve for knowing that:
     " So unless they add a round 12 in the draft, I'd bet my left one that this fool is the last player on BB's mind and not even on his board. "

tell bb that and im sure hed tell you you think you know, but you dont.

if you asked me, rather than assumed, i would tell you no i do not expect bb to take jenkins. i do WANT him to speak to the guy and form an opinion (yours aside).

enjoy your take.

i'm good where im at.

hope you get peace in your heart.

night

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

With BB and Urban Meyer being friends I'll bet BB knew everything about this kid for a while now. If he's a last one in first one out type, always making trouble in the locker room then that's one thing. Maybe he has a good work ethic. I really don't know, if so they may overlook everything else. I don't think anyone excels in the NFL without a good work ethic. Moss had issues but I never heard anything about ethic, same with Dillon. Meriweather had issues too but he didn't really work out here, there's no telling- no definitive rules. I'd be surprised if he ends up on the Pats, but I've been surprised before-many times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : hey shen, how goes? re " People are just saying they wouldn't draft him early when there's a dozen other guys with as much talent and no concerns" there's the issue man. there are no playres in the draft at cover cb who have as much talent. period (read any top evaluator you like) . But maybe they will, I don't really know. I'm sure the Pats will do the homework and decide whether he's worth it by talking to him." in total agreement with this.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

I will give you 7 or 8, on the spot, with better total stats and better filmwork...  But no, maybe not 12...  I might be able to push it up to 9 or maybe 10 though.  But this?: "...there's the issue man. there are no players in the draft at cover cb who have as much talent. period (read any top evaluator you like)."  Rather than reading 3 or 4 "top evaluators" (outta...idk, How many total NFL Draft Evaluators do you think there are on Planet Earth?), Maybe instead you should check out ALL the Top Cornerbacks stats (seperately, and fully)...then personally take a look at these same Top CBs filmwork (individually and thoroughly)...  Bredbru, When or moreso, actually IF you do....you WILL see that Janoris Jenkins, based on pure and current total talent alone, IS In NO Way, Shape, OR Form, An Exceptional...or even a Great...or even a Really good...or even an Above Average=Cornerback.

...Looks like I'm gonna have to once again, forward Jenkins' "mad senior bowl skills" against the other top 2012 Draft Competitors (woops, I didn't mean "ALL" the top competitors, just him svck!ng against 2/3rds of the top competitors, i.e. playing like sh#t against the top seniors, but not being fully exposed against the top seniors AND draft declared juniors as well).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : I will give you 7 or 8, on the spot, with better total stats and better filmwork...  But no, maybe not 12...  I might be able to push it up to 9 or maybe 10 though.  But this?: "...there's the issue man. there are no players in the draft at cover cb who have as much talent. period (read any top evaluator you like)."  Rather than reading 3 or 4 "top evaluators" (outta...idk, How many total NFL Draft Evaluators do you think there are on Planet Earth?), Maybe instead you should check out ALL the Top Cornerbacks stats (seperately, and fully)...then personally take a look at these same Top CBs filmwork (individually and thoroughly)...  Bredbru, When or moreso, actually IF you do....you WILL see that Janoris Jenkins, based on pure and current total talent alone, IS In NO Way, Shape, OR Form, An Exceptional...or even a Great...or even a Really good...or even an Above Average=Cornerback. ...Looks like I'm gonna have to once again, forward Jenkins' "mad senior bowl skills" against the other top 2012 Draft Competitors (woops, I didn't mean "ALL" the top competitors, just him svck!ng against 2/3rds of the top competitors, i.e. playing like sh#t against the top seniors, but not being fully exposed against the top seniors AND draft declared juniors as well).   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

yoru opinon registered.
    i'll let my opinion stand.
    mayock, cosell and all the rest' opinons stand.
    lets watch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Yes, Let's watch (here's a re-post, of a repost that I'm gonna keep on cut n- paste for The Jenkins man-love delusionals).  Continue to tell me, that based 100% on Skill ALL ALONE, that Janoris Jenkins is Top 5 Talent, TO-Day (not based on a few excellent match-ups on a nasty U of Florida team 3 years ago):

`

#1. This is THE 9TH Janoris Jenkins Thread within this forum's Last 10 Pages...No- Not, "This is like the 9th Jenkins Thread," lmao- This is THE 9th (I just counted, and not including 1 more WalterFootball.com Mock thread, which ended up being dedicated to Janoris Jenkins, seein' as how he was a mocked pick at that time towards NE).

#2. He F#K!NG SVCKS...Get a Grip-  The guy, F#K!NG SVCKS...despite the whole slew of other b#llsh#t you're getting with him- As of The Month of April, in the year, 2012=Janoris Jenkins F#K!NG SVX...  He's FAR closer to rounding out The Top 10 in Rated Draft Cornerbacks, TO-Day...than being an Overall Top 10 skilled player, To-day.

Here's my previous take on him (idk-somewhere within the 4-8 Range of total threads dedicated to this guy):

~
    ALL
    :

Alright this "It's a sweet idea using a 1st Round Selection on Janoris Jenkins" Overall insanity, has gotta end...

It's not so much his 3 arrests, however many children b-s.  Honestly, WhoTH cares if he smokes p0t and has a few kids?  I don't...  Sheez, I'm the guy who's favorite player in the league is James Harrison, and on NE is Brandon Spikes (or DMC, who's an unfitting to my greater point right here & now).  Seriously, I WANT more psychopaths on my team.  In my opinion, Belichick should actually try to TARGET psychopaths... 

There's a difference though.  Spikes, Harrison, minus only pretentious old white conservative male's issue with Spikes filming himself sleeping with a chick while he was a 19 year old in college- With Spikes & Harrison, you DO NOT hear about their off-field issues, beit at home, or in the lockerrom, or on the sideline bench, Affecting their passion, their drive, their team chemistry, as it relates to the actual football related aspects of themselves.  These guys get bad raps for trying to kill people...But ALL their desires and passions are weighted towards being the best, the hardest, the toughest, and the most passion-filled (and inspired) players on that gameday field of play.  There are ZERO noteworthy conflictions in their personal life vs. their ability to play and shed blood (their's or someone else's) for their football squad.

And yet, we're not even getting anywhere with the hopes that Jenkins supporters might hope to recognize some greater quality found within a guy's true love (or lack thereof) and passion to play the game of football at the highest level possible, As it relates to one's continued and unfaltering professionalism and dedication towards this, the most critical of desires, Upon a football player stepping off the field at any given time.  And good grief (with jenkins), it wasn't simply his arrests that gave Myer fits at U of F, it was his locker room persona that keeps getting noted as the final straw which led to him being dumped...  At what's the issue now with jenkins, The guy hasn't even been drafted and now there's news about his agent not liking him to the point where Jenkins had to end things with that agent and find another one?!?  Man...

And, lmao...Nope, even that doesn't even remotely do it for me. <Also, here I'd like to add the sorta relevant question of: WhyInTH would we be packaging draft picks in order to move up so NE can target the position of...1st Round CORNERBACK this year? /> 

But no...  Nope.  Jenkins is- well, he's not-hmmm, "Good."  No...  He might get back to BEING good (a definate probability in light of all his off-field issues).  Jenkins was pretty good verses 2 future 1st Round NFL Wide Receivers, Julio Jones & AJ Green.  But that was in 2010...(2008-2010 Florida Gators- NOT a too shabby collection of players on that Offensive and Defensive Team overall)   And yet, HERE is 1st Round Pick Janoris Jenkins' 3 year stats while at Florida (39(!) Games btw...starting 36 of them and playing heavily in the other 3 that he didn't actually start in=39 GAMES):

3 Years and 39 Games (including Bowl Games and SEC Championship Games):
    121 Total Tackles (Combined Solos and Assists)
    25 Passes defensed
    8 Interceptions

In 2011-12, Jenkins "schooled" oppossing wideouts in DIVISION II...with a stat line at N. Alabama of: 53 TTs (decent...division II), AND for his pass d against Dividion II wideouts?  4 PDs and 2 INTs. 
    If ya need quick math help, As it relates to every game that's just about I believe now: 3/4's of 1 PD for each 1 Game, 1 in every 5 Games He'll get an INT, and finally now- How many TT's on average per game...?  A: Just about 3...3 as the grand total after you Combine Solo Tackles and Assists together.

Not enough?

Alright...here's some videos of how he performed verses The other noteable draftworthy Seniors (this year...2012...couple months ago).

#1. Day 1 Practice 1 for the South Squad at Senior Bowl Practice Week:
    <play #1-Jenkins stays at home, and gets knocked back with his rock feet-Late throw (too slow, and terrible read and react balance in off-man)- Count on that being a certified pass reception in the pros/play #2-Jenkins gets right up on the line, and actually plays extremely physical press-man coverage...before falling right down to the ground upon the wideout shrugging him off & returning just half the physicality Jenkins was using on the same wideout himself (this quality of passing defensive plays result in 20 yard gains and touchdowns in the pros) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ6gMmOPEok

#2. Practice 2- Play 1: Jenkins best play @ 1:10 while defending wideout Jeff Fuller (sort of a problem though- It might become an issue, when Jenkins isn't able to turn his head to make any sort of idk- "minor glance" at the actual ball when it gets to the WR in the NFL <ya know, just turn his head to make a play on the pass right as it's getting to the WR? /> NFL wideouts WILL have the agility to turn that underthrown ball into a catch IF and when the CB that's covering them, isn't even skilled enough to turn his head to the ball in the flight. 
    Play 2: @ 5:35...LOL!  Not only does Jenkins get beat...really, REALLY badly.  But, On an underthrown ball...a ball so underthrown that the receiver can't stop in time to actually be able to make the simple catch after burning Jenkins, Jenkins actually feels the added need to turn that bad pass, into a WOULD-BE, NFL Pass Interference call, which would've resulted in a 1st and Goal at the 5 upon the 40 or more yard PI penalty being awarded (they call this a PI in the pros when you're hitting the receiver's arms down, even if just for a fraction of a second prior to the ball getting to them).  So he first got burned, then second- turned a bad pass that wouldn't have resulted in a catch, IN-to a would-be 1st and Goal.  Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ame-J9iqZ8&feature=relmfu

#3. Day 3- How'd Jenkins do here?  Luckily, when he got caught flat-footed & slow in his QB pass-direction to WR-read & react ability on this one...it was only a pass play that went for a shade over 50 yards.  Hopefully NFL QBs won't be hitting their pro wideouts in full stride, resulting in TDs when he sees the big-time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-J5gwllC0&feature=related

#4.  The Game itself...1st TD of the game?  Given up by Jenkins (purple helmet tumbling out of bounds while his receiver makes the TD catch @ the :40 second mark).  Play 2: Jenkins making a successful special team's tackle on the oppossing side's PR man, after the return man making a 40 yard return @ the 1:56 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2J57oxOMjU&feature=related

Finally, final play of the Senior Bowl Game (North's RB Isiah Pead, skirting down Jenkins' sideline, and Jenkins completely whiffing on Pead's juke @ the final 3:50 plus mark <5 seconds to the exact end of the clip />):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBk6TqQdCHA&feature=related

~~~

There, that's the CB we should we package picks together in order to trade up for in the 1st Round.
    ~

<>Dear Janoris Jenkins Supporters:
        />Welcome to April 2012...No, Janoris Jenkins is NOT Pacman Jones, or Randy Moss, or Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, or anyone that came into The NFL Draft with high quality and many off-field or just outward question marks and noteable red flags to at least weigh...Janoris Jenkins couldn't even hold these guys j#ckstraps, in regards to his quality of play verses THEIR quality of play come their respective draft days. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : NEWS FLASH!!!! ALMOST ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS SMOKE POT.  So he has some baggage. But he also has skill and could easily fill a need in New England. I really don't care if BB takes but all I'm saying is that people will be all over his sh*t the first time he even allows a catch. What are all you haters going to do if BB trades back into early second round and possibly drafts JJ. Boo the guy during preseason practices because of his past. He aint the first player with baggage to be drafted in the NFL. I can name multiple star players with issues in the NFL that are very quality players. 
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

NEWS FLASH!!!!

Most college kids who get caught and risk being tossed out of school and most college athletes who get caught and risk losing millions of dollars give it up after getting caught. It's not the smoking pot I care about it's the complete lack of common sense, inability to recognize when you are doing something detrimental to both himself and team, and inability for him to learn from that mistake. Every kid makes mistakes but this kid makes them repeatedly and does appear to care about the consequences that's the concern! It's not just the pot but he's worked out of a post game meeting in his first game! has a history or violence on and off the field, shows other areas of very questionable decision making. You act as if he was caught with a J once and we are turning this into a big deal when in fact he's got a long history of questionable decisions and actions

Does anyone else hate the term "haters". I mean seriously grow up with the "haters" talk. I don't hate the kid at all and for his kids I hope he grows up and turns straight but I don't want to use a high pick on the kid. That's not hating that's understanding that this kid was given a second, third, forth, and fifth chance and still messed up. There is a point where you take a look at this locker room that brought you to the brink of a SB and say we don't need a kid who just repeatedly makes the same mistakes over and over again. How many chances is enough for this kid to get it through his skull that talent alone gets you no where, you have to take responsibility for you actions and learn from them in order to grow. Ask Pac-man

But, if you are looking to rout for a teams who are willing to give these kids multiple chances then go root for Dal, Cin, Oak, or Jets. They love to take in these high talented headcases. It's worked out well for them so far

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Brdbreu I am wiht you on JJ and have been for months. The kid would be a steal at the end of the 1st. What folks dont talk about is he is also a DYNAMITE return man, another huge area of need for the Pats. Does he have some red flags? Sure, but how many folks in the NFL or in this draft dont? Put him around some mature older players, have someone like Big Vince or Kyle Arrington (wow is he really the elder statesman amongst our CB's?! {not counting Will Allen}) mentor him and I think he will be ok. If not, he is a missed pick, not the first time we have missed on a high pick and wont be the last.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

and Laz....alathough I enjoyed your post I would say its tough to throw D2 stats out there to support your argument when D2 teams clearly did not throw at JJ. Its also easy to look at film and pick out several bonehead play by anybody. Heck even TB12 has given us alot of footage of bonehead polays in recent playoff games.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]and Laz....alathough I enjoyed your post I would say its tough to throw D2 stats out there to support your argument when D2 teams clearly did not throw at JJ. Its also easy to look at film and pick out several bonehead play by anybody. Heck even TB12 has given us alot of footage of bonehead polays in recent playoff games.....
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Realized myself upon re-reading my post that it could offer some confusion...but in my tabulation of Jenkins and his Statistics, it was, in fact, ALL of his College Stats added up together- The Breakdown of Jenkins' play in his 3 years and 39 total games at Florida PLUS (including/adding in/in addition to) The 13 or so Games he played while at North Alabama=ALL Tallied and Combined together in order to show you what Janoris Jenkins has brought to the table on a per game average breakdown throughout his collegiate career.  Again, The ambiguity is understood...I saw that in my post later on, but was too lazy to fix it I guess...<I'm far more annoyed that this time around of my repost of my 1st repost, I checked the links this morning, and Practice #2 was removed by the youtube poster who had it up, And I couldn't find any tape showing the wr vs db match-ups here during this particular practice...svx, because that was THE best 1 outta ALL of them to see just HOW awful Janoris Jenkins currently is in his pass-coverage skills...it was TRAGICALLY bad for those who saw it the 1st couple times around in my previous posts here />.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Oh, also I worried about the notion of whether or not "I picked out just several 'b0neheaded plays' of Janoris Jenkins at The Senior Bowl...".  I however, DID NOT.  I was studying Senior Bowl Practice written breakdowns on WalterFootball.com (and there was a good depth and number of them), before turning to youtube on this Jenkins thing...  2 important things you should note here:  I did NOT find ALL of the Jenkins f`-up's in question according to written play-by-play 1-on-1 match-ups in the video...Yet, With-IN ANY and EVERY Practice Video I DID find on The South Team's DBs verses WRs (AND the final game match-up), I Gave you EVERY...EVERY Single Janoris Jenkins instance on film that I came across...Every...Single...One.

In this sense, understand that this is a TERRIFYINGLY ACCURATE bottom-line FULL showing of where Janoris Jenkins' current DB play is at.  He is NOT good (and this is a monumental understatement).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : NEWS FLASH!!!! Most college kids who get caught and risk being tossed out of school and most college athletes who get caught and risk losing millions of dollars give it up after getting caught. It's not the smoking pot I care about it's the complete lack of common sense, inability to recognize when you are doing something detrimental to both himself and team, and inability for him to learn from that mistake. Every kid makes mistakes but this kid makes them repeatedly and does appear to care about the consequences that's the concern! It's not just the pot but he's worked out of a post game meeting in his first game! has a history or violence on and off the field, shows other areas of very questionable decision making. You act as if he was caught with a J once and we are turning this into a big deal when in fact he's got a long history of questionable decisions and actions Does anyone else hate the term "haters". I mean seriously grow up with the "haters" talk. I don't hate the kid at all and for his kids I hope he grows up and turns straight but I don't want to use a high pick on the kid. That's not hating that's understanding that this kid was given a second, third, forth, and fifth chance and still messed up. There is a point where you take a look at this locker room that brought you to the brink of a SB and say we don't need a kid who just repeatedly makes the same mistakes over and over again. How many chances is enough for this kid to get it through his skull that talent alone gets you no where, you have to take responsibility for you actions and learn from them in order to grow. Ask Pac-man But, if you are looking to rout for a teams who are willing to give these kids multiple chances then go root for Dal, Cin, Oak, or Jets. They love to take in these high talented headcases. It's worked out well for them so far

Your not getting my point. If JJ is there in the second round he is a must draft. Unless they take the 3 better CB's ahead of JJ with a first round pick. The facts are that the Pats need to take a CB in the top 6 picks they have. But if they pass up on other CB's in the first round, none of the other CB's in the draft will be a difference maker. JJ atleast has the chance to become a difference maker. It's fine if you and Laz think he stinks but I agree with many experts.

All Im saying is that he is worth a second round pick BECAUSE the past 7 years no CB taken in the 2nd or 3rd round has been a pro-bowler or a difference maker. And since if the Pats took another CB, he most likely according to history will become maybe an average CB or cut. JJ has the chance to be an Pro-Bowl corner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Adam Pacman Jones

That's all I wanted to say...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Laz

Thanks for your homework on JJ in the Senior Bowl. Maybe, he used to be great but as of the senior bowl he is "inconsistent at the very best". Maybe, he will do better with regular coaching but the sad truth is he is arrogant in believing "I am the best corner in the draft". Shows no ability to reflect on his problems, accept help, change and this bodes negatively for his future in the NFL until he matures. Furthermore, once he does get a contract all the women will come forward and ask for their share and this will create emotional stress and potential problems in the locker room. There is no way BB picks this guy in the 1st round and I doubt he grabs in the second either. (I like him as an UDFA).